South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ETBee

Re: South Stand

edgeog wrote:I believe the plan to create a terrace on the SE section has been scrapped as not cost effective.
This illustrates why I'm so frustrated with the club not communicating what is going on. This decision is not clear, or even mentioned, in the planning documents. Where was this reported?
Barnet loyal

ETBee wrote:
edgeog wrote:I believe the plan to create a terrace on the SE section has been scrapped as not cost effective.
This illustrates why I'm so frustrated with the club not communicating what is going on. This decision is not clear, or even mentioned, in the planning documents. Where was this reported?
Pretty sure that TK has said not too long ago that the removal of seats of seats and putting a terrace on the east stand was no longer a option..
BEEGONE

hoofer2 wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:
ETBee wrote:But we shouldn't have to rely on Harrow Council to tell us what is going on at our club!
The club don’t care, if they cared the terrace would still
Be there and open for the past 2 seasons…
The terrace was shit and not worth getting nostalgic over.

The club did inform fans of submitted plans and were completely transparent. Nothing has changed since other than building works have finally started.

As for standing / railed seating it all comes down to condition of grant.

I wonder if installing railed seating without being used for standing is permitted?
I’m not nostalgic, I just prefer to stand at the football…

As for this stuff about grants, this needs to be checked and verified by the SA. There’s no way Morecambe and Burton built a Whole stadium with Terraces without grant money…
Last edited by BEEGONE on 01 Mar 2022, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
DerekRocholl

BEEGONE wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:
ETBee wrote:But we shouldn't have to rely on Harrow Council to tell us what is going on at our club!

The club did inform fans of submitted plans and were completely transparent. Nothing has changed since other than building works have finally started.

I wonder if installing railed seating without being used for standing is permitted?
I’m nostalgic, I just prefer to stand at the football…

As for this stuff about grants, this needs to be checked and verified by the SA. There’s no way Morecambe and Burton built a Whole stadium with Terraces without grant money…
Agreed, and for me I don’t care much about the physical design of the terrace it is about meeting people you get on with and want to share the game with, and very occasionally about getting away from someone who becomes unbearable.
PBBee

DerekRocholl wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
BEEGONE wrote: The club don’t care, if they cared the terrace would still

Agreed, and for me I don’t care much about the physical design of the terrace it is about meeting people you get on with and want to share the game with, and very occasionally about getting away from someone who becomes unbearable.
Totally agree!
Mikel Bee

BEEGONE wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:

FSIF grants apply if the works are to bring a stadium up to a certain ground grading level. They have confirmed that doesn't apply in the case of the new South Stand and nor can any grant be issued for safe standing/rail seating.
DerekRocholl

Do you know What ground grading level is Kleanthous trying to achieve Mikel ?

What the Hive has already is clearly well beyond anything Barnet FC is likely to need in the foreseeable. It would seem bizarre for the FSIF to hand out grants for unnecessary ground improvements.
Roy57

ETBee wrote:
Believe it was also mentioned few weeks back by the new supporters association when they had meeting with TK, which was in this forum.
b4life

We understand that TK was having a meeting about the design for both the South Stand and East Stand. We've asked for an update from it. TK is aware of the feelings around standing from the survey we undertook.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
blitzkrieg bee

The survey was probably pointless as TK has already made the decision ages ago
ETBee

Where will the executive boxes, which we're bound to get sometime, be located. I assume that the west stand will be completely rebuilt to include these boxes and catering while the fans are shifted to the new south stand.
letchbee94

When we get a good i will get excited about a new stand going up
b4life

blitzkrieg bee wrote:The survey was probably pointless as TK has already made the decision ages ago
Let's all just give up then, shall we?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
eastbarnetsupporter

I would like to better understand how ripping up the East Stand seats and installing some standing safety rails is too costly/problematic? Even if it was just on the southern part of the stand?

There are only about 6 concrete rows to deal with and this could easily solve the standing situation that many bees feel aggrieved by.

It would have a bit of the old East Terrace of Underhill vibes about it (just minus a roof but we can live with that for now).
BEEGONE

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:I would like to better understand how ripping up the East Stand seats and installing some standing safety rails is too costly/problematic? Even if it was just on the southern part of the stand?

There are only about 6 concrete rows to deal with and this could easily solve the standing situation that many bees feel aggrieved by.

It would have a bit of the old East Terrace of Underhill vibes about it (just minus a roof but we can live with that for now).
How much did TK profit from the sale of Underhill and yet he can’t pay for 4 rows of terracing for his loyal customers…