Bromley (Hive) The Match Thread Raven Goodbye to Mediocrity

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Re: Bromley (Hive) The Match Thread Raven Goodbye to Mediocrity

Summed up the season in a way today. Had odd bright moment but overall not good enough.
New midfield and goal keeper needed for next season
jonbonbaby

Some proper deadwood in that team is maybe keep 4 out of the starting 11
john dockers shorts

We actually played some good football at times but GK was comedy...gifting Bromley.

Good player awards afterwards

Spoke with Daniel Powell he said it was a cross that went in! Decent guy , also BRE nice chap.
hoofer2

I thought Vasilou should have been brought on, even if for a final cameo as do not expect him to be here next season.

Howe has definitely improved after a run in the team and Granville looked like he had something to prove when he came on
barnet_pls

I thought 6 of the starting 11 max should stay for next season. Add to that EMC, Thomas, Beard, Woods. Given that at least 3 of that 10 won't sign, leaves us with 7, so 12 min. needed.
foxy

Atleast 1 new GK has to be our number 1 transfer target

I feel for Aymen - especially after the horrible injury last year but today's shockerS has confirmed that this position needs to be addressed immediately.... And he has to surely be a 30+ year old with leadership capabilities!!!

Get the new GK in and then we can slowly start to replace the rest of this really really poor team!

Hope you are having a nice holiday BTW TK - yet another reminder of just how much you care!

@Cranners - unfortunately I fear you may as well set your alarm for the same time in 365 days!
amberforever

Thought BME looked class yesterday as I’m previous games. Surely one to keep as well.
becbee

amberforever wrote: 16 May 2022, 07:28 Thought BME looked class yesterday as I’m previous games. Surely one to keep as well.
Do you mean BRE, in which case he's under contract for next season.
rudebwoyben

becbee wrote: 16 May 2022, 07:40
amberforever wrote: 16 May 2022, 07:28 Thought BME looked class yesterday as I’m previous games. Surely one to keep as well.
Surprised that he didn’t win the most improved player award. I mean Beard was already good last season and just kept up the same standard!
Roy57

After listening to DB post match interview and his comments over the last 2-3 months he believes there are quite a few players who just don't want to be hear. This worries me, I can except 2-3 players not happy for what ever reason. Cannot settle, not selected. But it seems DB is saying there are at least 10 if not more. Now is this 10 players with poor attuide, 10 players who feel there far better than this team. That's a large number. 10 or more players and a manager, is it the players or how there being man managed, this is not a dig at Dean but cannot ever remember so many players not wanting to be at a club. It is hard these days managing players, some need a arm around them some need a kick up the backside. Bassey and Currie had the players singing of the same sheet, but hopefully this summer DB can manage to bring in players who want to be at our club as he stated. But it is a concern with the amount who want out as soon as possible.
LeftSideRun

hoofer2 wrote: 15 May 2022, 20:56 I thought Vasilou should have been brought on, even if for a final cameo as do not expect him to be here next season.

Howe has definitely improved after a run in the team and Granville looked like he had something to prove when he came on
Agree with all of this. Howe will be good backup next season and that was easily the best I've seen of Granville. Shades of Skeffington. RdH improved when Granville came on too.

How can you pan the team like that in your post match interview but not give the guy a 10 minute run out at the end?
LeftSideRun

rudebwoyben wrote: 16 May 2022, 07:48
becbee wrote: 16 May 2022, 07:40
Surprised that he didn’t win the most improved player award. I mean Beard was already good last season and just kept up the same standard!
Agree. BRE was all over the place last season but has really stepped up, Beard was already class.
LeftSideRun

Roy57 wrote: 16 May 2022, 11:31 After listening to DB post match interview and his comments over the last 2-3 months he believes there are quite a few players who just don't want to be hear. This worries me, I can except 2-3 players not happy for what ever reason. Cannot settle, not selected. But it seems DB is saying there are at least 10 if not more. Now is this 10 players with poor attuide, 10 players who feel there far better than this team. That's a large number. 10 or more players and a manager, is it the players or how there being man managed, this is not a dig at Dean but cannot ever remember so many players not wanting to be at a club. It is hard these days managing players, some need a arm around them some need a kick up the backside. Bassey and Currie had the players singing of the same sheet, but hopefully this summer DB can manage to bring in players who want to be at our club as he stated. But it is a concern with the amount who want out as soon as possible.
I can't remember the game but after an away performance, DB really laid into the team in his post match interview. Think it got a long thread on here. I thought, wow, how will training be on Monday now?! I think he probably lost a good few of them after that.
LeftSideRun

Did you notice the chattering going on during the presentations yesterday? In particular when DB was speaking? Most of that was from the players! I thought that was telling.