Eastleigh (Hive) The In Flight TV Dinner Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
amberforever

Re: Eastleigh (Hive) The In Flight TV Dinner Match Thread

Just a shout out for Canons Cafe by the station. Excellent little cafe, clean and tasty fry ups. !!
Shame we can’t offer any decent catering.
CrawleyBee

wearebees wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 11:13 It feels great to be winning so much! Not quite good used to it yet, hopefully it lasts! I could watch that Hall strike over and over. Nice to see the Hive busier, great atmosphere, people certainly love a freebie. Shame the Hive Bar wasn't equipped at all with food or drink, two staff members doing what they could, cheese or ham toastie for dinner anyone? The point of free/cheap tickets is partly to make money in other ways to make up for the cost, all those extra people and not much money made from them.
Agree with this. The die hards might not be affected by the lack of food, broken scoreboard etc, but the day trippers will definitely be out of by these issues. Shame as the atmosphere was excellent and the football not to bad at times! (Bar first 20 mins!)
Formerly Watfordbee
wearebees

amberforever wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 11:16 Just a shout out for Canons Cafe by the station. Excellent little cafe, clean and tasty fry ups. !!
Shame we can’t offer any decent catering.
I've always wondered why we don't team up with a local business for catering. Canons Cafe, if they are up for it? Or there is Melissa's Turkish kebabs, nice and easy...even the caterer's for the Indian weddings, just make some extra samosas/bhajis and when they are gone they're gone. They would all offer something a little different, loads of non league clubs offer very good/interesting food nowadays. That said, anything will do at the moment! :D
WhetstoneBee

wearebees wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 11:13 It feels great to be winning so much! Not quite good used to it yet, hopefully it lasts! I could watch that Hall strike over and over. Nice to see the Hive busier, great atmosphere, people certainly love a freebie. Shame the Hive Bar wasn't equipped at all with food or drink, two staff members doing what they could, cheese or ham toastie for dinner anyone? The point of free/cheap tickets is partly to make money in other ways to make up for the cost, all those extra people and not much money made from them.
Not just that - it will put potential supporters off coming back too. It really isn’t good enough when DB and the team are putting so much effort in to improve things on the pitch that others at the club can’t manage to do even the most basic of things well off it. Even by The Hive’s standards, yesterday’s offering was a disgrace, frankly. Ridiculous queues for drinks due to only having 3 staff in Legends, beer that had gone off, no tea bar open at all, TVs not turned on or not working, both scoreboards still not fixed, ludicrous parking arrangements causing delays getting out etc. - I could go on and on. I would have ended up spending close to another £100 yesterday but in the end spent nothing; I wanted to buy the new away shirt but there weren’t any on sale and the club shop had no idea when they would be, I would have bought drinks for myself and friends but saw the length of the queues and didn’t bother, and I would have bought food but there wasn’t any on sale. Perhaps the BFCSA can explain to the club that there is little point in
putting on offers to entice new supporters in while continuing to offer a matchday experience that is so dire, even for a NL club. It’s such a shame because DB has done such a good job in improving matters on the pitch yet those coming, especially with kids, will be put off coming back if it’s so difficult to get even a bottle of water and some chips.
CrawleyBee

LoringBee wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 11:46
Not just that - it will put potential supporters off coming back too. It really isn’t good enough when DB and the team are putting so much effort in to improve things on the pitch that others at the club can’t manage to do even the most basic of things well off it. Even by The Hive’s standards, yesterday’s offering was a disgrace, frankly. Ridiculous queues for drinks due to only having 3 staff in Legends, beer that had gone off, no tea bar open at all, TVs not turned on or not working, both scoreboards still not fixed, ludicrous parking arrangements causing delays getting out etc. - I could go on and on. I would have ended up spending close to another £100 yesterday but in the end spent nothing; I wanted to buy the new away shirt but there weren’t any on sale and the club shop had no idea when they would be, I would have bought drinks for myself and friends but saw the length of the queues and didn’t bother, and I would have bought food but there wasn’t any on sale. Perhaps the BFCSA can explain to the club that there is little point in
putting on offers to entice new supporters in while continuing to offer a matchday experience that is so dire, even for a NL club. It’s such a shame because DB has done such a good job in improving matters on the pitch yet those coming, especially with kids, will be put off coming back if it’s so difficult to get even a bottle of water and some chips.
Agree with this 💯 those poor sods that paid £22 yesterday.
Formerly Watfordbee
b4life

The poor match day experience has been a constant item of discussion with the club since when we started up again. All these points are valid. We keep being told that it's impossible to source staff and caterers and that other clubs are having the same issues, we're not sure which ones though! If anyone has any contacts who might be interested in either the catering or just a part time job in the bar or tea hut, do let us know! We'll pass it on.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
eastbarnetsupporter

No ball boys behind the goal
No scoreboards
Not tvs in bar
No tea hut with food
No away kits in the shop (wasn't much stock at all, to be honest - Looked like a closing down sale)
Minimal staff & giant Q for drinks

But...

A lovely win and a great atmosphere! I hope the new fans enjoyed what happened on the pitch enough to ignore the state of affairs off it.
John Hunt

A dead mouse in the catering concession in the away end.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
hoppy

John Hunt wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 12:20 A dead mouse in the catering concession in the away end.
[/quote

I expect it died of hunger.
Roy57

Bloody good post, BFCSA hopefully will bring these huge list of issues that a. club of our size should of sorted out, cannot get a drink, food, parking, etc is scandalous. Even a cup of tea.
Maybe rightly the club moan about attendances, but DB has brought in players the supporters can
finally get behind, but club cannot sort out issues that clubs in paper are smaller than us show us
How things should be done, good catterers, organising on match days.
Roy57

There has been quite a few posts on our attendances, but noticed yesterday Eastleigh only brought
108 supporters on a bank holiday with short journey, we took 129 away to Chesterfield on a Friday
night, on a rescheduled match, just think the support especially with how we have started the season will only improve. Plus the supporters who travel in numbers need a pat on the back.
11bee717

eastbarnetsupporter wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 12:14 No ball boys behind the goal
No scoreboards
Not tvs in bar
No tea hut with food
No away kits in the shop (wasn't much stock at all, to be honest - Looked like a closing down sale)
Minimal staff & giant Q for drinks

But...

A lovely win and a great atmosphere! I hope the new fans enjoyed what happened on the pitch enough to ignore the state of affairs off it.
To be fair when I arrived right as the turnstiles opened there were plenty of away shirts in stock
becbee

What's happens on the pitch is the main priority but that shouldn't mean that off the pitch issues should be so neglected.
I cannot believe that when people are suffering financial hardship , unable to pay for heating and food etc that it is impossible to get catering staff. If it is the case then why?
Certainly buying a new scoreboard and getting hand driers repaired shouldn't cost much. Or maybe we could have a bucket collection?!!!
11bee717

Does anyone know if the family stand is gonna be open all the time?
CrawleyBee

Surely they could source and outsider caterer like many other clubs do. Every other club I’ve been to has managed some sort of catering service. I don’t know the in’s and out’s which I’m sure the SA does.

The lack of ballboys was a joke, what’s happened to asking local youth clubs ?
Formerly Watfordbee