Aldershot (Away) The Match Thread With A Shot Temper

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Re: Aldershot (Away) The Match Thread With A Shot Temper

According to Brennan in non league paper write up the officials admitted to him that the ball went out of play for their penalty, If that is true then it annoying.
Played ok from 20 to about 70th minute.
Need another goal scorer asap but appreciate it not that easy to get 1.
pletch99

Roy57 wrote: 04 Sep 2022, 13:05
pletch99 wrote: 04 Sep 2022, 11:58
Walker had only made routine saves,
Surprised that you say Walker only made routine saves, according to commentary the save Walker made second half they said was best save they have seen all season. Unless because he has pulled off some remarkable saves this season perhaps yesterday's one was not up to the others, and we are getting spoilt.
Added, on YouTube there is post match post interview from Aldershot manager and post match interview from there player Effiong, but sod all from us, embarrassing no matter what the excuse.
You are right, but there was an excellent stop from Effiong in addition to the remarkable goal-line clearance by Pritchard when Aldershot could have scored.
PurleyBee

letchbee94 wrote: 04 Sep 2022, 16:34 According to Brennan in non league paper write up the officials admitted to him that the ball went out of play for their penalty, If that is true then it annoying.
As per the above Brennan admitted to "football suicide" yesterday in the NLP not happy about the decision for the first goal but admitted shots were fully worth the points and was disappointed with how we played. Don't think he'll be giving the players 2 days off again for sometime, I know we played late Monday but not sure only having 2 days training ahead of this game was the right call.
WhetstoneBee

Would anyone be able to post what Brennan told the NLP given that our shambles of a club means it’s the only post-match reaction we’re likely to get?
Roy57

letchbee94 wrote: 04 Sep 2022, 16:34 According to Brennan in non league paper write up the officials admitted to him that the ball went out of play for their penalty, If that is true then it annoying.
This is not a dig but DB said beginning of last season strikers are easy to get it was centre half that
was the hard one to get in. Perhaps things have all changed since last year.
adher36

Saturday was a disturbing performance, but hopefully this will cause DB to panic and swiftly bring in a striker this week.

It's beginning to look more and more silly that we didn't just pay Marriott the money he asked for, even if it meant taking the salary of two or three players and having to have one fewer midfielder in the squad.
becbee

Quote from NLP
"The hosts had again made a strong start but this time took advantage – albeit in controversial circumstances. Archie Davies’s high ball curled back into play on its way down the line and as the Shots recycled possession, Justin Amaluzor turned Sam Beard as he burst into the box. Beard committed the foul, allowing Inih Effiong to drive a confident penalty down the middle.

“The ball is out by six yards,” said Brennan. “To be fair, the officials have admitted it to me, which I appreciate, but it’s criminal. It’s not a yard out, it’s half a dozen yards.”

I said on here on Saturday that the ref had been awful but he wasn't the reason why we lost. I didn't realise that maybe he was.
letchbee94

becbee wrote: 05 Sep 2022, 09:19

I said on here on Saturday that the ref had been awful but he wasn't the reason why we lost. I didn't realise that maybe he was.
You wrote on here you mean, Don't think you can talk on here :P
JWTBee

DB's pst match interview on the NL Full Time podcast:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1izJYB7 ... sp=sharing
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Beesting

JWTBee wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 09:45 DB's pst match interview on the NL Full Time podcast:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1izJYB7 ... sp=sharing
We equalised before half time and the moments after that leading to half time you could tell they were vulnerable, yet the message at half time from DB is 'dont lose the game', we had the momentum going into half time. Against teams bottom of the league with an agitated crowd, we should be going for the throat, the thought of losing should not be in our mind set.
hoofer2

adher36 wrote: 05 Sep 2022, 09:10 Saturday was a disturbing performance, but hopefully this will cause DB to panic and swiftly bring in a striker this week.

It's beginning to look more and more silly that we didn't just pay Marriott the money he asked for, even if it meant taking the salary of two or three players and having to have one fewer midfielder in the squad.
I liked Effiong when he played for us - had nuisance presence up front. TKs ambiguous "get that Dover striker" - we ended up with Pavey to begin with.

I think Marriott and DB did not get on based on some of the soundbites and fact Marriott wasn't starting some games even when fit earlier in season. Marriott and Kabamba would have been a very effective strike partnership
amberforever

Indeed. Marriott holds the ball up well and would be a great partnership with Kabamba.
john dockers shorts

I actually thought Effiong was a donkey when he played for us.
#Beebot

john dockers shorts wrote:I actually thought Effiong was a donkey when he played for us.
He was part of the worst team we've ever had - not his fault.
Tuesds

hoofer2 wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 10:12
adher36 wrote: 05 Sep 2022, 09:10 Saturday was a disturbing performance, but hopefully this will cause DB to panic and swiftly bring in a striker this week.

I liked Effiong when he played for us - had nuisance presence up front. TKs ambiguous "get that Dover striker" - we ended up with Pavey to begin with.

I think Marriott and DB did not get on based on some of the soundbites and fact Marriott wasn't starting some games even when fit earlier in season. Marriott and Kabamba would have been a very effective strike partnership
We didn’t get Pavey by accident. In Kleanthous’s telling if the story, Currie told him he wanted Pavey, so Kleanthous went to Dover and said we want your striker, and they negotiated on the basis that we were after Effiong. The implication was that Dover couldn’t believe we were looking to buy Pavey; at the time he was in and out of the team and hadn’t scored in ages, while Effiong was their main man, in the team and scoring goals regularly. We ended up with the man we wanted, though, i.e. Pavey.

I quite liked Effiong too, and he’s always been a handful when playing against us.

Marriott would be a good partner for Kabamba, although even if we’d kept hold of him, as we surely should have, I don’t think we’d have seen them alongside each other all that often, because Brennan seems firmly wedded to the 4-3-3 formation with just one central striker.

Even in that system you need more than one striker in the squad, of course, to cover for injury/give you an alternative option/allow you to play two strikers if you’re chasing the game/share the load etc.