Dorking Wanderers (Hive) The Match Thread Dorking 9 til Hive

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tuesds

Re: Dorking Wanderers (Hive) The Match Thread Dorking 9 til Hive

rudebwoyben wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 20:40 A pretty clear cut handball for a penalty not given to us there.
Dorking commentators said that Kabamba got wiped out, too. “Three penalties”, they said.
Psycho

To not score against a team that had conceded TWENTY goals before tonight is unforgivable.

Brennan's luck has well and truly run out by not signing another capable striker.
Roy57

"We are too of the league" it was nice while it lasted.
#Beebot

A poor performance but a succession of awful refereeing decisions late on have robbed us blind. I have no idea what the goal was disallowed for or how he missed the clear handball for a pen at the end.
Beesting

Not being able to score against a team who's manager came out last game and said 'we can't defend for sh*t' is so barnet. They'll ship three next game. This team is better than Brennan has us playing, it's been pretty poor all season, he's far too negative. He needs to change up the personnel, bring Armstrong into that midfield for starters.
Tuesds

Load of crepe.

How were they, by the way? Anyone try some?
WhetstoneBee

Totally and utterly unacceptable. At Aldershot I thought we were outfought and outrun and that the players therefore needed to take a decent chunk of the responsibility for a poor performance. Not so today. Most of them gave their all and were badly let down by some poor performances from senior players and, more worryingly, by some truly woeful management. For the second game in a row, and umpteenth time since he took charge, DB didn’t only seem to have no idea how to improve things but made things much, much worse. We played some nice football in the first half and were well in the game; in the second we went long and resorted to more of the aimless hoofs that we saw against Aldershot. The subs also made us worse - again. Hauling off Shields, who was our only attacking threat, was a particularly mad decision. And Kanu was somehow even worse than Powell. That game was very, very winnable and DB’s in-game management meant that we lost it.

That said, the worst thing of all for me is the fact that Kabamba was poor today and yet because of the inexplicable failure to have more than one striker at the club, he had to play the whole 90 minutes because there was no one at all to replace him. I like DB but for me that is unforgivable whoever the manager. It is 3 months since Marriott confirmed he was leaving and almost 6 weeks since the season started and he still hasn’t signed anyone. How many points are we going to drop before he manages to do what every other club in the league has been able to do and find at least one more striker to sign?

The truth is we have been poor for most of the season and got lucky in earlier games. I expected it would take time for the new team to gel but we seem to be getting worse and worse. The last two games should be a reality check.

Losing at home to Dorking Wanderers in the league - a new low for a club that has already fallen so far?
Sam_BFC

Surprising that Brennan apparently stated that strikers are easy to come by.
Fairclough always said the opposite and they are known to cost the most money.
Roy57

LoringBee wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 21:04 Totally and utterly unacceptable. At Aldershot I thought we were outfought and outrun and that the players therefore needed to take a decent chunk of the responsibility for a poor performance. Not so today. Most of them gave their all and were badly let down by some poor performances from senior players and, more worryingly, by some truly woeful management. For the second game in a row, and umpteenth time since he took charge, DB didn’t only seem to have no idea how to improve things but made things much, much worse. We played some nice football in the first half and were well in the game; in the second we went long and resorted to more of the aimless hoofs that we saw against Aldershot. The subs also made us worse - again. Hauling off Shields, who was our only attacking threat, was a particularly mad decision. And Kanu was somehow even worse than Powell. That game was very, very winnable and DB’s in-game management meant that we lost it.

That said, the worst thing of all for me is the fact that Kabamba was poor today and yet because of the inexplicable failure to have more than one striker at the club, he had to play the whole 90 minutes because there was no one at all to replace him. I like DB but for me that is unforgivable whoever the manager. It is 3 months since Marriott confirmed he was leaving and almost 6 weeks since the season started and he still hasn’t signed anyone. How many points are we going to drop before he manages to do what every other club in the league has been able to do and find at least one more striker to sign?

The truth is we have been poor for most of the season and got lucky in earlier games. I expected it would take time for the new team to gel but we seem to be getting worse and worse. The last two games should be a reality check.

Losing at home to Dorking Wanderers in the league - a new low for a club that has already fallen so far?
Very well thought out post and sadly I have to agree with this. Especially with how DB subs and tactical decisions appear to make us worse. Don't think there is a supporter who disagrees with your view on being with just one main striker within the club for so long can be looked at as nothing but totally not acceptable. In the last month alone quite a few clubs have brought in strikers, not saying all of them are top signings but at least they have brought in a striker that was needed. Don't know what Dean will do it Kabamba was to pick up a injury. Probably play Diarra up front.
HertsBee

Strikers are easy to come by, it's just that TK is to tight to actually pay what one is worth. Wrexham now have THREE strikers on 6 goals each this season.
Roy57

edgeog wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 21:27 Strikers are easy to come by, it's just that TK is to tight to actually pay what one is worth. Wrexham now have THREE strikers on 6 goals each this season.
Sadly we cannot even dream to think we can bring in the quality of players Wrexham can and have brought in. But Solihull is different. They are up next and they brought in top striker from maidenhead Josh Kelly. These are teams we should be matching, but we are long way off from even these clubs, Bromley bring in Marriott from us because they offered him better deal. This I am afraid is the fzct, we are struggling to compete with mid table teams, lucky for us there are and believe there will be four or five teams below our level.
DerekRocholl

Gritty performance from Dorking, a wasteful and erratic one from us where we lacked composure and gradually lost the plot.

Powell put in a disappointingly weak performance which seemed to confuse more than help, but the substitutions didn’t work either and there were lots of examples of poor communication from front to back in the team. Even Walker let things slip in this department.

Since EMC left we haven’t looked the same and in addition to our lack of a second striker it seems as if we are too reliant on contributions from players (Hall, Diarra) who struggle to play 90 minutes regularly.

After a great start to the season this is starting to look worrying. We need a win with a decent performance to restore some confidence.
WhetstoneBee

edgeog wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 21:27 Strikers are easy to come by, it's just that TK is to tight to actually pay what one is worth. Wrexham now have THREE strikers on 6 goals each this season.
In general I agree but this season DB, on a limited budget, has signed FIVE defensive midfielders (two of whom couldn’t even get into the squad tonight) and one striker. That’s on him.
HertsBee

I thought the whole point of moving to the Hive was with the extra revenue generated, we would be able to compete. Obviously just more bullshit from TK because as the Hive expands so does his bank balance to the detriment of the playing side of things.
john dockers shorts

Good to hear that DB wants energy, tempo and pace.

Obvious why he picked Powell who offers none of these

We really got into the game second half with Sean Shields on fire.

For some unfathomable reason DB thought the best way to win the game was take off our best player

What an utter clown of a manager.

I assumed he was on Dorkings payroll to do something soooo stupid.

Unless SS had an injury which he showed no signs off then DB royaly messes thus up