Speculate to Accumulate

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Speculate to Accumulate

Yeovil Win 11/8
Bees Win 15/8
Draw 5/2

I'm a tad pessimistic on getting a result out of this game tonight. If we have Lady Luck with us we might crawl home with a point.
The odds on a Bees win are a bit mean so I might do a bet or two "in play", but my stakes will be very low.
There's better games to win a bob or two, maybe Gateshead 11/5 to beat Notts Co, Scunthorpe 3/1 to win at Woking.

Good luck all.
hoppy

hoppy wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 09:13 Understandably, with Barnet so high in the NL, most bookies have cut the odds on us winning/top three. The odds now range from 40/1 - 100/1.
Inexplicably SkyBet have increased the odds to a massive 250/1.
Surely worth a £1 each way?
Was anyone brave enough to take the 250/1?
PS we are now 50/1.
foxy

Anthony wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 09:58
foxy wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 09:46 Either way how is it a scam? Do they drop less money than what the original bet was?
The punter runs up with money at the last moment saying something like “150 on dog 2”and pressures the cashier to process the bet. Because there is such a large stake, you cant possibly count it before its too late, so the idea is that the cashier feels obliged to put it through before they can receive and count the money. The punter holds onto the money as the race is going off and the bet is processed. In dog racing its obvious if your dog is going to lose quite early on. If it looks like they are going to lose, then they run out of the shop with the money. If it looks like it’s going to win, they hand over the money as if that was what was always going to happen.

Its a stupid scam. But people who try and do scams in betting shops usually are. Its easily rebuffed. And even if you get it on, you could still end up losing your money. And if you event attempt it once, every shop in the area will know who you are and wont serve you.
Interesting read, thanks for explaining this! The cheeky buggers
hoppy

Today's match is a hard one to call, I have not enough confidence in a Bees win to risk a punt. The bookies have Woking as favourites and I wouldn't argue with that.

Bees win 9/5
Woking win 11/8
Draw 5/2

I might have a punt on Wealdstone to beat Halifax, odds of 19/10 seem decent value. On what I saw when Halifax came to The Hive I can't see them beating Wealdstone who, like us, are on a crest of a wave.

Good luck all.
BeesKnees99

Speculate to Accumulate

hoppy wrote:Today's match is a hard one to call, I have not enough confidence in a Bees win to risk a punt. The bookies have Woking as favourites and I wouldn't argue with that.

Bees win 9/5
Woking win 11/8
Draw 5/2

I might have a punt on Wealdstone to beat Halifax, odds of 19/10 seem decent value. On what I saw when Halifax came to The Hive I can't see them beating Wealdstone who, like us, are on a crest of a wave.

Good luck all.
Weird, I remember checking a few days ago and we were favourites. 9/5 isn’t terrible value for an unbeaten side, but I also never bet on Barnet as a firm rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoppy

Spireites win 4/9
Bees win 11/2
Draw 10/3

Being the pessimist that I am I have to side with the bookies on this one. Great odds for the optimists amongst you but on this occasion the moths in my wallet will be undisturbed this evening.
However, tomorrow, good value in Aldershot to win at Oldham (15/4), Torquay to win at Maidstone (9/5) and Yeovil to beat Dagenham (2/1).

Good luck all.
hoppy

Good call not to bet t on a Bees win on Friday, Re the other three "value" bets, well, one came in so a break-even.

BANK HOLIDAY FIXTURE
Bees win Evens
Spitfires win 13/5
Draw 11/4

I can't get to The Hive tomorrow but I will be watching on TV. Not sure on the Evens for a Bees win so I might have a punt or two "in play".
As for other matches there's a bit of value in Bromley to win at Daggers (11/5), Scunthorpe to beat Halifax 29/20) and Yeovil to win at Wealdstone (9/5).

Good luck all.
hoppy

Well, it's not like me to have optimism in a Bees win but today I have!! Kiss of death? We shall see.
The Shots are not in a good place atm and there seems to be a feel good factor in the Bees camp. Today's ref is a lucky ref for us, we have never lost with him in charge, so with odds of 13/10 I am going for it.

Shots win 8/5
Bees win 13/10
Draw 13/5

Other than that, Oldham to beat Chesterfield (small wager at 12/5) and Wealdstone to beat Woking tomorrow (9/5) will help towards my Xmas pressie fund (only 16 weeks to go).

Good luck all.
hoppy

After such a heart-wrenching few days I am so looking forward to tomorrow's game against Dorking Wanderers.
Notwithstanding the live footy and catering on offer at The Hive, it is a good opportunity to claw back some of my recent monetary losses from those nasty, nasty bookies.

Bees win 13/10
Wanderers win 9/4
Draw 13/5

Surely we must play better tomorrow than we have in recent games??? If we perform on the pitch like we all know we can then it's a home banker. Fingers and everything else crossed!!

Other tempting bets tomorrow....
Yeovil (12/5) to win at Eastleigh.
Gateshead (19/10) to win at Halifax.
Wealdstone (13/5) to win at Maidstone.
Torquay (3/1) to beat Solihull at Plainmoor.

Good luck all.
hoppy

Team loyalty only goes so far so, despite the title of this thread and the impressive odds on offer, I will not be betting on the Bees this Saturday. Anything other than a home win is unthinkable. Even a bet on the draw at 4/1 needs massive courage.

Solihull win 4/9
Bees win 6/1
Draw 4/1

If you feel brave, my very best wishes to you.

Good luck all.
Reckless

6/1 is very tempting for a cock and hen only for the fact that its Barnet.
hoppy

Well done if you made money last week on the Solihull game (I didn't.....AGAIN!!). Hopefully the Gods will take pity on me this week.

Daggers win 4/5
Bees win 16/5
Draw 3/1

Much like last week a punt on both the draw and the Bees win will put you in pocket. Out of a mix of both (a)sheer loyalty to the Bees and (b) total ignorance on my part, I aim to bet against the Daggers win.
I know!! I'm a bloody idiot. But there we go.

More sensible bets would be Aldershot to win at Alty (13/5), Dorking to win at Scunthorpe (8/5) and Solihull to win at Woking (7/5).

So there you are. Four games.... probably all having Hoppy's kiss of death.

Good luck all.
hoppy

And, yes, all of my four bets last week went belly-up!!

I've had a look at the Form Table (last 6 games) for tomorrow's game against York City.
York sit proudly in 6th position, P6 W3 D2 L1 F7 A6 Pts 11
Barnet sit ignominiously in 22nd position P6 W1 D1 L4 F10 A14 Pts4

So, based on those stats one would expect the bookies might make York favourites for tomorrow's clash. NO!!

Bees win 6/4
York win 19/10
Draw 12/5

Based on (a) the Form Table and (b) I always seem to get everything wrong, I am going for a York win.
I will happily lose my stake money if the Bees get the three points.

Good luck all.
hoppy

Fans of both Barnet and Maidstone are under no illusions that we will be witnessing two teams in dreadful form. Much like last night's game, Leicester City v Notts Forest. I take heart from that result which was a resounding win for the home team.
The bookies make Barnet favourites but I feel that both teams will not be too unhappy with a draw, and I will take a punt on that result tonight.

Bees win 29/20
Stones win 13/8
Draw 11/4

I might also be tempted by York to win at Halifax (21/10), Wrexham to win at Notts County (9/4) and Torquay to beat Maidenhead at Plainmoor (19/10.

Good luck all.
hoppy

Wanna make some money?
What an opportunity to clear off those credit card debts, get some early Xmas pressies or even treat yourself to a bit of a holiday.
Sounds good? Well, all possible IF we can score more goals than Wrexham today!! Easy!!!!

Wrexham win 2/7
Bees win 11/1 (yes, ELEVEN TO ONE)
Draw 28/5

Seriously, I wouldn't remortgage the cat on this one but a teensy weensy flutter, why not? Stranger things have happened in life. If Liz Truss can be our Prime Minister then who's to say Barnet can't sneak a 1 0 win today?

Good luck all (we might just need it).