Maidstone (Comedy Central) The Match Thread Attending As a Gesture of Goodwill

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Maidstone (Comedy Central) The Match Thread Attending As a Gesture of Goodwill

So,,,,, Tuesday sees the bees take on newly promoted Maidstone United in what feels like a key game before we go to
Hollywood FC in the Bananarama League.

It is hard to see where things have gone so wrong after our early start to the season. We are playing with close to our strongest team but we look weak in defence and lacking in purpose in midfield, getting bullied by the hard press. As we plummet the league faster than a bowling ball dropped from an aeroplane we find ourselves about to hit last season's dizzying heights of lower mid table. The question is whether Brennan has the tactics or the temperament to turn things around. I am willing to give him some more time but with all the on and off pitch stuff going on my patience is wearing thin with this football club.

Maidstone are currently performing well in respect of their ambitions for the season and worryingly, given how much the Law of the ex has haunted us this season, first with Effiong then with McCallum and the wage thief. Maidstone will have Jerome Bihom-williams, Jack Barham and Gavin Hoyte at their disposal so the law of the ex will be strong with them.

And what of Barnet. Our best defender is suspended, Okimo and Diarra look like they are treading water and Wynter looks a shadow of the player we thought we signed.

The question is whether Brennan rips up the defence and starts again or if he tries to get a tune out of the same players. A lot of this will depend on what Brennan thinks the problem is.

For my money I think we need to go with the same team again but maybe Moose cannot be trusted for two in a row so I would go:-

-------------------------------------Walker----------------------------

----Wynter----------------Phillips----------Woods-------Okimo----

----De-Havilland-------Smith----------Gorman---------Shields----

---------------------------Kanu---------Kabamba---------------------

Subs: Diarra, Azaze, Armstrong, Flanagan, Hall

Clearly the above could be put in to Brennan's compulsive 4-3-3 but I think if the whole team is not working then it's time to change the system.

I am going to this one but not feeling hopeful.

COYB's
Roy57

Re: Maidstone (Comedy Central) The Match Thread Attending As a Gesture of Goodwill

Love the title,very apt
Last edited by Roy57 on 03 Oct 2022, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
rudebwoyben

Re: Maidstone (Comedy Central) The Match Thread Attending As a Gesture of Goodwill

I don’t think Binnom-Williams will be available for Maidstone as it looks like he;s been injured all season so far.
amberforever

Not sure whether DB will have enough or if BFC will have enough of him before many moons. Comedy stock of a club, sleepwalking into the future.
john dockers shorts

No to Smith and De Havilland. Rubbish last few games I've seen them in.
tonbridgebee

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kian start tomorrow night, and looks like Pritch is fit as well.
Chainsaw

tonbridgebee wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 16:13 Wouldn't be surprised to see Kian start tomorrow night, and looks like Pritch is fit as well.
Pritchard fit? If that's true I'd drop Dale Gorman. He's turning out to be what that Yeovil fan tweeted when we first bought him. He shouldn't be an automatic selection as skipper. Make Kabamba or even Shields captain. Use Flanagan or Hall to make up the starting XI.
11bee717

Hall has to start. We get the most out of Pritchard when he’s playing in midfield and I would drop RDH for Armstrong. Looking forward to the game tomorrow for some reason, COYB
LeftSideRun

I wouldn't have Smith anywhere near it. Waste of a shirt.

Thought Gorman has been decent this season until Saturday.

Was hoping we'd sign the defendfer who has been training with us on a short term contract. Is Revan injured?
DerekRocholl

I really hope we don’t have Smith in the line up. Our defence is slow enough as it is and if he ventures too far away from our box he doesn’t manage to get back.

I’m not entirely sure why Brennan signed him but if it was as a player coach he should stick to the latter role.

Are Beard and Thomas injured, if not it would be good to see one or both back in the squad even if it is just to have them as on the bench in case we need to go 10 at the back.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 04 Oct 2022, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
11bee717

DerekRocholl wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 18:20 I really hope we don’t have Smith in the line up. Our defence is slow enough as it and if he ventures too far away from our box he doesn’t manage to get back.

I’m not entirely sure why Brennan signed him but if it was as a player coach he should stick to the latter role.

Are Beard and Thomas injured, if not it would be good to see one or both back in the squad even if it is just to have them as on the bench in case we need to go 10 at the back.
Reckon beard is injured as I’m the training video he was by himself with powell away from the group
letchbee94

ETBee wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 15:31 A hat trick from Barham?!
Is he fit? He did not play in their last game and was not even on bench.
Roy57

On Twitter account the clip titled "focus turns to tomorrow" , can understand the training between sticks but knocking a ball that's 2FT from a six aside net must really text the players. Thought that would be for under 7.
11bee717

Feels like the biggest game of the season tonight. Really hope people can push aside all the hive rubbish (unfortunately we have to) and get behind the team tonight. COYB