South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: South Stand

If a safe standing area is included in the South Stand (please, please, please) would there be an obligation to do the same in the North Stand?
pgbee

Presumably safe standing would be a cheaper ticket so TK couldn't fleece away fans for so much.
PBBee

As above, I will be devastated if there is no standing in the ground - both from a personal point of view & to attract more youngsters to attend as well.

It has to be done.
thebeekeeper

pgbee wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 07:51 Presumably safe standing would be a cheaper ticket so TK couldn't fleece away fans for so much.
Someone may know more about this, but my understanding is that we only need to charge away fans the same price as an equivalent part of the ground. So for example, if the North and South Stands were identical then the price should be the same.

But a terrace would surely change that, as they wouldn't be directly comparable? Also, we could probably move away fans to the West Stand for most matches if necessary, which would rule out that being an issue.
bfc_mo

Any updates on new stand?
ninestein

Clearly this is going to be a slow burner.
Maybe we should come up with some ideas to make the area behind the goal more appealing, especially if we're picked for TV again soon...

How about a mural, a bit like Arsenal did for the North Bank whilst it was being built. But to make it more realistic, just have some empty seats and the odd steward/ball-boy sat in them? :spite:

Or have the image of a delapidated Blackpool-style spion kop, giving the ground a "yesteryear" feel.

Or maybe place a couple of beehives behind the goal on the grassy knoll? That would make the place very distinctive. We could train the inhabitants to annoy opposing goalkeepers during set pieces.

Or perhaps we could just build a stand...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
HertsBee

It would be so nice if the club could give at least an update as to what is or not happening. Like also the indoor 3G which i understand planning permission has been obtained but no progress.
eastbarnetsupporter

If I remember correctly, there was a whole drama around the lack of diversity on the painted Arsenal hoarding covering up the construction (was a cartoon picture of football fans in a stand).

If anything, TK could make some money out of a hoarding or giant banner behind the goal with advertising on it. Missed opportunity.
Norfolkbee

As a former patron of the aforementioned, I used to be an avid reader of this thread, but now I think I will just leave it until TK decides to let us in on his master plan - assuming he sees fit to do so. My money (if I had some) would probably be put on a spanking new banqueting suite.
ETBee

edgeog wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 14:35 It would be so nice if the club could give at least an update as to what is or not happening. Like also the indoor 3G which i understand planning permission has been obtained but no progress.
I did write to the club and ask them what is happening/planned to happen. They said we'll let you know when we have something to say. Put me in my place.
rudebwoyben

According to the notes of the recent meeting between the club and the bfcsa, the stand is going to be all-seater as any installation of rail-standing would have to be replicated for the away fans.
Anthony

rudebwoyben wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 13:05 According to the notes of the recent meeting between the club and the bfcsa, the stand is going to be all-seater as any installation of rail-standing would have to be replicated for the away fans.
I know lots of people wanted safe standing, but I think this is a good outcome. No one wants to stand behind the goal, this was proven when we had standing behind the goal.

This should strengthen the argument to have terraces on the sideline when the East Stand is remodelled - turn that into a terrace, similar (although smaller) to the one they used to have running down the sideline at Hibs, then we’ve got a much better standing option than the one behind the goal imo.
Tuesds

rudebwoyben wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 13:05 According to the notes of the recent meeting between the club and the bfcsa, the stand is going to be all-seater as any installation of rail-standing would have to be replicated for the away fans.
Is this a league rule? Can anyone cite any examples/a source for this rule?

I see that the government announcement about licences for safe standing at Premier League and Championship clubs refers to home and away fans (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/safe ... ext-season), but there’s no sign on the pitch that we’re planning for the Championship.

As far as I can tell League One Shrewsbury’s popular and successful safe standing accommodation is home fans only (https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... -standing/).
rudebwoyben

I think it’s more the rule that you have to offer away fans the equivalent choice regarding sitting and standard that home fans get.
Tuesds

rudebwoyben wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 14:00 I think it’s more the rule that you have to offer away fans the equivalent choice regarding sitting and standard that home fans get.
Do you? We don’t get a standing option at Dagenham, do we? Meanwhile Yeovil’s away terracing is frequently shut, meaning it’s seating only for visitors while home fans have a covered terrace.

It also wasn’t the case when we had the South Stand and Stand 66 in operation. There was a rule - which we fell foul of for a while - that you had to charge away fans the same price for entry as your cheapest tickets regardless of whether they were in equivalent accommodation (eg South Terrace:Stand 66), but that rule was scrapped.