Torquay (Atlantis) The Fawlty Towers Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees

Re: Torquay (Atlantis) The Fawlty Towers Match Thread

We were rubbish.

They battered us for 70 minutes and we were lucky to come away with the points.

Good atmosphere though.
BeeSwede

Biggest home crowd in a long time!

Brentford (FA Cup) and Chesterfield (end of 17/18 season) aside, this was the highest since playing Coventry in October 2017!
john dockers shorts

This team has shown big balls over the last 4 games. So nice to have a team of players you genuinely love

Tin foil FA CUP is coming home!

Looking forward to taking Wealdstone apart limb by limb next game at the Hive....
djhdjh

Great noise from the young fans and great reaction from several players at the final whistle - they knew they gutted that out despite not playing well and had been holding on for most of the second half.

A word for Okimo. When we signed him it sounded like we wouldn't want to see much of him but he has been very solid at the back - always in the right position, strong in the air and organising the rest of the defence. Good stuff.
JWTBee

I want to second the comment about Okimo. I think that he has played really well for some time now.Him & Collinge are a strong Centre Back combination. And with Beard & Wynter playing well that's the reason for our recent clean sheets.As an aside I thought that Armstrong was good yesterday too! But like most on here I would have liked to see either/both of Shields/Flanagan come on!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
tonbridgebee

Some interesting stuff on here I have to say. I wasn't there yesterday, I was on Monday however. There is very little scope to change anything at the moment, until TK actively pulls his finger out and gives DB the extra bodies this squad is craving and needing.

Kian got hooked on Monday after 45 minutes for not doing what was asked of him, last season we would've just accepted that, same with Shields, it doesn't wash this season at all, we have a better group than that and it's a case of shape up and fit in or ship out, that's why we're looking upwards and not down this season.

Rob Hall, love him as you might for the minute of magic he can produce, he can't do 90 minutes anymore, there in a nutshell are three players not able to do what we want them to do, limits the options even further.

4 clean sheets come from Nicke Kabamba defending from the front first and foremost and the ability for Tumble and Mel to be coaching the same back four and keeper constantly on the training ground. I remember him telling me the first session he took when he joined 'here's your back four to work with but none of them are playing this weekend'. Familiarity between what we have lining up provides the consistency.

We aren't going to play well every week, Kirk said as much this week in my blog 'they will be s***, we'll get it wrong', few results again this weekend show it's not an easy league to get three points from anyone, one defeat in ten is a fantastic run so far.

Okimo btw, never loses a headed duel, watch back through the highlights this season, he's been deserving of more credit this season, it's good to see him finally getting that.
jonbonbaby

I was worried about okimo at the start of the season when he was left back but in the middle he is just solid , calm and dependable , minimum 7 out of 10 every week
LeftSideRun

wiggy wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 22:37
LeftSideRun wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 14:11 First time missing a home game this season! Just got a new cat this morning. Expecting a 5-0 win!
I’m hoping you’ve named it; (Giuliano) Catzioli
Haha! It's good but it hasn't made the shortlist for her (still undecided). She's a ginger. Could've gone with 'Bailey'
bzzzzz

LeftSideRun wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 18:59
LeftSideRun wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 14:11 First time missing a home game this season! Just got a new cat this morning. Expecting a 5-0 win!
Haha! It's good but it hasn't made the shortlist for her (still undecided). She's a ginger. Could've gone with 'Bailey'
Gotta be Amber, surely
alexbach

foxy wrote:
alexbach wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 18:43 16511 at notts county.. all time recordrecord apparently

Sent from my 5033XR using Tapatalk
Very relevant
!
They were top of the conference so of course it matters to those with an Interest in non league football ah well that is why i go nowhere near the hive... ni yma o hyd... well played england

Sent from my 5033XR using Tapatalk
Last edited by alexbach on 21 Nov 2022, 16:44, edited 3 times in total.
becbee

bzzzzz wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 19:23
LeftSideRun wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 18:59
Gotta be Amber, surely
Or a female version of Dale or Gorman.