Coaches to Accrington

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beew

Re: Coaches to Accrington

b4life wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 15:23 Five spaces left on the coach, departing from either Barnet or the Hive. If you want to go, book now.

hello@bfcsa1926.com
Good news. I'm going to raise my attendance prediction accordingly.
11bee717

Just wanted so say congratulations to the SA for their work this weekend! It maybe wasn’t realistic to ending with two coaches, but I can imagine the outrage if there wasn’t enough capacity. Regardless of the issues, I think today was a huge success and hopefully something we can persist with going forward.
Roy57

Just wondering. We only took one coach holding approx 50, plus the Percy bus which is around another day 20, so I assume the remaining 132 travelled by car as trains were not working. Unless they travelled the day before and made a weekend of it.
becbee

Roy57 wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 12:36 Just wondering. We only took one coach holding approx 50, plus the Percy bus which is around another day 20, so I assume the remaining 132 travelled by car as trains were not working. Unless they travelled the day before and made a weekend of it.
Nobody can give you a comprehensive answer to your question (not without asking every person present) but we do have fans who live all over the country. We had north west based fans at Oldham a fortnight ago so they'd have likely been at Accrington. We have fans who drive to distant away matches and back in the same day, some of whom wouldn't have found the coach convenient. We have fans who will make a weekend / mini break of it, which is what I do probably 2-3 times a season and I know others do. Personally I've only ever used the trains a few times, for places like Wimbledon, Charlton where train is easy and parking is difficult- so a train strike normally makes no difference.

However brilliant supporters coaches ever were there would always be plenty of fans who would travel independently.
letchbee94

Roy57 wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 12:36 Just wondering. We only took one coach holding approx 50, plus the Percy bus which is around another day 20, so I assume the remaining 132 travelled by car as trains were not working. Unless they travelled the day before and made a weekend of it.
The bus was another 12.
We have a number of fans up north so obviously they would have travelled on day.
Northampton Bee

We made a weekend of it. I live in Northampton and my partner is in Chesterfield. Stayed at hers on Friday for the England game zzzzzz and we had a lovely drive over the Peak District on Sat morning. We had booked a cheap pub / hotel 10 mins walk from the ground. Had a good chat with Accy supporters in the pub after who were impressed with both our team and supporters..... they recommended a lovely Indian for post match meal, where we ended up sitting next to 2 Barnet fans !
BrizzleBee

Northampton Bee wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 10:26
We made a weekend of it. I live in Northampton and my partner is in Chesterfield. Stayed at hers on Friday for the England game zzzzzz and we had a lovely drive over the Peak District on Sat morning. We had booked a cheap pub / hotel 10 mins walk from the ground. Had a good chat with Accy supporters in the pub after who were impressed with both our team and supporters..... they recommended a lovely Indian for post match meal, where we ended up sitting next to 2 Barnet fans !
That was me and my brother - good to meet you Northampton Bee! We drove up from Bristol and stayed over on Saturday night. Great facilities and friendly supporters at Accy.
Roy57

tonbridgebee wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 17:50
eastbarnetsupporter wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 10:21 Casual/part-time fans of the club will always come out for big games, which has happened since the beginning of time. Not to mention bees fans from afar who'll make the effort to come for such an occasion.

Where was the 5,000 odd up at Old Trafford in 2005 the following game? It's a natural occurrence and the question is how do we give priority to the loyal weekly fans first so they don't miss out. Once they're accounted for, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.
Season ticket holders first and foremost in my eyes, then a window for them to add say 2 or 3 more, then general sale but limit the amount one can get? No doubt it's not that easy and for someone like myself who lives a 3hr journey from The Hive collecting tickets is impossible unless on a matchday and while being a season ticket holder also I don't attend every game.
Glad I asked the queztion, as it's nice to hear stories like this, were Barnet supporters but strangers meet up in a restaurant after game, I did imagine that quite a few would and did make a weekend of it. Glad supporters had good opinions of Acc fans. As it did appear welcoming, such as meeting up in there had before game.