Gate money

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Nudger70

Gate money

Documentary called Gate money been released on you tube tonight. It covers the goverments covid releif money to be distributed amongst the non league clubs. Trailer suggests payments were lopsided to certain clubs with more influence. Hope it covers the debacle of the missing funding for the 2nd half of the season. Suddenly these were loans not grants as I remember.
ETBee

Re: Gate money

I think it was based on the previous average attendance so Wrexham, Notts County etc would have done better than the likes of us. Success breeds success.
Tuesds

ETBee wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 19:51 I think it was based on the previous average attendance so Wrexham, Notts County etc would have done better than the likes of us. Success breeds success.
I think the controversy, such as it was, was that it wasn’t based on attendances, and that therefore the bigger clubs, who had costs to meet which were proportionate to their higher income, lost out in relative terms.
JWTBee

Tuesds wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 20:07
ETBee wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 19:51 I think it was based on the previous average attendance so Wrexham, Notts County etc would have done better than the likes of us. Success breeds success.
I think the controversy, such as it was, was that it wasn’t based on attendances, and that therefore the bigger clubs, who had costs to meet which were proportionate to their higher income, lost out in relative terms.
Correct.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Nudger70

The documentary mainly focuses on clubs in the national league south with big attendances that were proportionally underpaid. The whole process was shrouded in mystery with inquiry not released to the public as yet. Well worth a watch with Ollie Baylis and price of football Kieran Maguire talking in depth. TK was involved in decision but wasn’t named in the show.