Chesterfield (Hive) The Arsene Cook Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
peterstebbings

Re: Chesterfield (Hive) The Arsene Cook Match Thread

I was all ready to slag Woods off, but when I saw the replays of the goals - benefit of being abroad so can stream the game - his tackle set Kabamba up for his second and it was his layoff for the third.

He seemed to be playing a lot higher up than usual and was sitting on their midfielder.

Looks like some inspired tactics by DB
dawat

Great result! Congratulations all round! Drink2: :y: :Drink1:
Doyley

What a good game and a great result.

Their 17 what a little shit, even at the end he was being trouble, should have walked for the run and push
john dockers shorts

We got in their faces and bullied them....Dobra 17 lost it as did a few of them
Reckless

Did anyone get the attendance please?
becbee

Wow, what a fantastic match.
Chesterfield are clearly a class above most sides in this league. At half time I felt however the result went, we could be proud of our performance. I wasn't anticipating a Kabamba hat trick but what a brilliant outcome. And didn't he look happy about it at the end of the match.
Obviously we had to ride our luck at times -but that's what good teams do. Over the 90 minutes we thoroughly deserved our win.
As regards Woods, yes, I wouldn't have had him in my starting eleven -but you could see that he was there against Chesterfield for a reason. Well done DB.
Whilst obviously there could only ever be one man of the match, I did think Kanu had a very good game.
Looking forward to reading the Chesterfield forum later!
talldarkslim

Kabamba's hatrick makes it very likely someone will come in for him during the current window
11bee717

Really good stuff. Weathered a huge storm and earned the right to play our way, the work rate was truly immense!
North Finchley Bee

john dockers shorts wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 18:48 We got in their faces and bullied them....Dobra 17 lost it as did a few of them
Agree Kanu and Gorman both good in that regard. Dobra a bloody idiot. Had to be led away by a member of their coaching staff - very lucky not to get a red. Plucky performance by Barnet. Deserved the win. Delighted for Kabamba. They all count but goals two and three crackers.
Lord Bee

Reckless wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 18:51 Did anyone get the attendance please?
Roy57

Apparently a reporter was waiting to do a interview, DB asked who he was waiting for, the reporter replied " a Chesterfield player" Dean said "I will send Nicki out" believe it was DB sense of humour. Which probably went down well. Chesterfield's fans forum is strange, first of there were comments saying "how are we not winning 4 or 5-0 is a joke". As I said earlier they played some nice football in the build up but just fell apart in final third of pitch, and there defending was very poor, there forum then said it was a game of the two strikers, Quigley was poor were Kabamba was lethal with his chances. Thought our midfield were excellent, Gorman, and even Woods, who never catches the eye but his work rate and passing were very good, he set up two goals, there was a mention on there forum about swapping strikers with us, after I stopped laughing I was tempted to write on there forum, "if you was interested in Kabamba you most certainty cannot afford him after today". Great result, great work from whole team, onwards and upwards.
let_it_bee

I guess 3-0 was a little flattering but footie is all about taking your chances int’it, and we did that.
No one has mentioned De Havilland so I will - I thought he put in an excellent performance today.
Roy57

Paul Fisher🎙
@pkfsport
Just waiting for a
@ChesterfieldFC
player to come out and Barnet manager Dean Brennan asked me who I was waiting for and I said a CFC player, he responded by saying 'I'll send Nicke (Kebamba) out". 🤣
ninestein

If that WAS deliberate mind games being played in the run-up to the match, it backfired for them big time!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees99

Kabamba will deservedly get most of the plaudits, but a special mention for Danny Collinge - what a calm, clever, assured presence he is at the back.

Sam Woods also gets a lot of flak, some of it justified, but he was crucial today.

Brilliant result. Definitely rode our luck but we were absolutely ruthless. I’m still rather stunned!