Danny Collinge Appreciation Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Danny Collinge Appreciation Thread

Since I started watching Barnet 10-15 years ago, I’ve not seen a better centre half than Danny Collinge. His reading of the game, decision making, one on one defending, distribution, bursts through the midfield are miles above this level. Him moving to Peterborough would be the most obvious transfer in the history of football (nothing factual in that, but just makes sense)
rudebwoyben

Re: Danny Collinge Appreciation Thread

https://youtu.be/8kvEA03oHUE

I’ve shared this before but it deserves another airing.
Like you I’ve been very impressed with him this season.
ETBee

What an intelligent, grounded young man. Clearly his career had a blip when he was injured and his return to England wasn't ideal but I can see at Barnet he will go from strength to strength.
antbfc

Hadn't seen that YouTube video before - thanks for sharing.

Not only is he a quality player but incredibly articulate. You can see there is a management career waiting for him when his playing career is over.

I agree that he will move on, he's far too good for this level. Hopefully we can get another season out of him, rare that clubs will sign a CB for a fee, but he is a rare player!
Patel89

Him and Santos are the best two I've seen since supporting the club awesome CBs that will have long FL careers
Roy57

Totally agree with comments regarding Danny Collinge, not brushing over this but did not want to start another link or link for all the players that in there own right could have there own link, but have also been so impressed with Okimo, every game I see him he seems to get better and his partnership with Danny is really clicking after the hard work they have both out in, has been many years since we have had such a good quality centre half partnership with quality in not just the air but there understanding and reading of the game, has to be up there as one of the best in this league. Keep it up, all your hard work is paying off.
john dockers shorts

Just goes to show you don't need to be a 6ft4 brute to be a good defender...Simon King was similar
tonbridgebee

What you guys also don't see is that Danny is his biggest critic, he is never happy with his game and always looking to improve. Very intelligent guy too if you ever get the chance to speak to him, it speaks volumes of the coaching he's received here and prior to his time at Barnet and another player we have that will command money in the future, been a long while since we saw at least 4-5 players that would be of fee paying interest from other clubs.
JWTBee

As Roy57 said a very honourable mention should also go to Okimo.Their partnership is immense & they compliment each other perfectly.It's absolutely no coincidence that our goals conceded has dramatically improved since they have been paired together.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
pletch99

john dockers shorts wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 14:39 Just goes to show you don't need to be a 6ft4 brute to be a good defender...Simon King was similar
Was just thinking of how much he reminded me of Simon King.
becbee

It's so good this season to actually be having threads praising our players!
gafferbee

I also thought he as great on Saturday - very composed and in control. I must have missed this about his pedigree back when we signed all those players in the summer. What happened to him after he went to Germany then? How did he end u- at Barnet??
Sporting Barnet

I would place Collinge as most improved this year. Still lots of potential there, especially his decision-making on 50/50 tackles which often sees him in the book. If I could change the players name on the tread it would go to Okimo, at times flawless all the comments about Collinge double them for Jerome and more. Older and more experienced, and it shows at this level that if you can read the game, you don't need to fly in with tackles and can pick a pass. Very underrated and ok right back to boot.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

peterstebbings

It’s also a massive endorsement of DB’s recruitment - when we signed Danny I recall a few people asking why we’d want to sign a defender from a team that was relegated and shipping goals for fun.

Very smart recruitment.

In terms of what Danny can improve, feel like his heading is a weaker part of his game?

Not to be read as criticism- he’s been excellent.
becbee

I remember the pre season podcast with DB where he said that at every match he got his staff to pick out who they thought were the three best opposition players. Which presumably is how he came to sign a defender from a team we beat 6-0.

In our last 13 league and cup matches, we've kept 8 clean sheets, with just 1 goal conceded in each of the other 5. That must be one of the best records around.