Eastleigh (Away) The Away Fans Still Matter Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
11bee717

Re: Eastleigh (Away) The Away Fans Still Matter Match Thread

2051 (106) Well done bees.
pletch99

Excellent performance, comfortable away win at a play off rival without ever really getting into top gear offensively.

I though Marvin Armstrong was superb - his pace is a real difference maker and he showed a cool head to feed RDH rather than have a go himself.

No idea how they got an attendance of 2,051, I was expecting less than a 1,000. I guess it's possible that a lot of their supporters had tickets but stayed away because of the Southampton game being on. There were nowhere near 2,000 people in the ground.
rudebwoyben

I get the feeling that a lot of Eastleigh’s attendances are inflated.
Chainsaw

Nineth clean sheet inthe last thirteen fixtures. Fabulous stuff. If this continues the Player of the Year vote will be the tightest in living memory.
#Beebot

rudebwoyben wrote:I get the feeling that a lot of Eastleigh’s attendances are inflated.
Unless the camera side of the ground was full that was nowhere near 2k. 1500 max
Lord Bee

I like the way we fight for everything and seem to be so good at disrupting the opposition and breaking up their play. Then we’re absolutely ruthless in front of goal and the players seem really fit and together. Best Barnet team since the last Championship winning team. Long may it continue and credit to Dean Brennan and his coaching team and to TK for letting it all happen. Oh and the BFCSA for getting the bogof deal as it got us back watching after several years of general fedupness. Happy Days.
becbee

Watched via the stream, second half it kept freezing for a few seconds and sometimes we were left wondering which team might actually be about to receive a pass, etc. Still, it was certainly better than nothing.

We seemed to be so much in control, even when Eastleigh had decent chances they didn't test Walker.

I think it's good to be finishing matches not worried about dropping the points but just hoping the players got their clean sheet bonuses!
Roy57

rudebwoyben wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 21:28
#Beebot wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 21:27 We are in total control here. Eastleigh look like a bottom 4 side
Quite a statement considering they have only lost home two matches until tonight.
How they have managed to only loose two home games playing like that, agree with Beebot tonight they did look like a team struggling at the wrong end of the table, must of been one of there of nights. But another three points. If I remember rightly didn't DB say at start of season that the players were on pretty low wages but it would be made up with win bonuses and clean sheets, if I was correct in this the squad would of been on a good wage for the past two to three months, good luck to them they deserve it.
letchbee94

Excellent win tonight. Fairly even first half but getting the goal just before ht was key.
Was in control second half and I felt like we was never going to concede.
let_it_bee

rudebwoyben wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 22:49 I get the feeling that a lot of Eastleigh’s attendances are inflated.
Really can’t understand why they would do that. Surely they then become liable for more tax/VAT than they’ve actually collected.
pgbee

let_it_bee wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 07:58
rudebwoyben wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 22:49 I get the feeling that a lot of Eastleigh’s attendances are inflated.
Really can’t understand why they would do that. Surely they then become liable for more tax/VAT than they’ve actually collected.
Season ticket holders not attending?
ETBee

The downside to last night's game was the loss of Revan and RDH. By the end Gorman looked a bit bashed about too. I can't see either of them being available for Scunthorpe and maybe Halifax. But where are the rest of the squad: Thomas, Flanagan, Diarra, Shields, Smith, Phillips, Loza and Granville? I know some are out on loan but I would have expected to see Flanagan, Thomas and of course Shields getting a few minutes on the pitch. As for Moyo I honestly can't see that he contributes anything. He is certainly not a striker. We're going to need every player we've got over the next few weeks but I'm sure DB knows!
Tuesds

Last update from Brennan on Thomas was that he was still recovering from injury, I think.

As for Flanagan and Shields not getting minutes, we can only have 5 on the bench and need to cover all positions as far as possible. In Woods and Hall we had cover for midfield/attacking midfielder-winger respectively, and based on their recent showings I think people would rightly have questioned a decision to leave either of them out of the squad altogether.

Players who’ve been on the fringes will get chances now as the fixture pile-up takes its toll. Fingers crossed they take them.
#Beebot

Moyo held the ball up OK during his time on the pitch. I don't think he's been brought in to offer the same as what Kabamba does.
BeeArmy22

Why with every striker we buy people are so quick to say they shouldn’t be a striker. Give Moyo time, he’s shown glimpses in limited minutes that he’s got the ability to contribute a lot.