When do the team train?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
john dockers shorts

When do the team train?

My lad has an inset day Friday so thought he'd like to watch the team train. Do you know what time they train?
bfc_mo

Re: When do the team train?

john dockers shorts wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 22:29 My lad has an inset day Friday so thought he'd like to watch the team train. Do you know what time they train?
Between 12-3 i think
john dockers shorts

Thanks for your reply.

I did email the club but not had a response.

Anyone able to confirm for sure when they train

Thanks
John Hunt

Is it worth tweeting some of the squad?

Would they be likely to staying overnight for a journey of that length?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Patel89

Hi John

Club are travelling friday I believe so I would contact Dan Martin at the club and check before going on friday as they will probably have short AM session or train in afternoon closer to Torquay
john dockers shorts

Got a response no training tomorrow but DB says Monday would be fine
ETBee

I've watched them train many times in the past. Mostly previous teams though. They normally seem to start at about 10.00 and finish around 12.00 to have lunch. I've never hung around to see if they train in the afternoon but after the morning session all the on field kit is cleared away. Some players must do gym work in the afternoon and maybe some individual coaching. Pre-season they train longer, and harder, as it's all about getting fit. With so many games at the moment it's probably about just enough training to maintain fitness, dealing with injuries and practising on field tactics. That's my impression but if we ever have a fans open evening(!) it would be interesting to cover this topic.

PS. If you ever take any youngsters to training sessions be warned that the language can be very ripe. Martin Allen's language was appalling!
becbee

As regards language, we sat behind the dug out at Solihull, Dean Brennan's language was quite a revelation. Never expected quite so much use of the F word from him as we heard that afternoon. Whether he's the same at training I've no idea.
barnetpete

becbee wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 16:26 As regards language, we sat behind the dug out at Solihull, Dean Brennan's language was quite a revelation. Never expected quite so much use of the F word from him as we heard that afternoon. Whether he's the same at training I've no idea.
You know he’s Irish right?!!! The F word is a term of endearment and kids learn it before days of the week and the colours!!!! :D :D
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
letchbee94

becbee wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 16:26 As regards language, we sat behind the dug out at Solihull, Dean Brennan's language was quite a revelation. Never expected quite so much use of the F word from him as we heard that afternoon. Whether he's the same at training I've no idea.
Seriously? Lol.
Manager of a football team on match day does not surprise me. Passion in it.
bfc_mo

ETBee wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 16:02 I've watched them train many times in the past. Mostly previous teams though. They normally seem to start at about 10.00 and finish around 12.00 to have lunch. I've never hung around to see if they train in the afternoon but after the morning session all the on field kit is cleared away. Some players must do gym work in the afternoon and maybe some individual coaching. Pre-season they train longer, and harder, as it's all about getting fit. With so many games at the moment it's probably about just enough training to maintain fitness, dealing with injuries and practising on field tactics. That's my impression but if we ever have a fans open evening(!) it would be interesting to cover this topic.

PS. If you ever take any youngsters to training sessions be warned that the language can be very ripe. Martin Allen's language was appalling!
They have breakfast at around 10 (I’ve seen them lol) and they train from around 12