Altrincham (Hive) The Bruised and Battered Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Altrincham (Hive) The Bruised and Battered Match Thread

Shrove....... Tuesday sees the bees returning to Hive comforts as we take on Altrincham in the Bananarama National League. After a couple of disappointing results on the road this gives the bees the opportunity to get back to winning ways against tough opposition.

The loss against Torquay on a rubbish pitch with a dreadful ref was the natural conclusion to what has been a brutal run for the bees and for us to still be nestled snugly in the playoffs and fighting speaks volumes for the team spirit. There are the usual suspects who treat a defeat like the end of the world but I prefer to take a more mature approach to defeat given we are at least 10 places better off than even the most optimistic bees fan could have hoped for at this stage.

Our return to Hive comforts co-incides with Shrove Tuesday and it is to be hoped that the crepe performance at Torquay was a one off and that we will not look like lemons tomorrow. Having our own pancake shop is definitely a unique feature of the hive and you can't get batter everywhere you go, so that is something to fold in to the hive experience. I just hope our performance is flipping great and does not fall flat.

In terms of team lineup it looks like we have locked in for three at the back for the foreseeable with our signings so hopefully we will be able to field a decent team while resting a few of our weary legs.

-----------------------------------Walker-----------------------------------

----------------Okimo-------------Diarra--------------Potter-------------

---Senior--------Woods-----Pritchard-----De-Havilland------Beard----

----------------------Smith--------------Kabamba--------------------------

Subs: Gorman, Armstrong, Immune, Moyo, Hall

I am doing this one. Hoping for us to suzette back to winning ways.

COYBS
DSM

Re: Altrincham (Hive) The Bruised and Battered Match Thread

For me Armstrong has to start, not played much recently so should be fresh. Would be tempted to put smith on the bench given he’s not had much football recently.

Some people mentioned Beard limped off at half time so hopefully he’s fit and I sound like a broken record but Collinge is key. Collinge and Okimo have an understanding no other centreback pairing have had a chance to build up so if he’s fit my confidence levels in getting a win tomorrow increase a lot.
ETBee

Is it time to pause the Smith/Kabamba pairing up front? I'd like to return to just NK starting with Smith coming on as a sub later. It might mean an end to the random hoofball we've adopted.
pletch99

ETBee wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 17:57 Is it time to pause the Smith/Kabamba pairing up front?
No. They need to learn to play together and that means playing. I agree it does increase the temptation to just hoof the ball, but we have to learn when to do that and when to retain possession.

In terms of line up I would be very surprised to see Beard in the squad and as Pritchard might have to fill his place, I'd say you want the maximum goal threat available in attacking positions. Since Kanu is suspended I'd be keeping them both in.
Shmulib100

First half against Notts they both played and it wasn't random hoofball
11bee717

Shame our advertisement for games is so shocking, genuinely I haven’t seen any other team as bad. Wish we’d put our games out there a bit more
becbee

11bee717 wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 21:05 Shame our advertisement for games is so shocking, genuinely I haven’t seen any other team as bad. Wish we’d put our games out there a bit more
How do you know how well the other NL clubs advertise their games? I wouldn't have a clue.
11bee717

becbee wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 21:17
11bee717 wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 21:05 Shame our advertisement for games is so shocking, genuinely I haven’t seen any other team as bad. Wish we’d put our games out there a bit more
How do you know how well the other NL clubs advertise their games? I wouldn't have a clue.
Just generally through Twitter, always pushing sales and things like early bird discounts which could be good for us?
rudebwoyben

I didn’t realise that perhaps Alty’s most influential ever person in their history, John King, has died. As well as playing in the Alty team that won two Alliance Premier League titles, he was also manager of that Alty team that included Paul Showler and look set to take the Conference title in 1991 before they ran out of steam, letting us nip in for it. RIP.
blitzkrieg bee

Yes John King was a very influential player and manager. Captained every side he played for i believe and led them to success before turning to management which was also successful. RIP big fella
Roy57

Bee_Forever wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 15:54 Shrove....... Tuesday sees the bees returning to Hive comforts as we take on Altrincham in the Bananarama National League.

-----------------------------------Walker-----------------------------------

----------------Okimo-------------Diarra--------------Potter-------------

---Senior--------Woods-----Pritchard-----De-Havilland------Beard----

----------------------Smith--------------Kabamba--------------------------

Subs: Gorman, Armstrong, Immune, Moyo, Hall

I am doing this one. Hoping for us to suzette back to winning ways.

COYBS
If Beard is missing through injury and as mentioned Dean plays Pritchard in his place, that would make our midfield missing not just him but Gorman, and with Kanu suspended going to be very interesting to say the least. Cannot remember Woods, Armstrong, De-Haviland starting a game.
JWTBee

We can't have BOTH of Gorman & Pritchard out! Perhaps they could play a half each!?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Roy57

Did not want to start a new thread, but on Sky this morning it mentioned that the EFL are taking three teams getting promoted from the National league under consideration.
becbee

Roy57 wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 13:15 Did not want to start a new thread, but on Sky this morning it mentioned that the EFL are taking three teams getting promoted from the National league under consideration.
Wouldn't it be better as a separate thread? It's got nothing to do with tonight's match but it's a topic which will remain relevant once tonight's match is past discussion.
Bee_Forever

If Beard is out then yes I think we need to ask Gorman to do another 60 minutes.

--------------------------Walker---------------------------

-----Okimo-----------Diarra----------Potter--------

--Senior--Gorman--Woods--Pritchard-------

------Smith-------Kabamba-----De Havilland--

Subs: immune, Armstrong, Hall, Moyo, Flanagan

Looking forward to tonight. COYBS

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk