Aldershot (Hive) The Match Thread Wearing a Sheepskin Coat

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Aldershot (Hive) The Match Thread Wearing a Sheepskin Coat

It was just under 2,000. I didn’t get the exact number.
chesbee

rudebwoyben wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 18:57 It was just under 2,000. I didn’t get the exact number.
Think they said 1911
Lord Bee

11bee717 wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 18:56 Anyone get the att?
1991 not sure about away number 200 odd maybe
Spodothebee

The Brennan machine marches on
ETBee

First half we were so dominant so it was a surprise that at HT we were only one up, especially as their goalie was rubbish. (Shots fans have asked if they could have Walker back).

DB has resolved the Kabamba/Smith issue by pulling NK way over to the right, effectively a winger. Although Smith has scored several goals I still think he's slow and upsets the previous structure of the team. I can imagine that NK could feel frustrated at his new role.

Second half it was like we'd swapped roles. They attacked, we made mistakes and sat back. No surprise when they scored. Great goals from Kanu and Senior but it could have easily gone the other way.
beew

rudebwoyben wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 16:46 Courtney scores within a minute of coming on!
About 30 seconds I'd say
letchbee94

Yea attendance was 1991.
letchbee94

Excellent win which was needed with some quality goals as well in there. Had we taken some of our chances in first half it could have been 6 or 7 though maybe would have been harsh on them.
WhetstoneBee

Didn’t think we were great today but Aldershot were very poor and a win is a win. It was really important to stop the rot and we did.

Again I thought the tactics meant we made life hard for ourselves . I was pleased that DB changed the shape to go back to one up front but IMO that should’ve been Kabamba, not Smith. And if it was Smith, Nicke should have been rested as he is not a winger - Senior is far more effective out wide. Nicke’s mobility, pace and pressing from the front is so important to our team and I don’t think we should sacrifice that just to shoehorn him and Smith into the same team. I also think we are expecting far too much to expect RDH, Pritchard and Gorman to play pretty much every minute of this packed period when they are clearly knackered (Ryan particularly). I’d rest him on Tuesday and start Armstrong.

A good win but our performance levels have dropped significantly recently and tired legs are surely a big factor. DB talks about rotation so hopefully we will see some more of it in the next few games.

Onwards and upwards!
WillesdenBee

LoringBee wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 19:45 Didn’t think we were great today but Aldershot were very poor and a win is a win. It was really important to stop the rot and we did.

Again I thought the tactics meant we made life hard for ourselves . I was pleased that DB changed the shape to go back to one up front but IMO that should’ve been Kabamba, not Smith. And if it was Smith, Nicke should have been rested as he is not a winger - Senior is far more effective out wide. Nicke’s mobility, pace and pressing from the front is so important to our team and I don’t think we should sacrifice that just to shoehorn him and Smith into the same team. I also think we are expecting far too much to expect RDH, Pritchard and Gorman to play pretty much every minute of this packed period when they are clearly knackered (Ryan particularly). I’d rest him on Tuesday and start Armstrong.

A good win but our performance levels have dropped significantly recently and tired legs are surely a big factor. DB talks about rotation so hopefully we will see some more of it in the next few games.

Onwards and upwards!
Think I was watching a different game. Smith now has 6 in 6 and played very well. Our best 3 players were Gorman, Pritchard and RDH. We could’ve been out of sight at half time and no one could’ve argued with it. 4-1 was a pretty fair reflection on the game. Apart from the 10 minute spell they scored in, we fully dominated. Deans subs were genius. Woods for Kabamba allowed us to win the ball higher up the pitch. Senior, well that’s just how a manager would plan a sub to impact game!
#Beebot

Not really anything wrong with our tactics today. We just weren't clinical enough after the early goal, and took our foot off the gas in the second half before switching back on after their goal.

Aldershot a very poor side and likely to get dragged into a relegation battle.
Roy57

Actually agree with Loringbee, I do feel we play far better football and create more chances when we play 4-5-1, but it's so good to have Harry Smith as you cannot argue with his goal record, but feel we were more fluid when Kabamba was up front, not sure of the point in playing him feel almost midfield or out wide, when DB took Nicki off we looked so much more dangerous. Would imagine Smith would love the quality crosses Hall could put in.
With were National league camera is located the Hive looks empty and you would never know there was almost 2000 in the ground, shame camera stand cannot be built on opposite side.
BeesKnees99

Harry Smith really can’t catch a break on this forum. How many strikers slot straight into the squad and score in almost every single game they play? He’s an absolute beast. Wins every aerial battle, terrorises defences and he’s clinical with his headers.

Generally decent performance today, came out the blocks quickly and dominated from the off. The game lacked quality, still a bit too much hoofball for my liking, but we looked fairly comfortable.

Pretty sure Shots scored with their only shot on goal, which was frustrating as it came from nowhere. Momentum shifted in their favour but great response from us to retake the lead, Smith deadly in the air once again. Their GK should’ve done better with Kanu’s effort but I won’t complain. Then Senior kills it off with a gorgeous chip 20 seconds after he comes on.

Good attendance from the Bees today and a lively atmosphere, kudos once again to the Amber Battalion.

More of the same please.
wearebees

Can anyone else not get Just Can't Get Enough of the out their head? Would like that played more often when we win!
rudebwoyben

ETBee wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 19:33 First half we were so dominant so it was a surprise that at HT we were only one up, especially as their goalie was rubbish. (Shots fans have asked if they could have Walker back).

DB has resolved the Kabamba/Smith issue by pulling NK way over to the right, effectively a winger. Although Smith has scored several goals I still think he's slow and upsets the previous structure of the team. I can imagine that NK could feel frustrated at his new role.

Second half it was like we'd swapped roles. They attacked, we made mistakes and sat back. No surprise when they scored. Great goals from Kanu and Senior but it could have easily gone the other way.
How? There was never any suggestion of that happening. Aldershot didn’t have an attack.