Sarfend (Away) The Match Thread With A Fishy Tax Return

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beew

Re: Sarfend (Away) The Match Thread With A Fishy Tax Return

rudebwoyben wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 22:00
MCB wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 21:58 Particularly enjoying the exceptionally salty Southend fans reactions to being comfortably beaten by a 'crap Barnet team with no fans'.
That is how we like it!
There has been some strange comments on their forum over the last few days, one poster did a Bristol Rovers and suggested teams that bring more fans to a game than home supporters should be given a one goal advantage by the league.

Great to get back to winning ways again, in a game I thought we'd lose. Need to sign a decent back up keeper though.
PBBee

https://twitter.com/gazzaw447/status/16 ... tsp8hyaQlw

As expected Laurie wasn’t fully fit - even better job done tonight. Rest that man up!
Jdk103

Jdk103 wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 21:42In DB we trust
beew

https://mobile.twitter.com/james_harpin ... 2682859533

Here's the penalty shout. Looks nailed on.

And the Beard potential red card you can see Kanu covering the clear and obvious goal scoring chance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CJPhillips19 ... 7318599696
EastBarnetBee

Such a blatant penalty. Unbelievable decision to give a goal kick.
Roy57

Just got back to kent, great performance with all players putting in one he'll of a shift, I thought our best player was Diarra, he was imense, not just in the air but on the floor, cutting out balls into our box, blocking shots, next best I thought was Nicki, his work rate was brilliant, it was his pass to Smith whose shot was parried to Kanu who slotted home, felt even thou Southend had more possession but can only remember Walker having one shot to make, Smith got through one on one with there keeper twice but never felt confident he would score, then Kambamba got through one on one but by then he was shattered and took to long allowing good tackle by there defender, then Kanu got through one on one and even thou there keeper was good at these felt we should of put one away. Great support from all Barnet supporters who attended and made more noise throughout the match, one thing I felt was when Gorman came on fresh he would take the game by scruff of the neck, but at least three times when we had set piece and defenders came up he kicked one straight into the hands of there keeper, shocking distribution from him and must improve or needs taking off set peaces. But great 3 points. COYBs.
djhdjh

Gorman's set pieces (excluding penalties, grrr) have generally been excellent but yes let's chuck him off them for one bad game with them.

I felt we got and held the ball much better when he came on. Woods tried but was off the pace.
john dockers shorts

That was epic....brilliant in the away end
moortownbee

Proper shithousery from Smith! Winding up fans on both sides of the ground and applauding keeper and Centre half when slicing clearances into touch!!

Love it!
TorME

#Beebot wrote:Has anyone got the latest Football Manager? If Smith has anything less than 20 for heading it's criminal.
13-20

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk

Anthony

The comments on the Southend forum are absolutely deluded.
Rootshallbloke

Well done Barnet you came, you saw, you scored and we didn't. And that sums up the difference between the two teams. Just about everyone of our first choice forwards are on the treatment table currently so our line was led by a 17 year old and a midget. Not a good mix to start chucking in very high balls to the giraffes you had at the back of your defence. I reckon we could have tried all day and not got near scoring. What I would say is that you were very very lucky your defender didn't pull a red card for the assault on Sandat. He was clear through and the foul prevented a direct attempt on goal. But there you go, the ref bottled it, it happens every week in this poxy league. I don't think it helped our squad last night that Lopata, our marque central defender, chose to announce he was off shortly before kick off. Never mind, we might meet each other in the play-offs and the score at 1-1. Good luck for the rest of the season.
john dockers shorts

Great that we adapt our set up and style to the opposition. We really roughed them up and Southend were not up for the fight. Top class shithousery from Smith on their keeper at the end really getting at him.

It's nights like these that reminds you how much you love this team and club. My lad won't stop talking about this I know for months. He's still loving Bromley away!
becbee

I was about to say that the Lopata incident, where he turned up in the pre match changing room to collect his belongings, must have had an unsettling effect on their preparations.

As for saying about Southend forwards being on the treatment table, in part that's what you get when you sign Jake Hyde.

Echo the comments re Diarra, he was immense and good to see that he's at last back to full health after his Long Covid. But it was amusing to see him next to little Powell. I was waiting for Powell to soar like a salmon in an attempt to win a header!

I was very worried that Beard might have seen red. From my angle I didn't think he was the last man but that didn't mean that I didn't think the ref might have seen things differently.

Good how our fans chanted in support of Southend against Ron Martin. Also good that Harry Taylor came across to us after the final whistle.

All round, a match which I went to more in hope than expectation ended up being a brilliant occasion. And if we couldn't win both, far more valuable that we won the 6 pointer than the Oldham match.
Doyley

Did Taylor get a good reception when he did, and I assume Dazza came over too?