Barnet FC You Tube / Video Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Barnet FC You Tube / Video Thread

Roy57 wrote:I have said now for the past few years I believe in general the standard of football has gone down. Except for man city and liverpool. In general standard is not As good as say 5 or even 10 yrs ago. If you go through teams such as Arsenal. Chelsea. Newcastle. Players today individually are nowhere near as good. Newcastle strikers of old. Malcome McDonald. Alan shearer. Even Andy carol. Now they have Joelinton. £40 milliion. Not going into all teams or players but this is just a a for instance. And this then drops down to the national league. Managers go after a player who is ok at our level and are quoted silly money. If you go back to years shown in this heading. Season of 92 what good players we had at this time even under the ownership of arguably our worst ever owner ( yes he did save club from going under ) but he was not a easy man to get on with. Sacked Barry fry 7 times. Players not getting paid etc. But what a players we had over these years. Paul showler. Gary bull. Frank murphy. Harry willis. Mark carter. Kenny Lowe. and of course The tanned God Sir Nicky Evans The list goes on and on. How many of today's team would get in these teams from say 91 to 96. Not many.possibly Loach. Sweeney. Even Jack Taylor would struggle.
I believe that with all aspects of life, not only football, it's easy to look back with rose coloured glasses. Players today are fitter, more professional. I can't really comment on the Premier League as I haven't been to a Prem match in years.
letchbee94

Nice find MCB with Shrewsbury clip, what a night that was especially when Clist scored in last minute.
My mind must have been playing tricks with me all these years though because in my mind I swear the cross that Clist scored from had come in from the East terrace side, this clip has corrected me though lol.

I think I was still recovering though from getting heat stroke after the previous game against Leigh RMI, That was a very hot day standing on the North Terrace.
boots

not sure the first Hereford / Taylor classic would have been given now although it looks like it was in before the opponent knocks it out of his hands.
Edd1

letchbee94 wrote:Nice find MCB with Shrewsbury clip, what a night that was especially when Clist scored in last minute.
My mind must have been playing tricks with me all these years though because in my mind I swear the cross that Clist scored from had come in from the East terrace side, this clip has corrected me though lol.

I think I was still recovering though from getting heat stroke after the previous game against Leigh RMI, That was a very hot day standing on the North Terrace.
Chris, as it happened I thought as well! age playing tricks on me.
letchbee94

Not just me then... phew :)
Anthony

letchbee94 wrote:Not just me then... phew :)
I always remembered it happening in front of the North Terrace!
MCB

Saturday 21 Aug 1993 - Port Vale 6 - 0 Barnet

Why oh why you maybe asking would anyone be interested in the full 90 minutes of us getting tonked 6-0.

Well, for many of you this game will hold special memories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti ... e=emb_logo
Norfolk & Chance

Let's hope there are no parallels with this season.
Although to be frank, it looks like we'll be cobbling together a squad again, just for different reasons this time.
john dockers shorts

Remember going to this game. Didn't care about the result
Tuesds

Don’t think I’ve seen this little treasure trove of Barnet FC video footage posted here before. From 01:25 there’s Barry Fry signing Paul Richardson in the front seats of his car, which is parked outside Meadow Lane because he’s there selling Dave Regis and Paul Harding to Neil Warnock’s Notts County! No wonder Gerald Sinstadt’s voiceover describes Barnet as ‘sometimes resembling a Bazaar in Cairo.’

After enjoying the goals from our win over Braintree in the 90/91 FA Cup at the end of that section, if you keep watching/scroll forward to 05:37 there’s the away replay win at Chelmsford (90 vintage, not 22!) and then at 06:45 there are clips from both the home draw and away replay win vs Northampton in the next round.

https://youtu.be/1NQhf4eXMVE
Sam_BFC

Great find.

More than £1m in transfer fees in a season.

According to the internet, this equals £2,908,043.26 in 2023.

Mind you, inflation being what it has been, it was apparently only £2,315,352.21 in 2020.
MCB

That's a great watch! Year before I started watching the club. Also a year before I'd even heard of the club!
john dockers shorts

Great find went to Braintree, home games
asprinwizard

I'm very glad this thread is still going strong after a decade! There are some absolute gems here and I'm grateful to those who have taken the time to upload what they have. I wonder if anyone on here can help me with trying to find the following from early 90s MOTDs - when the Bees featured on several occasions:

1990-91 - Home v Northamption
1990-91 - Home v Portsmouth
1991-92 - Away v Enfield

Some of these were on YouTube but I can't seem to find them now. Ideally what I'm looking for is the whole programme (it's nice to see the pre and post match) but would settle just for the highlights of the game. In fact I'm looking to get hold of any MOTD from the Road to Wembley era (1988 to 1992). If anyone has any of these in any form please let me know. I can make digital copies of any VHS tapes and happy to upload for others to view (will obviously keep the original tapes safe and return them once complete).

Thanks in advance.