Notts County (Hive) The Playoff Preview Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
11bee717

Re: Notts County (Hive) The Playoff Preview Match Thread

Enough big chances to win that comfortably.
Reckless

See the attendance was a given as ashade under 3k.
Roy57

Totally agree about Kabamba, I would like to know the distance he covers in a game, the man just not stop working, running. If he is not pressurising there defenders he is back helping out in defense, he has one he'll of a engine, as good as Smith is in the air not convinced he is the right partner for Nicki, if Kabamba is injured ( God forbid ) then yeah Smith offers good alternative. But when he is playing I just feel he would benefit from a fox in the box type player like Marriott.
simmosenior

Thought Woods - amazingly - was outstanding; Potter and Okimo, too. Powell did OK too. As 11bee717 said, we had enough chances in the second half to have won comfortably. Harry Smith is clearly still troubled by his back. Nowhere near fit enough to come on, let alone start. Cropper and Kabamba out on their feet by the end having run and run.
Roy57

Sam_BFC wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 17:01
Stream was choppy during second half and the commentary disappeared until the commentator’s closing remarks at full time. I wouldn’t mind if the crowd noise was properly audible instead.
Mine did exactly the same thing, all other games were fine just ours, was not sure if it was internet out in Spain Lol, but if yours did the same.
WeAreBarnet

Notts County (Hive) The Playoff Preview Match Thread

Superb result. Everyone put a shift in and we could have got more from the game! Their centre halves are no way near as good on the ball as their play suggests, their attacking threats stops teams having a go but their whole back line relies on diving to win free kicks to get them out of trouble and holding centre forwards constantly.

Dean got it so spot on tactically. The goal before half time changes the team talk for Notts imo as their manager would have been saying to get at us and that we were only here for a point, expecting to sit deep. When we started to press high up the pitch they didn’t know what to do.

Kabamba or Woods man of the match for me.
Last edited by WeAreBarnet on 18 Mar 2023, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
BeesKnees99

One of the most Jekyll and Hyde performances I’ve ever seen. They dominated us first half but what an unbelievable showing in the second. My heart’s still recovering.

Having feared the worst, I actually think we deserved to win that - Pritchard’s chance was probably the best of the lot.

Shout out to the ref, absolutely useless even by NL standards.
North Finchley Bee

Blimey, what a game.

First half I had my hands over my eyes every time they came into our box. Their passing was fast, effective and the use of their keeper as a keeper/sweeper meant they were a third up the pitch. They looked like a league 1 team. But you know something, this Barnet side has a pair of cajones, big ones. They didn't give up, they sweated away, and nicked a cheeky goal which surprised everyone, and I think really deflated the Notts County side.

Second half, we should have scored two to three more. Deano's tactics were spot on, as the press was much much higher and negated the way they played and to be honest, they looked leaky at the back. Again, we never gave up and I thought the back line was first class today, as was the midfield and feck it, the forwards too. Do you know what. I actually enjoy watching this Barnet team.

Good job boys. Beers on Deano.
WeAreBarnet

Absolutely awful ref^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nudger70

First half we looked knackered and body language was all wrong . 2nd half we battled superbly and had the better chances. Particularly enjoyed the harassing of the centre backs who thought they were Franz Beckenbaur. With the other results a good day all round
WhetstoneBee

simmosenior wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 17:52 Thought Woods - amazingly - was outstanding; Potter and Okimo, too. Powell did OK too. As 11bee717 said, we had enough chances in the second half to have won comfortably. Harry Smith is clearly still troubled by his back. Nowhere near fit enough to come on, let alone start. Cropper and Kabamba out on their feet by the end having run and run.
Agree about Woods. He man marked Rodrigues out of the game when in midfield and then looked assured in the back line for the rest of the game. One of his best games for us.
hoppy

Reckless wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 17:34 See the attendance was a given as ashade under 3k.
2969 (1064 away).
becbee

Amazing match to watch, I was still buzzing long after the final whistle.
Our players gave everything they had and we can't ask more of them than that.
I do think Kabamba must have the patience / tolerance of a saint. The treatment he gets from the opposition every week with minimal support from officials yet he keeps going.
Mem Beespod

BeesKnees99 wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 17:59 One of the most Jekyll and Hyde performances I’ve ever seen. They dominated us first half but what an unbelievable showing in the second. My heart’s still recovering.

Having feared the worst, I actually think we deserved to win that - Pritchard’s chance was probably the best of the lot.

Shout out to the ref, absolutely useless even by NL standards.
I genuinely think that performance was by design. We went all out at County in the first game and were on our feet by 60 mins. In this game we did the reverse. We sat off, conserved our energy then went at them in the second half.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
john dockers shorts

Have to say this kind of game is perfect for Sam Wood. He was excellent today. I singled him out as he shines in games like this.

County possession based game was so boring and pretty much delivered very little. So dull even County fans were silent until they scored.