Prohibited items and dangerous behaviour

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Prohibited items and dangerous behaviour

mike_p wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 18:08 I remember a Danny Baker phone in on dangerous things taken in to grounds. They were less restrictive back in the 70s.
One was a chef who turned up to an evening game after work with a roll of carving knifes (I think that was at Underhill).
Another was a bloke with a chainsaw - he'd borrowed it and was returning it !
My wife is quite proud of the fact that she took a Guinea pig to White Hart Lane in the 1970s. Don't ask....
amberforever

My son had his backpack searched (he was on his way to ours) and was told the CD discs he had couldn’t be taken in! Discus throwing anyone?!
barnetpete

6ABCF6AA-B9A4-4D21-BE0D-CA4568ECE014.jpeg

Assume the announcement is off the back of this hooligan!!!

Loved seeing that at the time, he can only be 7 or 8 and he was loving his little pitch invasion.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
11bee717

barnetpete wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 10:39 6ABCF6AA-B9A4-4D21-BE0D-CA4568ECE014.jpeg

Assume the announcement is off the back of this hooligan!!!

Loved seeing that at the time, he can only be 7 or 8 and he was loving his little pitch invasion.
That’s one thing that’s been brilliant this season, the scenes by the pitch have been great when we scored, with younger fans just running around at the bottom when we score. Great for the future fanbase
wearebees

I'm all for the Amber Batallion, good to have some atmosphere and young fans with passion and they mostly seem like good kids/teens who want the best for Barnet FC and looking for a good time watching football and making/meeting new friends, just what this level of football should be about. I'm not going to blame them for any of the recent messages from the club, however, I do fear a few chavs are attaching themselves to it, who knows who threw the flares on Saturday but below pictures aren't great. Covering your faces and trying to be like Greenstreet is actually quite embarrassing. Unfortunately this seems to be becoming more prevalent behaviour at non-league football recently: https://fanbanter.co.uk/maidstone-and-w ... ost-match/
11bee717

wearebees wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 15:35 I'm all for the Amber Batallion, good to have some atmosphere and young fans with passion and they mostly seem like good kids/teens who want the best for Barnet FC and looking for a good time watching football and making/meeting new friends, just what this level of football should be about. I'm not going to blame them for any of the recent messages from the club, however, I do fear a few chavs are attaching themselves to it, who knows who threw the flares on Saturday but below pictures aren't great. Covering your faces and trying to be like Greenstreet is actually quite embarrassing. Unfortunately this seems to be becoming more prevalent behaviour at non-league football recently: https://fanbanter.co.uk/maidstone-and-w ... ost-match/
The core group are a decent group of guys, but a lot of arsenal fans have attached themselves onto it, and it’s them who don’t really see the consequences
becbee

Southport in NLN have had problems with some yobs who have attached themselves to the club. Apparently it has cost them £25,000 in fines, policing costs, extra stewarding this season. Money the club doesn't have so the Chairman has had to pay.

Tonight they are away at Marine, 13 miles away in Liverpool County Senior Cup. Marine have also had problems with pyros at their matches.

So a match which would probably have been lucky to get 200-300 supporters at it now has to be online ticket admission only on police orders so that they have details of everybody attending. Also no unaccompanied under 14 year olds.

I appreciate people reading this might think it's irrelevant to us - but I post it to show that how these issues can develop and the problems they can cause if / when they do. To say nothing of the bad name that the fan base can find themselves tarred with solely by generalisation.
antbfc

wearebees wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 15:35 I'm all for the Amber Batallion, good to have some atmosphere and young fans with passion and they mostly seem like good kids/teens who want the best for Barnet FC and looking for a good time watching football and making/meeting new friends, just what this level of football should be about. I'm not going to blame them for any of the recent messages from the club, however, I do fear a few chavs are attaching themselves to it, who knows who threw the flares on Saturday but below pictures aren't great. Covering your faces and trying to be like Greenstreet is actually quite embarrassing. Unfortunately this seems to be becoming more prevalent behaviour at non-league football recently: https://fanbanter.co.uk/maidstone-and-w ... ost-match/
Just young kids having fun - leave them to it, done more to improve the atmosphere than the rest of us put together!
Roy57

hoppy wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 13:40
bfc_mo wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 13:22
Reckless wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 13:19
hoppy wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 12:17 My first “pitch invasion” was on 14th November 1964 after Athenian League Barnet beat Southern League Cambridge United 2 1 in the FA Cup.
Any other Bees fans on the Underhill pitch that day?
Yes lots Hops, they are probably all in the cemetery by now though!
How old r u hoppy?
Back in 1964 I was a very young teenager. I thought I knew it all.
Some decades later I now know that I knew the square root of nothing.
With the benefit of age I now know that I should not invade the pitch, but if we win the play offs/FA Trophy all of my decades of knowledge will disappear far quicker than those stewards trying to catch me.
Good for you feller, make sure you wear your running shoes that day, give yourself a good head start over those stewards lol
hoppy

Roy57 wrote: 28 Mar 2023, 12:00
hoppy wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 13:40
bfc_mo wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 13:22
Reckless wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 13:19
hoppy wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 12:17 My first “pitch invasion” was on 14th November 1964 after Athenian League Barnet beat Southern League Cambridge United 2 1 in the FA Cup.
Any other Bees fans on the Underhill pitch that day?
Yes lots Hops, they are probably all in the cemetery by now though!
How old r u hoppy?
Back in 1964 I was a very young teenager. I thought I knew it all.
Some decades later I now know that I knew the square root of nothing.
With the benefit of age I now know that I should not invade the pitch, but if we win the play offs/FA Trophy all of my decades of knowledge will disappear far quicker than those stewards trying to catch me.
Good for you feller, make sure you wear your running shoes that day, give yourself a good head start over those stewards lol
Thanks Roy.
Annoyingly I cannot get to Gateshead on Saturday. My original plan was to have a training session on their running track. If I can reduce my 100 metre PB by around 2 minutes those stewards would have no chance!
Anyway, as Gateshead is not possible I have altered my training plan. For the past week I have been jogging to my local cafe and fast-walking back. As a result I am now in really good shape…….round 😋.