National League Deadline Day

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Re: National League Deadline Day

hoppy wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 19:38
WillesdenBee wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 16:14
DSM wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 10:04
WillesdenBee wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 09:47
DSM wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 09:07 Can clubs sign out of contract players with no club after today like Laporte?
Think you mean Lopata (Laporte plays for Barcelona and probably wont sign for a NL club) and no, no players can be registered after today I believe. He has a choice of signing for someone on a short term basis or sitting out the season and signing for an EFL club. Interesting one!

Haha well I was hoping we’d get Laporte but Lopata will do.

Surely he’ll sign a short term today then. It’s the kind of thing chesterfield are big on taking advantage of and tried with ephron and succeeded with Paul McCallum.
Lopata gone to Woking.
Not yet announced by Woking.
Southend Echo are saying he is likely to sign for Barnsley.
He's going to Barnsley and on loan to Woking for rest of the season as Barnsley can't register him.
king45bee

Assume no late signings as in other leagues- read that we have 1 loan spot left- read on twitter rhys forster has left Slough but nothing on their site- can't see who Peterborough would loan us for a goalie. Let's pray Walker wrapped up in cotton wool - great player who contributes so much on and off pitch. Guess who I voted for player of the season

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

thebeekeeper

WillesdenBee wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 19:41
hoppy wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 19:38
WillesdenBee wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 16:14
DSM wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 10:04
WillesdenBee wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 09:47

Think you mean Lopata (Laporte plays for Barcelona and probably wont sign for a NL club) and no, no players can be registered after today I believe. He has a choice of signing for someone on a short term basis or sitting out the season and signing for an EFL club. Interesting one!

Haha well I was hoping we’d get Laporte but Lopata will do.

Surely he’ll sign a short term today then. It’s the kind of thing chesterfield are big on taking advantage of and tried with ephron and succeeded with Paul McCallum.
Lopata gone to Woking.
Not yet announced by Woking.
Southend Echo are saying he is likely to sign for Barnsley.
He's going to Barnsley and on loan to Woking for rest of the season as Barnsley can't register him.
Despite this being reported as happening there's been no announcement by either club. Presumably we can assume that the deal is off? If so, that's a bonus from our point of view, because Lopata is an excellent player.
CambsBee

Surprised no one has posted about this, although it wouldn't surprise me if it has been posted on another thread! :-)

https://www.barnetfc.com/fernandez-is-a-bee

I don't know anything about him but he seems to know Kanu quite well from tthe video
wearebees

A 6 foot 5 centre back. Sounds a great signing. Hopefully doesn't mean Collinge is out for longer than thought, but if he is this fella sounds like he'll fit in nicely, very well rated by Peterborough fans.
becbee

I know that giving a good interview doesn't necessarily mean a good footballer but he comes across very well. He sounds keen, confident in his ability and happy to be with us. Let's hope he gets his Wembley trip!