Wealdstone (Away) The Match Thread on the Fence

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BGr

Re: Wealdstone (Away) The Match Thread on the Fence

ETBee wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 17:15 Looks like the Wealdstone yobs are ganging up to ambush our lads in Ruislip Manor
Those spotty little losers couldn’t beat an egg. Took a serious slap last year outside the ground when they sailed a little too close to the wind, tried it on with teenagers this time and still got embarrassed, I hope they kept the receipts for their Burberry scarves, a true shambles.
WillesdenBee

adher36 wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 00:52 Managers often get absolutely ridiculed when results don't go their team's way.

So a massive shout out and congratulations to our fantastic gaffer who quite simply is doing a phenomenal job to rebuild our club and bring the good times back. He deserves all the plaudits and credit that he gets. A truly phenomenal human being too. Long may he continue at the helm.

Bang on. Best manager we’ve had since Allen by a country mile. Tony had to get one right eventually!

Just had a look at Wealdstone's forum. It is honestly hilarious. "Barnet are a well funded club, Okimo on £1.2 a week for example","we were caught cold by Kabamba’s excellent finish from the edge of the box. That’s what £1500 a week buys you". Completely made up figures and proving 0 point. Do they really think Max Kretchmar chose to sign for them because he preferred Wealdstone to Barnet... no chance
becbee

I'd have thought Kabamba was paid more than that, he certainly could earn more than that elsewhere - but quite honestly, seeing as Wealdstone are one of only 2 part time clubs in NL, I'd have thought most /all NL clubs had players who are paid more than theirs.

Pure sour grapes but what else do we expect from them?
erichitchmo

I popped back from Ireland for this one so I was on writing duties for the afternoon.

A thoroughly enjoyable day and a great trip back. I could fly to and from Newcastle in the space of a day…
pgbee

WillesdenBee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 06:30
adher36 wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 00:52 Managers often get absolutely ridiculed when results don't go their team's way.

So a massive shout out and congratulations to our fantastic gaffer who quite simply is doing a phenomenal job to rebuild our club and bring the good times back. He deserves all the plaudits and credit that he gets. A truly phenomenal human being too. Long may he continue at the helm.

Bang on. Best manager we’ve had since Allen by a country mile. Tony had to get one right eventually!

Just had a look at Wealdstone's forum. It is honestly hilarious. "Barnet are a well funded club, Okimo on £1.2 a week for example","we were caught cold by Kabamba’s excellent finish from the edge of the box. That’s what £1500 a week buys you". Completely made up figures and proving 0 point. Do they really think Max Kretchmar chose to sign for them because he preferred Wealdstone to Barnet... no chance
Well the owner of the Rajastan Royals needs to put more money in to them. Shows how pathetic their fans are, it was their cup final which they lost and they can't go up with that 'ground' anyway. For us it was just another match...
beew

erichitchmo wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 07:51 I popped back from Ireland for this one so I was on writing duties for the afternoon.

A thoroughly enjoyable day and a great trip back. I could fly to and from Newcastle in the space of a day…
What an enjoyable read. Thanks
North Finchley Bee

Given they are in Ruislip, they could do a cheeky dual naming to Wealdstone and Ruislip, and try to build a small community stadium akin to what Borehamwood have done. It was small but perfect adequate stadium, and something similar would fit on the current footprint Wealdstone have. What they have is an abomination.
beew

wearebees wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 18:45 What was the away attendance?
Attendance: 3,012 (including 681 Barnet supporters)
jerroll

North Finchley Bee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 10:07 Given they are in Ruislip, they could do a cheeky dual naming to Wealdstone and Ruislip, and try to build a small community stadium akin to what Borehamwood have done. It was small but perfect adequate stadium, and something similar would fit on the current footprint Wealdstone have. What they have is an abomination.
You have to remember Ruislip Manor were expelled from the isthmian league in the 1990's for the ground not meeting required standards. much as i am not a lover of Wealdstone they only had a short term lease on the ground which was due to run out recently. They have exceeded any of their expectations thanks to Deano getting them up and haven't invested too much into facilities they don't own and only have a short lease on. At some point soon they will run out of luck and end up getting relegated back to a level to match their current facilities.
john dockers shorts

Controversial as it seems, I love going to this kind of ground, packed in decent atmosphere. Only once a season. I felt like I was watching football in 1988...just needed Smith to enter the playing field...Herbie!
underhillbovrilstink

erichitchmo wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 07:51 I popped back from Ireland for this one so I was on writing duties for the afternoon.

super... well summed up!
becbee

john dockers shorts wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 10:50 Controversial as it seems, I love going to this kind of ground, packed in decent atmosphere. Only once a season. I felt like I was watching football in 1988...just needed Smith to enter the playing field...Herbie!
Each to their own. Personally I prefer to watch my football without being squashed and at times struggling to see (you're doubtless taller than me so don't have that problem!). As for decent atmosphere, wasn't one of our fans racially abused yesterday and smoke bombs thrown?
john dockers shorts

becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 11:53
john dockers shorts wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 10:50 Controversial as it seems, I love going to this kind of ground, packed in decent atmosphere. Only once a season. I felt like I was watching football in 1988...just needed Smith to enter the playing field...Herbie!
Each to their own. Personally I prefer to watch my football without being squashed and at times struggling to see (you're doubtless taller than me so don't have that problem!). As for decent atmosphere, wasn't one of our fans racially abused yesterday and smoke bombs thrown?

Good for you! I sat in the seats behind the goal plenty of room.

Are you asking me to confirm if one of our fans was racially abused. Yes I saw on Twitter.

You obviously didn't watch the game as you would of seen quite clearly 2 orange smoke bombs lobbed. However I can confirm it happened.

You should go Kenilworth Road it would blow your mind!
tonbridgebee

becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 07:29 I'd have thought Kabamba was paid more than that, he certainly could earn more than that elsewhere - but quite honestly, seeing as Wealdstone are one of only 2 part time clubs in NL, I'd have thought most /all NL clubs had players who are paid more than theirs.

Pure sour grapes but what else do we expect from them?
Nicke was one of the four to take a pay cut to come here to play for Dean, the bonus scheme if we think back to the POTY awards last year than Dean mentioned about has bumped the pay up to decent levels, the players have earnt it themselves by results.

Granted most of this squad could get more elsewhere, but when you build a togetherness some aren't interested in breaking that for a few quid more, nice that.
hoofer2

Great win in ridiculously windy conditions. Made our usual passing game very different to play in first half. I was surprised how long it took the team to realise channeling play down Kanu's side was not getting anywhere as wind kept blowing ball to the touchline.

Powell had a really good game and was my MoM. His reading of where ball would land was good - stopped a number of potential attacks / got control of ball back for bees. His strength trapping the ball in 18 yard box and holding of Wealdstone defence was great.

I hope Potter did not sustain a long term injury. He is clearly enjoying his time with the bees and improves each game. I sat next to his mum, and said she must be very proud out what he has achieved so far. I asked does he want to stay next year too - who knows?

What a keeper Laurie Walker is. Love it when they took a shot that ballooned miles wide - he then dived for it 5 seconds later. Also when he skyrocketed the ball out of play / the ground when bees player went down in second half.

Impressive catering compared to the sterile hospital food that is still being served at The Hive around Legends. Thought the stewards were good too.

For those who did not go, this is the impressive view on walk to away turnstile...
Grim
Grim