Gateshead (Away) The "We Can't See You Sneaking Out" Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Gateshead (Away) The "We Can't See You Sneaking Out" Thread

moortownbee wrote:
PBBee wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 16:53 Also surprised no comment on here - where was Brennan? I’m sure he wasn’t on the sidelines? Only got booked Tuesday didn’t he (was he sent off at Maidstone?)

After an accumulation of yellows and a red he was banned today.

Interestingly all penalties went same side as Maidstone quarter final.
I was very worried about it going to penalties - not often a GK has such recent penalties to study.

Not that we need any more salt in the wounds but we’ve missed out on at least £40k (potentially £70k) in prize money too:

Semi-Final: Winners receive £15,000, losers receive £5000

Final runners-up: £30,000
Final winners: £60,000
Psycho

Re: Gateshead (Away) The "We Can't See You Sneaking Out" Thread

Apologies to the moderators and anyone offended by my very strong language yesterday. I'm just no good at hiding my emotions. 😥

Just when I get some of my Barnet mojo back, we lose in that fashion. Like BeesKnees99 said, would rather have lost 3-2 than the lottery of penalties. The promotion dream is still on and we all have to believe because on our day we can beat absolutely ANYONE!
Beeboardwarrior

I didn't travel to Gatehead, so I'm not as invested as many on here. It's a really disappointing result and I feel really sorry for the players and management team, some of whom have missed out on the biggest match of their careers, as well as the fans who made a big effort to travel up there, only to have their hopes and dreams dashed. It's not an outcome anyone wanted, but after last season I'm still amazed that our expectations have risen so high so fast. The scoreline would suggest that whatever criticism can be directed at the team, the result wasn't down to a lack of effort. After the last few years we have endured, I would take losing in a cup semi and the playoffs all day long, rather than watching a bunch if disinterested players who think they deserve to be playing at a higher level going through the motions, wondering if we will avoid a relegation scrap. We have a good management team and a good honest group of players and we are improving. I hope the players use the disappointment as fuel to give us the best end of the season possible. Win, lose or draw, they have given us our pride back this season and for that I'm grateful. COYB
markobee

On the highlights, it doesn't look as though Harry Smith got our first goal.
Fernandez?
Roy57

Just watched Gateshead Highlights, there third goal was a shocker, probably hard to imagine on a park on sunday, could and should of been 5-6 down at half time, Fernandez does sorry me a bit as can see him giving away quite a few pens, the way he lunges into tackles, thought our pen was soft to say the least, but praise for fight back, but that effort would of taken its toll and with York game so close not going to be pretty, not sure what to make of DB post match interview, but suppose he is thinking as a manager which is right, onto the next game, but probably was looking for a reaction similar to supporters and say how through first half display we through away a huge chance to reach the final.
11bee717

Will be hard to see it this way for a couple of days, but I think yesterday will turn out to be a huge day in the development in our squad, in a positive way.
northantsbee

Just looked at the highlights, we had enough chances in the second half to have won that. I'm sure DB had his reasons for starting with that line up, but it makes me wonder how long he would had left it before making changes if it hadn't have been the Injury to Harry. I'm sure for the neutral, if there were any at the game, it was a throughly entertaining match. As dissapointing the result, the players gave it their all in the second half, hopefully the disappointment will spur them on at York tomorrow. I'm not going to criticise DB, what he has done in since taking the job on full time has been greater than what most Bees fans could have hoped for at the beginning of the season. If you had told me August that we'd be in a play-off posistion and made it to the FA Trophy Semi-final with a few weeks to go before the end of the season I wouldn't have believed it. In DB we trust, COYBs.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
adher36

Last night I felt like I never wanted to watch another game of football again. Woke up this morning and had to stifle my screams of frustration with a pillow.

But we go again on Monday.

If only Notts County weren't as good as they are, we would stand a brilliant chance in the Play Offs with the character and togetherness our manager and this group of players continue to show. But character can only take you so far when a team like Notts exist.

Pritchard yesterday surely must have cemented his place as Player of the Season. His character, grit and composure along with his constant reliability are unrivaled and stand out even amongst a great of other players. You just want everything to fall his way, whether it be headers in the opposition box, balls dropping on the edge of the area to be met on the half volley, or penalties at crucial moments of matches.
Tuesds

markobee wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 09:46 On the highlights, it doesn't look as though Harry Smith got our first goal.
Fernandez?
Definitely Fernandez.
Guiseleybee

Roy57 wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 09:53 Just watched Gateshead Highlights, there third goal was a shocker, probably hard to imagine on a park on sunday, could and should of been 5-6 down at half time, Fernandez does sorry me a bit as can see him giving away quite a few pens, the way he lunges into tackles, thought our pen was soft to say the least, but praise for fight back, but that effort would of taken its toll and with York game so close not going to be pretty, not sure what to make of DB post match interview, but suppose he is thinking as a manager which is right, onto the next game, but probably was looking for a reaction similar to supporters and say how through first half display we through away a huge chance to reach the final.
Fernandez is an extra body at centre half we don’t need. He is too raw and rash and will no doubt cost us again if we gets game time. Almost gave away a penalty at Wealdstone on debut. Sure he will be good player in future but not what we need now.
Berlinbee

adher36 wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 10:14 Last night I felt like I never wanted to watch another game of football again. Woke up this morning and had to stifle my screams of frustration with a pillow.

But we go again on Monday.

If only Notts County weren't as good as they are, we would stand a brilliant chance in the Play Offs with the character and togetherness our manager and this group of players continue to show. But character can only take you so far when a team like Notts exist.

Pritchard yesterday surely must have cemented his place as Player of the Season. His character, grit and composure along with his constant reliability are unrivaled and stand out even amongst a great of other players. You just want everything to fall his way, whether it be headers in the opposition box, balls dropping on the edge of the area to be met on the half volley, or penalties at crucial moments of matches.
As good as they are on the ball, I see no reason why we can’t beat Notts County provided we play to our strengths.we’ll need Harry Smith back. They really struggled with looping balls over the top in the second half. Cropper’s throw ins are a nightmare to defend. Kanu, RDH and Gorman can be a handful. All that with some last ditch sweat, blood and tears defending and we can beat them. It isn’t going to be pretty, it’ll be Stoke on a Tuesday night football, but if we do make the play-offs and do come up against Notts, this surely has to be the game plan.
ninestein

Much like Borehamwood over the past 2 seasons, it's taken a few matches for DB to find the right way of competing with Notts. In a one-off game I'd fancy our chances against anyone.
Let's get our teeth into these last 7 games and finish as high as we can. If we don't get 3rd, make sure we finish 4th or 5th and have a memorable home tie in front of a full house.
Don't forget, notts are a good side, but they'll still have to win a semi to get to the final. Our paths might not even cross...
Last edited by ninestein on 02 Apr 2023, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

Roy57 wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 09:53 Just watched Gateshead Highlights, there third goal was a shocker, probably hard to imagine on a park on sunday, could and should of been 5-6 down at half time, Fernandez does sorry me a bit as can see him giving away quite a few pens, the way he lunges into tackles, thought our pen was soft to say the least, but praise for fight back, but that effort would of taken its toll and with York game so close not going to be pretty, not sure what to make of DB post match interview, but suppose he is thinking as a manager which is right, onto the next game, but probably was looking for a reaction similar to supporters and say how through first half display we through away a huge chance to reach the final.
Why on earth would you have wanted DB to react like that? I thought his interview was spot on. He's clearly disappointed but his job now is to pick the team up and be prepared for tomorrow's match.
BeesKnees99

Bit disappointed in DB’s post-match. I get that he doesn’t want to dwell on it, I get that we’ve got to go again very quickly, but I didn’t get the sense he was as gutted as the rest of us. Let’s not forget he must shoulder some of the blame for our “horrendous” start.

Got to make amends tomorrow evening or I fear our confidence could be shot.
becbee

Re: Gateshead (Away) The

BeesKnees99 wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 12:50 Bit disappointed in DB’s post-match. I get that he doesn’t want to dwell on it, I get that we’ve got to go again very quickly, but I didn’t get the sense he was as gutted as the rest of us. Let’s not forget he must shoulder some of the blame for our “horrendous” start.

Got to make amends tomorrow evening or I fear our confidence could be shot.
Tomorrow evening is precisely why he can't dwell upon it.