Bromley FC (Hive) The Player of the Year Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Roy57

Re: Bromley FC (Hive) The Player of the Year Match Thread

Dean felt the weather ( being sunny ) went against us, or did not help, he hopes the weather won't be the same monday, at moment he has his wish as in Maidstone it is reported to be raining most of the day.
PurleyBee

Roy57 wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 19:04 Dean felt the weather ( being sunny ) went against us, or did not help, he hopes the weather won't be the same monday, at moment he has his wish as in Maidstone it is reported to be raining most of the day.
Sun, rain, wind or snow if we can't beat an already relegated poor Maidstone team who haven't won for weeks then we do have a problem and the teams below us will really be after us in the remaining matches to come, I'll take a scrappy 1-0 which will make for a decent Easter return and almost cement our play off place
BeesKnees99

I actually felt we weren’t that bad compared to recent showings. I was fairly sure we’d lose today but with a fit Kabamba up front I think we win that. Hope he’s back imminently.

I feel for Moyo a bit. He’s clearly got some ability but he doesn’t have the sheer power of Kabamba or the aerial presence of Smith. Woods was awful and RDH has been very poor of late. Felt Kanu was our brightest spark but ran out of steam as he always does.

Glad we didn’t lose but we’ve got to get a result on Monday or it could be a very panicky end to this season.
BeesKnees99

PS - I think Fernandez in midfield was interesting, looked a threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tolbinc

Ajtheone04 wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 16:19 Anyone know what happened to the family funday?
Got there 2 hours early and there was nothing that was advertised, went to check the article on the website to make sure it was in Legends and it had been deleted
This was really poor comms from the club - we got there early for the same and no one seemed to know anything about it. If they're going to cancel it please just let us know, rather than delete the tweets and articles and say nothing about it.

Great that the team are doing so well on the pitch and aiming high.
Sam_BFC

Roy57 wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 19:04 Dean felt the weather ( being sunny ) went against us, or did not help, he hopes the weather won't be the same monday, at moment he has his wish as in Maidstone it is reported to be raining most of the day.
He did say something about Armstrong coming off after 60 minutes due not playing a while and the warm weather, but his main point was that similar weather on Monday will lead to a sticky artificial pitch at Maidstone.
HertsBee

Maidstone's last 8 results are W 0 L 7 D 1. That draw was against us in the Trophy. We couldn't win there then, so can we do it on Monday when it really counts.
Mem Beespod

Ajtheone04 wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 16:19 Anyone know what happened to the family funday?
Got there 2 hours early and there was nothing that was advertised, went to check the article on the website to make sure it was in Legends and it had been deleted
Same for me. My kids weren’t impressed. I spoke to Mr Bumble and he was unaware he was supposed to be giving out Easter eggs.

Also spoke to someone senior at the club and they said there was a big balls up but didn’t elaborate what exactly happened
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
john dockers shorts

Good point today. Nice 2 meet players all up for chatting and having photos taken. Top it off driving up the A1 with our Barnet scarf stretched across the window a car drove alongside sounding his horn and it was Dale Gorman giving it some. My son held up the photo he had taken with Dale and he was loving it. Great end to our day.
tolbinc

Mem Beespod wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 20:22
Same for me. My kids weren’t impressed. I spoke to Mr Bumble and he was unaware he was supposed to be giving out Easter eggs.

Also spoke to someone senior at the club and they said there was a big balls up but didn’t elaborate what exactly happened
And to top it all - they ran out of ketchup for the hot dogs!!
Lord Bee

Mem Beespod wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 20:22

Did he mention where Mrs Bumble was - I was looking forward to seeing her again 😉
Mikel Bee

A solid point I wasn't convinced we'd get after York. But this side has a habit of turning around poor form relatively quickly.

Moyo was often in the right place at the right time. Work on the composure, take an extra touch where needed and he can certainly start bagging them.

Kanu was my motm and ran them ragged as did Senior when he came on. Our last 10 minutes were more typical of our usual style of play. Let's hope we can start replicating that a bit more often in the run in.
11bee717

john dockers shorts wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 20:25 Good point today. Nice 2 meet players all up for chatting and having photos taken. Top it off driving up the A1 with our Barnet scarf stretched across the window a car drove alongside sounding his horn and it was Dale Gorman giving it some. My son held up the photo he had taken with Dale and he was loving it. Great end to our day.
That’s brilliant!
11bee717

Would’ve taken that before the game, hopefully senior and hall will get some minutes on Monday, but the Maidstone back line is physically huge. JBW is the prime example! COYB
DSM

Tired performance but much improved on Monday and happy with the point given other results. Key that we get 3 on Monday so we can afford to lose the Wrexham match and be relatively comfortable.

Woods was poor for the 2nd consecutive game, Kanu dangerous in the first half, shattered in the 2nd. Like Potter a lot, so much potential. Given the turnaround think there will be a few fresh faces on Monday, hopefully including smith and Gorman, possibly Beard and Fernandes.

Croppers loan was a month and was announced on 11th March so Maidstone is his last eligible game unless we extend, so hoping for positive news on that soon.