Dagenham (and play-off?) game - home and away allocations

Tuesds

Dagenham (and play-off?) game - home and away allocations

I suspect the decisions around the Dagenham game and ticketing have already been made, but I just thought I’d share something I posted in a thread on the the General forum, because I think it’s important that we do all we can not to end up turning away any Barnet fans or potential Barnet fans from any big end-of-season games, including play-off games, especially while we’re without a south stand.

I’m pretty sure there will be Barnet fans who would have attended the Wrexham game who now won’t be able to because of Wrexham fans buying tickets for the home areas, and as I say we surely want to avoid disappointing home fans and possibly turning away potential new fans intrigued by a big game in the weeks to come.

Here’s the post I’m referring to:

I don’t know if away tickets are being held back for this reason, but seeing as Dagenham have a meagre away following at the best of times for them, it would surely make sense to give them F and G blocks in Legends Stand only.

If there’s a lot riding on this game for us - eg a play-off place - we ought to make sure we do all we can to meet demand for home tickets and therefore open Stand 66 for home fans only.

It feels unlikely that we’d sell out Legends but not impossible, and it’s surely crucial that we don’t end up turning away anyone who wants to come along and support Barnet on the day while 250 Dagenham fans rattle around a 1,900 capacity stand.

We won’t know until much nearer the time whether it is likely to be a big game for us, but it would seem sensible to plan for that eventuality, just as we did for the Chesterfield match on the final day of the 17/18 season.
Tuesds

Re: Dagenham (and play-off?) game - home and away allocations

Sadly I see that tickets for Block A in Stand 66 are now available for away fans, presumably writing off that whole stand for home fans (because there’s one set of facilities, entrances etc. so segregation is not possible/difficult).

This seems crazy to me. The Daggers fans would have ample room in Legends F and G blocks - they won’t bring any more than 400 or so, probably fewer.

Yet if a play-off place is riding on this game for us, we could surely get at least 3,500 home fans in. Why restrict our home capacity to little more than 3,000 (that’s assuming we’d open up Blocks F and G and the old Family Zone in this instance)?

If I’m being naively optimistic in thinking we couldn’t even aim to get more than 3,000 in for a play-off decider, then the club’s in a worse position than I thought in respect of its active support base at The Hive. I hope that’s not the case, but if it isn’t then it’s surely short-sighted not to hold back Stand 66 for home fans.

It could at least have been held back until after tomorrow night’s games, when we’ll know or have a better idea of whether it’s likely to come down to the last day. Hopefully results will make this all academic and we’ll have sewn up a play-off spot, and perhaps even a home ‘eliminator’, before the Daggers game.