South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
North Finchley Bee

Re: South Stand

DerekRocholl wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 20:52
North Finchley Bee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 20:46 Not sure about going to China, get one made in Britain. Other clubs of a similar and bigger size seem happy to use them.

https://scoreboards.uk/products/simple-scoreboards/
Exactly , I was drawn to the same image - hence why the stuff from the club about getting it shipped from China? I’m sure there is more to it than this but why not go to this supplier and use them again to repair it. This thread has become a bit of a TK Moan fest but come on Tony..

Looking at this picture on that website I think he might have been there before

https://scoreboards.uk/wp-content/uploa ... eboard.jpg
DerekRocholl

HertsBee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 22:21 How about the SA setting up a crowd-funding page. I am sure the Supporters will all chip in to buy one. If Chesterfield can do it to buy pitch covers, i am sure we can.
This is a quite a thread. By the look of things we’ve now moved on to talking about the price of burgers 🍔
jerroll

Depressing as this thread has become, can we not park these negatives until the end of the season and just have positive vibes towards the team who have the chance of doing something massive for the future of our club.
tonbridgebee

jerroll wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 09:46 Depressing as this thread has become, can we not park these negatives until the end of the season and just have positive vibes towards the team who have the chance of doing something massive for the future of our club.
The voice of reason.
WhetstoneBee

HertsBee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 22:21 How about the SA setting up a crowd-funding page. I am sure the Supporters will all chip in to buy one. If Chesterfield can do it to buy pitch covers, i am sure we can.
We have an owner worth an estimated £131m (as of 2020). It’s not the job of supporters to fork out for basics that almost all other clubs manage to have but he can’t be bothered to pay for.
BeesKnees99

WhetstoneBee wrote:
We have an owner worth an estimated £131m (as of 2020). It’s not the job of supporters to fork out for basics that almost all other clubs manage to have but he can’t be bothered to pay for.
Spot on.
thebeekeeper

tonbridgebee wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 09:52
jerroll wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 09:46 Depressing as this thread has become, can we not park these negatives until the end of the season and just have positive vibes towards the team who have the chance of doing something massive for the future of our club.
The voice of reason.
The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Presumably the players aren't spending their days reading this forum, so it's possible to support the team and bring positivity to the stadium, while also putting off the field matters under the spotlight. If the SA are going to publish an update at this time, it's not unreasonable that supporters will analyse the contents.
thefootballtrimmings

TK reached a point where he doesn’t think promotions work. TK was hoping Barnet fans would bring a mate using BOGOF deal. BFC saw little to no impact from the BOGOFF sale last summer.

A 'mate' won't commit to a full season of Barnet games unless they're die-hard bees, even with a cheaper offering. What TK fails too see is that it's the casual turn up on the day fans who are put off with the incredibly high matchday pricing.

Many Barnet fans will never, for one reason or another, commit to a season ticket (including myself). It's all about making it more accessible for those that come to 5-10 home games a season. Cheaper pricing might see them come to a few more (along with good football obviously).
Check out my football blog (which includes a fair amount of Barnet FC!) https://www.thefootballtrimmings.com
becbee

IMO the BOGOF was never likely to be very successful as far too many fans who would have bought STs anyway just paired together to get 2 for the price of 1. Like my 2 daughters. I didn't ask for a BOGOF, I was offered one anyway which has never been used, I imagine there must be quite a few others the same.

When we started going to Underhill 23 years ago, we dipped our toes in the water by going in the Family Stand. The view there was poor but it was cheaper than the Main Stand. As the Barnet Bug bit us, we progressed to the Main Stand. I wonder if there could be any merits in considering something similar at The Hive with the less attractive areas being cheaper to tempt in the newbies / occasional fans?

Ultimately though, I'm with Jerroll that the priority is what happens on the pitch and now isn't the time for the negatives.
Lord Bee

After the last few seasons we only renewed because of the bogof and are glad we did as this has been the best season by a distance since the Championship winning year. We know a few others who also wouldn’t have renewed so I would say it has had a positive effect on the attendances but total season ticket income has probably fallen
Tuesds

becbee wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 11:54
When we started going to Underhill 23 years ago, we dipped our toes in the water by going in the Family Stand. The view there was poor but it was cheaper than the Main Stand. As the Barnet Bug bit us, we progressed to the Main Stand. I wonder if there could be any merits in considering something similar at The Hive with the less attractive areas being cheaper to tempt in the newbies / occasional fans?
Of course currently there are no more or less attractive areas for fans to choose from at any price, because we have the ‘choice’ of sitting in one stand or lumping it (other than using the handful of seats amongst players’ guests at the same price in the East Stand).

This is a massive problem, and there is an easy, tailor-made solution for the club in the form of the disused Mr Bumble’s Family Zone (or whatever it was called). Let’s re-open that up as a family area, with tickets at a cost of something like £20 for adults and £2 or £3 for kids and encourage people to give us a try.

It really is ludicrous for the Chairman to say that it’s up to fans to encourage new fans to give us a try/come back to the club, only for us to have to tell those new fans that it’s £22 for them to do so, there’s no choice about what stand to sit in and that before they ask about fan zones, entertainment etc we have to tell them that you can’t even get a cup of tea at half time unless you miss at least five minutes of the very expensive football you’ve paid for due to the queue at the single tea bar in the single home area.

The Chairman might say that if we re-opened the Bumble’s Family Zone and offered slightly cheaper tickets there the club would lose revenue because Legends regulars would go there instead to save money (in addition to increased costs of opening the tea bar/stewarding/turnstiles for that area). We know that’s not true, however, from the experience over several years when both the South Terrace and the family area were open. Most people, especially regular fans, choose to pay more for more comfortable seats, a better view, better facilities etc.

This was also the case at Underhill, where the North/North-West Terrace were perennially the cheapest spots but those of us in those areas were always hugely outnumbered by those choosing to pay more for the East Terrace and, in later years, the South Stand.

However, those lower cost options were a route into supporting the club for many new fans, especially younger fans with less disposable income. It also provides good PR for the club to be able to promote a lower cost option and create goodwill amongst existing and potential new supporters.
pgbee

How much of a saving does a ST make? For next season, Horsham's is 20% or 4-5 home games as a comparison and yes, Horsham STs are available and their admission prices for next season.
Sam_BFC

One positive item from the minutes:

22 Affiliated grassroots clubs and schools who will all receive discounts, pitches, tickets, kits. This has grown from 1 to 22 this year alone.
jerroll

pgbee wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 14:05 How much of a saving does a ST make? For next season, Horsham's is 20% or 4-5 home games as a comparison and yes, Horsham STs are available and their admission prices for next season.
Based on the pre discount Adult price of £396.00 it worked out at £17.11 per game so if you attended 18 games you would break even and over 18 you were saving money. With bogoff saving it became £8.60 per game per person.
John Hunt

We still don't know what division we will be in next season.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926