Altrincham (Hive) The Alt in Our Stars Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Altrincham (Hive) The Alt in Our Stars Match Thread

Edd1 wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 17:48 If chesterfield fans mean by the general public they are right.

Unless you follow a club at this level then odds are you know fuck all about football at this level. Most will look at the teams in this division and assume that it’s all about chesterfield, Oldham and Southend.
I quite like being "unfancied".
barnetboy1

Dear Chestertfield fans,
re-arrange the following words to describe Barnet.
Deal.
Real.
COYMightyBees!!.
AidanGRH

With the sapping heat, it was always going to punish the team that were out of possession, and Altrincham were cooked towards the end.

Can't recall a midfield so technically proficient. Gorman, Hartigan and Brunt when they combine are as good as any trio in my time watching, and in this heat, was downright cruel to the Alty midfielders. Its been mentioned a few times, but Mansfield must have some midfield if Hartigan is surplus to requirements.

Quite often the offers we do coincide with a poor performance on the pitch. Not today. If that doesn't tempt those that came for a fiver back, then we have no hope.
I want to be good, is that not enough.
b4life

rudebwoyben wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 16:51
Roy57 wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 16:31 Did anyone or does anyone know the attendance ?
Something like 1676, which would suit me as it was pretty close to my prediction league prediction.
Looked more than that, if so, then that's pretty poor. A near total dominating performance.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Chainsaw

Thought everyone played well today. All 8s and 7s out of 10. But I've thought we've played well as a team all season (and pre-season) bar Daggers away and last part of the game at Eastleigh. Isn't that what Dean wants to encourage - togetherness. Win together, lose together. Harry's penalty wasn't a bad one. The keeper guessed the right way and saved it. H is a good penalty taker and I hope he takes the next one and the one after that. He isn't suffering from a 'severe lack of confidence'. Dean wouldn't give him the Captain's armband if that was the case. He was frequently our best player last season and probably only behind Laurie in the POTY stakes.
It's unrealistic to expect him to always attain such high standards but he will improve as the season progresses. I for one wouldn't like to see such a committed and talented player sidelined.
becbee

Mikel Bee wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 10:49
CrawleyBee wrote:
thebeekeeper wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:51
becbee wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:49
CrawleyBee wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:36

Could you not do that anyway?
Not with a lid on.
Barnet have never been concerned by this in my experience, or any other club around our level. But as you say, Premier League clubs in particular seem to take the lids off. I know it's to stop people throwing full bottles, but I do find it very irritating.
I think only Bromley got weird when I tried to bring my bottle in.
Same. The bag search steward at Bromley seemed more concerned it might be vodka. It passed the sniff test so was waved through.

No issues taking plastic bottles in anywhere else in this league.
Could I quickly mention that my daughter had a bottle of water with her on today and was told by the steward to put the lid in the bin.
She pretended to comply.
john dockers shorts

Standard procedure every game. My son unscrews the lid from his bottle of drink, pops In pocket.
hoofer2

john dockers shorts wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 19:05 Standard procedure every game. My son unscrews the lid from his bottle of drink, pops In pocket.
Just bring a secret stash of lids... I brought bottle and Capri Sun lids when my kids came to football
Last edited by hoofer2 on 09 Sep 2023, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
thebeekeeper

b4life wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 18:39
Something like 1676, which would suit me as it was pretty close to my prediction league prediction.
Looked more than that, if so, then that's pretty poor. A near total dominating performance.
It sounded like something around that number when announced on the tannoy. I'm surprised because I thought the atmosphere was actually very good, and the Legends' Stand felt really quite full.

What a fantastic performance by the team - hopefully more people will come down if we continue performing in that manner.
beew

This was the best I've seen from a Barnet side for a long time. The second goal was just sublime.
Sporting Barnet

For those of you who constantly moan about the quality, timings and content of post match or pre match interviews....have a listen to Danny Collinge and please comment! For context he has just finished running 10k in 30 degrees +, scored a goal and together with the whole defensive unit did their jobs and more. My observation of the interview for what it is worth is that Danny has show an inteligence, understanding, professionalism, and eloquence the game and football in general that most fans would struggle to put together ever. Well done Danny inspirational and a leader just what we need on and off the pitch!

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

becbee

Sporting Barnet wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 20:34 For those of you who constantly moan about the quality, timings and content of post match or pre match interviews....have a listen to Danny Collinge and please comment! For context he has just finished running 10k in 30 degrees +, scored a goal and together with the whole defensive unit did their jobs and more. My observation of the interview for what it is worth is that Danny has show an inteligence, understanding, professionalism, and eloquence the game and football in general that most fans would struggle to put together ever. Well done Danny inspirational and a leader just what we need on and off the pitch!

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
Danny Collinge interview was excellent, he comes across so well and is a very impressive guy. I don't think there's any need to criticise our fans though.
Doyley

Very impressive today, everyone did well, Collinge my MOTM. Oluwo very good again. Okimo defying his years. Pleased for Nicke to get another goal
let_it_bee

b4life wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 18:39
Looked more than that, if so, then that's pretty poor.
Yeah, but there weren’t many in the away end, which obviously makes a difference.
let_it_bee

You have to pinch yourself sometimes don’t you, especially after all the dross we’ve seen in the years between DC and DB. Great performances throughout but the diamond trio of Collinge, Hartigan & Gorman were particularly impressive for me, giving us total control of the midfield (amazing how Collinge can be so prominent going forward whilst also being our best defender).
Obviously we need to be more clinical and I’m sure steps will be taken to address that. The only other slightly worrying thing for me was seeing Okimo outpaced on a couple of occasions in the first half - luckily, they weren’t clinical enough to take advantage. Not sure if it’s him losing a bit of pace (understandably) or whether their guy was just exceptionally quick.