York (Away) The York Supposed To Bee At Home Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: York (Away) The York Supposed To Bee At Home Match Thread

11bee717 wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 16:16 Hoping the floodgates open for Pritch now.
lets hope so, not expecting as many as last season , double figures would be a great return.
Beesting

moortownbee wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 10:59 DB said of Stead "he'd chase a crisp packet in the wind".

Work rate is superb.
Like a mini Liam Hatch
letchbee94

Am big fan of Stead since first saw him play for Hitchin he definitely puts work rate in and am confident he will get a goal for us soon.
letchbee94

Excellent performance last night especially after going a goal down so early. After that though we took control.
Lovely to score 4 goals and have 4 different scorers.
Again we could have had at least 2 or 3 more.
pletch99

becbee wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 16:03 Just watched the highlights. Why is it that they are so much clearer than the stream was? I now feel like I've properly seen what happened.
The stream quality was excellent for me. I think I read on here that some people had problems with the sound, where as again the sound worked perfectly for me. I don't think I'm doing anything clever - just watching in a browser on a decent spec PC connected to the internet with reasonable broadband. It does appear that people are having a mixed experience with the streams and I have no idea why.

I really liked the York commentator - passionate about his team, but very fair about us. I almost started to feel sorry for him.
Chainsaw

Good post-match interview with Neal Ardley on their Twitter account. Lists our strengths clearly and succinctly. He's unashamedly an admirer of our club. Sounds like a good gaffer to me.
Whetstone72

Really enjoyed watching the highlights and very impressed by our performance. On a separate note, I also thought York’s ground looked very impressive and certainly a step up from the old Bootham Crescent.
eastbarnetsupporter

Whetstone72 wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 10:11 Really enjoyed watching the highlights and very impressed by our performance. On a separate note, I also thought York’s ground looked very impressive and certainly a step up from the old Bootham Crescent.
I wonder if their fans feel the same way about their new ground as many of us do about The Hive (new and better views, but out of town and a bit soulless with no terrace).
jerroll

eastbarnetsupporter wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 13:24
Whetstone72 wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 10:11 Really enjoyed watching the highlights and very impressed by our performance. On a separate note, I also thought York’s ground looked very impressive and certainly a step up from the old Bootham Crescent.
I wonder if their fans feel the same way about their new ground as many of us do about The Hive (new and better views, but out of town and a bit soulless with no terrace).
its far worse than the Hive stuck in the middle of a retail park with confusing parking rules - at least THL feels like a football venue!
becbee

Agree with Jerroll.

York's new ground struck me as being a sterile box on a retail park with football almost feeling secondary by the time you've walked around the leisure complex and community hub - The Hive at least feels like a football ground , just with outdoor pitches.
York's old ground was ramshackle but at least it was within minutes walk of a beautiful city, assessible by train, not miles out of the city and difficult to park - whereas I don't suppose for visiting fans the contrast between EN5 and HA8 is all that obvious.

In fact, I'd be far more inclined to go to York v Barnet again if they were still at Bootham Crescent.
b4life

jerroll wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 13:32
its far worse than the Hive stuck in the middle of a retail park with confusing parking rules - at least THL feels like a football venue!
Amen to that! If they ever got higher than League 1 or wanted additional facilities, they'd be stuffed too as nowhere to go. Also Rugby lines painted out isn't great. Is it actually fully their ground?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Sam_BFC

Bootham Crescent was a sad loss though it was in need of a facelift to say the least.

I will be interested to see their new ground at some point although the response here is not too encouraging.

One thing they have managed to do is use the new ground as a stepping stone to some very healthy attendances.

How was the ground's atmosphere during the game (before we demoralised them at least ;))?
becbee

b4life wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 14:05

Amen to that! If they ever got higher than League 1 or wanted additional facilities, they'd be stuffed too as nowhere to go. Also Rugby lines painted out isn't great. Is it actually fully their ground?
Taken from their O.S.:

"STATE OF THE ART

Planned since 2006 and opened in 2021, the LNER Community Stadium is a state of the art, 8,500 capacity facility built to Championship standards. Owned by the City of York Council, the stadium is home to York City FC and York RLFC Knights. Incorporated into the development are hospitality facilities, a leisure centre, community library and NHS drop-in centre."

So, no, it's not fully their ground at all.
amberforever

Was Bootham Cres. Renamed the Kit Kat stadium or are the cocoa dreams playing tricks on my brain?
jerroll

amberforever wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 15:09 Was Bootham Cres. Renamed the Kit Kat stadium or are the cocoa dreams playing tricks on my brain?
Was called kitkat crescent for a short period of time