Aveley FC (Hive) The Unattentive Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tuesds

Re: Aveley FC (Hive) The Unattentive Match Thread

Our attendances are poor, and the fact that we’re averaging less than Dorking is just pathetic, Southend visit or not. One of many things we could be doing more of/doing better is engaging with young fans and making them feel part of the club. To that end, Dagenham have just relaunched their Junior Daggers package, and it is light years ahead of what we do for kids:

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-NgxhjOdjlfpevHMpXou
John Hunt

Some were able to go on Tuesday. Fair play.

Some had other commitments on Tuesday. Fair play.

It was what it was.

Some went on Saturday. Some didn't.

It was what it was.

Let's not fall out about it. It's not a point scoring exercise.

Roll on Saturday.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
becbee

The very early stages of cup competitions are notorious for being poorly attended, not just by us. See the post above re Woking's attendance on Tuesday.
Let's see how many turn up on Saturday and Tuesday before we make a big issue of this.
Tickets

becbee wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 07:59 The very early stages of cup competitions are notorious for being poorly attended, not just by us. See the post above re Woking's attendance on Tuesday.
Let's see how many turn up on Saturday and Tuesday before we make a big issue of this.
800 home 5 away currently sold
eastbarnetsupporter

Tuesds wrote: 18 Oct 2023, 23:23 Our attendances are poor, and the fact that we’re averaging less than Dorking is just pathetic, Southend visit or not. One of many things we could be doing more of/doing better is engaging with young fans and making them feel part of the club. To that end, Dagenham have just relaunched their Junior Daggers package, and it is light years ahead of what we do for kids:

This is actually really appealing and well thought out. Well done Daggers! Come on Barnet, pull your finger out.
thebeekeeper

eastbarnetsupporter wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 09:20
Tuesds wrote: 18 Oct 2023, 23:23 Our attendances are poor, and the fact that we’re averaging less than Dorking is just pathetic, Southend visit or not. One of many things we could be doing more of/doing better is engaging with young fans and making them feel part of the club. To that end, Dagenham have just relaunched their Junior Daggers package, and it is light years ahead of what we do for kids:

This is actually really appealing and well thought out. Well done Daggers! Come on Barnet, pull your finger out.
What I find odd is that we've actually done really good schemes to get young people down to games in the past, and they were during TK's tenure too, so it's not an alien concept to him. I'm thinking specifically of the membership that used to get you into the North / NW terrace for a pound*. It's so strange that we've regressed in that sense.

(That Dagenham package is very impressive, I'd like to see us do something similar).

*Correction: It was actually for free if you were a member, having just looked back on an old application form!
Last edited by thebeekeeper on 19 Oct 2023, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
John Hunt

I'd sign my three year old up straight away!

Good work Dagenham !

I am sure the BFCSA will discuss this soon and propose it to the club.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
eastbarnetsupporter

I wouldn't mind doing this myself at The Hive! - 'Additionally, all Junior Daggers will be invited on an exclusive tour of the ground, going behind the scenes, visiting the changing rooms and other facilities not normally seen by fans'.
rudebwoyben

This is very impressive and something we must emulate.
Tuesds

rudebwoyben wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 10:58

This is very impressive and something we must emulate.
Even if it was twice as expensive and included half as many benefits, it would still be a hugely positive step.
ETBee

Could somebody set up a new message board called Only Barnet Attendances please. Every thread these days on here dribbles into this subject.
thebeekeeper

ETBee wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 13:24 Could somebody set up a new message board called Only Barnet Attendances please. Every thread these days on here dribbles into this subject.
It's almost like it's a significant issue that warrants discussion isn't it...

(Though in fairness there is a dedicated topic for this I believe - perhaps it may be worth pinning it to the top or something)
Bee_Forever

ETBee wrote:Could somebody set up a new message board called Only Barnet Attendances please. Every thread these days on here dribbles into this subject.
We could also set up a message board called only negative. I can think of a few posters who could populate it.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

11bee717

The youth engagement has been a major positive over the last 18 months. A mix of schools/youth teams come on Saturday Saturdays
JWTBee

3 home games in 8 days was the problem I reckon! I was at Aveley last Saturday & will be at The Hive this Saturday & next Tuesday so I decided to give the replay a miss! So does this put me in Deano's bad books!? I hope not. And I have a 180 mile round journey!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!