Newport County (Hive) The Hot Burton Topic Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pgbee

Re: Newport County (Hive) The Hot Burton Topic Match Thread

Didn't even know Hartigan was playing until about 30 minutes in
BeesKnees99

Newport County (Hive) The Hot Burton Topic Match Thread

Welcome to BrennanBall, where defending is completely optional, where every attack must be launched wide, where playing through the middle & long distance shooting is completely banned, where build play takes 10 minutes but one long ball utterly destroys us, where subs make absolutely no sense, where conceding 3+ goals is the norm, where Brunt is considered undroppable.

And when BrennanBall goes wrong, always blame individuals rather than your crappy system that worked for a bit before everyone wised up and realised how crappy it actually is.

A lucky draw at a fatigued Newport and a 4-0 win in a Mickey Mouse cup have papered over the cracks.

The definition of insanity…
Jimbokav1971

I don't understand Gorman not playing.
I also think Hartigan is a luxury player that we can't afford. As aesthetically pleasing as his lovely sideways passes are, they don't actually do anything. He's a complete passenger off the ball and an absolute liability in transition.

Rough game for LW tonight but he's had many more good one's than bad one's.

Idris & Crops the only players really on it.

Have Gorman & Beardy tag-teamed Mrs Brennan or something?
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Jimbokav1971

pgbee wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 21:34 Didn't even know Hartigan was playing until about 30 minutes in
About time others started mentioning this.
antbfc wrote:
Roy57

WhetstoneBee wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 21:26 Oh and starting Brunt and Pritchard ahead of Gorman (who we never do well without) makes sense to only one man. Unfortunately it’s the manager.
I agree Brunt has ability but for me he is simply not the player we need, maybe a club like chesterfield , but he might have one good game then four poor ones, and fed up seeing his attempt at 50/50 tackles, has he ever won one. Harrison is not close to player he was at start of season, Pritchard I am not sure what or were he is meant to be, We are such better team when Gorman is in it, hope we find out why he wasn't starting or at least our first sub. As said defending you would laugh at in under 15 match.
Jimbokav1971

let_it_bee wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 21:23 Bizarre substitutions. Why Stevens? And taking off Cropper, one of our best players on the night. And meanwhile the one guy who would make a difference - Gorman - left on the sidelines.
The Stevens sub is just about giving him minutes because I'm guessing Oluwo is crocked.
Cropper will be managing minutes because he's fragile and not fully fit, (but he was decent tonight).
Gorman should be one of 1st names on teamsheet.
antbfc wrote:
pauln50

I really wish I hadn't persuaded so many friends and family to watch tonight. Embarrassing
b4life

Some really idiotic, over the top, comments on here. Mistakes in selection quite possibly, mistakes by players yes. However we're 3rd in the league and still in the FA Trophy. Dean's still learning management at this level. We have a better team than last season, we have to be patient and accept this may be 4 or 5 years to get back into the league but Dean is hopefully going to be the one to get us there. It's football, full of ups and downs, many more ups than downs this season.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
hoppy

Attendance 1451 (162 away).
let_it_bee

WhetstoneBee wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 21:26 Oh and starting Brunt and Pritchard ahead of Gorman (who we never do well without) makes sense to only one man. Unfortunately it’s the manager.
And ahead of Armstrong who, let’s be honest, really isn’t good enough to cut it at this level.
Beeboardwarrior

Hopefully the Burton chairman tuned in tonight…
Lord Bee

Jimbokav1971 wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 21:38
pgbee wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 21:34 Didn't even know Hartigan was playing until about 30 minutes in
About time others started mentioning this.
To be honest I didn’t notice until injury time in the 2nd half
john dockers shorts

Usual shit spouted about DB is boring. He is not responsible for comedy keeping for 3rd or a long hoof for the 4th.

I actually thought we played okay in patches

No idea what Cropper is. He had no creative output couple of crosses but just very predictable and basic

Think our attacking defencincy is obvious as much as the silly defensive mistakes

Pleased I watched on TV now
jamiefrbees

Absolute one man team. Kanu...

Reminds me of the Mark Marshall days. Just him and a shower of shit around him, and he's all the commentators talk about.

Having said that, that's unfair on Cropper, who is also solid and did himself proud.

I even feel sorry for the Eastleigh manager who tipped us to win. He's as embarrassed as any of us.

That was an absolute tactical schooling by Newport. I think Brennan might want to hold his tongue before mouthing off about 3 up 3 down, as the gulf in class tonight was enormous.