Community Involvement

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mem Beespod

Re: Community Involvement

hoppy wrote:I have only just read yesterday's Match Programme, it gives details of the various groups of children attending the game.

There were children from Grange Primary School (they were the flag bearers), St Bernadettes Primary School, West Lodge Primary School, Stanburn Primary School, Whitchurch Primary School and Nursery, St John Fisher Catholic Primary School, Belmont Bees Youth FC, Elite FC, St Joseph's Youth 88 FC as well as participants and parents from the Saturday Soccer Schools.

No wonder the main stand seemed fuller than usual
Well, they had an entertaining game of football and a Bees win as well.

A superb initiative from the Club. We need this Community engagement at EVERY home league match. These children are our future fans.
This would have been the type of performance that would get some hooked. Even if a 10th of those kids come back, that’s a decent increase.
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
wearebees

Just listened. It's so good, Dan really seems to know what he's doing. Agree this is essential listening for any Bees fan. Nice to hear he's become a fan as well!
wearebees

Is Daniel still at the club? Or is the team growing? Noticed they have tweeted that they are advertising for a new Foundation Officer. https://jobsinfootball.com/job/26986/fo ... n-manager/
alexbach

I know and once taught a different Daniel..arranged for his son to train with the first team a few years ago. All these initiatives by the club need biggiing up

Sent from my 5033XR using Tapatalk
alexbach

b4life wrote:
lm1589 wrote:I work in a school near Underhill. Sadly they have zero presence in schools Barnet schools.

- No tickets offered to schools since move as far as I 'm aware.
- Tournaments stopped about 5 years ago - were pretty badly organised when they were.
- No offers of coming in etc

Getting kids in surely a no brainer?! Get the kids, you get paying adults + you can sell extra merchandise.
Also the fanbase seems to be getting increasingly older (and bitter!)

So making an effort in and around the area (finally) a start I guess.....
Have you even listened to the podcast? Daniel Martin clearly states that he's talking to Barnet council AND looking at extending the affiliate scheme to Barnet schools. Give him a chance for goodness sake. It's the best and more forward looking programme we've ever had.
Edgware school received tickets during the time I taught there

Sent from my 5033XR using Tapatalk
DerekRocholl

wearebees wrote:Is Daniel still at the club? Or is the team growing? Noticed they have tweeted that they are advertising for a new Foundation Officer. https://jobsinfootball.com/job/26986/fo ... n-manager/
It does look as though they are recruiting a replacement for Daniel. If he has gone that would be a shame, let’s hope he is still in post and they are just strengthening the management team with another appointment.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 21 Feb 2022, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
JWTBee

DerekRocholl wrote:
wearebees wrote:Is Daniel still at the club? Or is the team growing? Noticed they have tweeted that they are advertising for a new Foundation Officer. https://jobsinfootball.com/job/26986/fo ... n-manager/
It does look as though are recruiting a replacement for Daniel. If he has gone that would be a shame, let’s hope he is still in Post and they are just strengthening the management team with another appointment.
Mem - over to you? I'm sure that you can throw some light on this?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
SudburyBee

Their has been some amazing community work ,
The walking football team attended numerous schools in the area with the Bees players , taking Q&A with the kids and football lessons , building community .
We also purchased from fundraising a number of Amazon fire tablets that were presented to the schools as so many children do not have laptops at home
b4life

JWTBee wrote:
DerekRocholl wrote:
It does look as though are recruiting a replacement for Daniel. If he has gone that would be a shame, let’s hope he is still in Post and they are just strengthening the management team with another appointment.
I don't believe they are replacing Daniel at all. I am hoping the club will provide some clarity on this but I believe it's actually good news.

BTW, Daniel Martin is a top bloke, works very hard, and exactly the person BFC need to build for the future.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
JWTBee

b4life wrote:
JWTBee wrote:
DerekRocholl wrote:
I don't believe they are replacing Daniel at all. I am hoping the club will provide some clarity on this but I believe it's actually good news.

BTW, Daniel Martin is a top bloke, works very hard, and exactly the person BFC need to build for the future.
That's great news inded! As I know that you guys rate Daniel highly.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
hoppy

So good to see the Barnet FC Foundation organising visits to local schools. Several of our first team squad have been involved and the children seem to have learnt a lot from them and been inspired.
Well done to all involved in this initiative.
beew

hoppy wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 12:53 So good to see the Barnet FC Foundation organising visits to local schools. Several of our first team squad have been involved and the children seem to have learnt a lot from them and been inspired.
Well done to all involved in this initiative.
That's good to hear. Are balloons still on the prohibited list for the school visits, since Reynolds has left?