Chesterfield (H) The Freeze a Crowd Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Re: Chesterfield (H) The Freeze a Crowd Match Thread

CambsBee wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 10:27
becbee wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 10:23
CambsBee wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 10:12 A bit of a numpty question :?:

I may not be able to make it if the game is rescheduled to a Tuesday night.

I am assuming the Tickets I purchased are valid for the rescheduled game, if I can make it, but how do I reply for a refund, if I can't make it?
Taken from the email sent to me:
"We will have more information on the rescheduled fixture and our refund policy for any fan who cannot attend the new date."
Excellent, thank you. Will keep an eye but hoping we will be able to attend
They usually give you until 5 days before the rescheduled date to claim a refund.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
hoppy

jerroll wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 09:39
Northampton Bee wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 09:16 John ,

There are 7 Tuesdays to choose from where neither team are playing

Feb 13th & 27th
March 5th , 19th & 26th
April 9th & 16th ( we are playing Oxford City at home on the 1st....im not joking,,,,, so have omitted 2nd April)

I guess they wil be wanting it as late as possible to avoid any risk of frost !!! sooner rather than later for me as im moving to ........ Chesterfield...... of all places soon !!!!
Logic says Chesterfield & Rochdale fill the 2 of the 3 feb dates inc 6th when Rochdale aren't playing especially while we are still in the trophy we need to keep on top of our fixtures. Thank goodness these are Hive games we need to fit in (everything crossed for Oldham & Heed to be on!!)
England C international v Wales on 19th March. Will the NL decide that no NL fixtures on that day?
markobee

Now rearranged for the evening of Tuesday 27th February.
Bee_Forever

So..... we have our free hit coming up (even Deano is calling it that so I have given up trying to say we should treat it like a game we should win).

At least Chesterfield have lost some of their recent good form. In the meantime we have lost half our team to injuries.

Deano will have to decide whether to stick or twist vs the champions elect and I expect him yo return to Coker at left back with the unfortunate Stead missing out. I would also select Wynter over Stevens to give our defence some legs.

-----------------------Keeley---------------------

------Wynter----Thompson---Okimo---

--Cropper---pritchard--Hartigan--Coker--

------------Brunt------------------Freeman---------

------------------------O'donkor-------------------------

Subs: Walker, Stevens, matejka, Armstrong, Stead

I am doing this one. Hoping for a free hit win.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

becbee

I can't see him dropping Stead - certainly hope not anyway.
rudebwoyben

I’d hope not either.
letchbee94

Stead has to start and it is not a free hit ffs lol
Big Bondz NGala

Think I would give Dom Vose another run in midfield.
WillesdenBee

I think the term 'free hit' is causing a bit of confusion. My take is that it does not mean we are going on the pitch with no effort to win the game, it simply means if we do lose, it's not the end of the world as there has only been 4 teams to be them all season. It is 100% a free hit given their season and our injury crisis, even more so as it's our game in hand. If we lose, we are still second, if we win then it is a bonus 3 points.

I would go for the same team as the other day, maybe bring in RHJ if he's recovered from injury/illness for some pace as that was the only thing we lacked against York. We will need some kind of pace on the counter as there is no chance we will have the amount of ball we had yesterday. Our back 3 shouldn't be changed, all 3 are playing very well lately, and even if we did want to change it, Wynter is too much of a risk given us lack of game time and performances when he has played. All in all, we are defending extremely well in recent weeks (only 4 goals conceded in 5 games of which one was a pen, one was a wicked deflection and one was the Wealdstone scenario), and I attribute that down to our ball retention being much better. We are not forcing ourselves to play long anymore as Keeley is more than competent to play short, and in turn that is leading to far less turnovers and attacks for our defence to defend against. If we can defend well again here, I see no reason why, with our attacking flair players all in form at the moment (brunt, freeman, stead especially), we cannot get a result here. Do I expect us to, I don't, but I can see it if we stick to our own game.

I expect, with 12 games to go, we are going to get in the region of 18-24 points based on our remaining fixtures. If we do, that SHOULD see us in the top 3. Any points here are a bonus in my opinion.
jerroll

Bee_Forever wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 17:14 So..... we have our free hit coming up (even Deano is calling it that so I have given up trying to say we should treat it like a game we should win).

At least Chesterfield have lost some of their recent good form. In the meantime we have lost half our team to injuries.

Deano will have to decide whether to stick or twist vs the champions elect and I expect him yo return to Coker at left back with the unfortunate Stead missing out. I would also select Wynter over Stevens to give our defence some legs.

-----------------------Keeley---------------------

------Wynter----Thompson---Okimo---

--Cropper---pritchard--Hartigan--Coker--

------------Brunt------------------Freeman---------

------------------------O'donkor-------------------------

Subs: Walker, Stevens, matejka, Armstrong, Stead

I am doing this one. Hoping for a free hit win.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
i agree an extra body needs to be in midfield for this one, maybe Stead stays in and Gatlin goes to the bench. nothing against what he has done so far but a horse for course decision.
jerroll

WillesdenBee wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 18:20 I think the term 'free hit' is causing a bit of confusion. My take is that it does not mean we are going on the pitch with no effort to win the game, it simply means if we do lose, it's not the end of the world as there has only been 4 teams to be them all season. It is 100% a free hit given their season and our injury crisis, even more so as it's our game in hand. If we lose, we are still second, if we win then it is a bonus 3 points.

I would go for the same team as the other day, maybe bring in RHJ if he's recovered from injury/illness for some pace as that was the only thing we lacked against York. We will need some kind of pace on the counter as there is no chance we will have the amount of ball we had yesterday. Our back 3 shouldn't be changed, all 3 are playing very well lately, and even if we did want to change it, Wynter is too much of a risk given us lack of game time and performances when he has played. All in all, we are defending extremely well in recent weeks (only 4 goals conceded in 5 games of which one was a pen, one was a wicked deflection and one was the Wealdstone scenario), and I attribute that down to our ball retention being much better. We are not forcing ourselves to play long anymore as Keeley is more than competent to play short, and in turn that is leading to far less turnovers and attacks for our defence to defend against. If we can defend well again here, I see no reason why, with our attacking flair players all in form at the moment (brunt, freeman, stead especially), we cannot get a result here. Do I expect us to, I don't, but I can see it if we stick to our own game.

I expect, with 12 games to go, we are going to get in the region of 18-24 points based on our remaining fixtures. If we do, that SHOULD see us in the top 3. Any points here are a bonus in my opinion.
too many people seem to want to question every word Dean says, just take some of it with a pinch of salt at times.
simmosenior

WillesdenBee wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 18:20 It is 100% a free hit given their season and our injury crisis, even more so as it's our game in hand. If we lose, we are still second, if we win then it is a bonus 3 points.
We would be third if we lose as our goal difference would then be worse than Bromley's. We are currently only ahead of them on goals scored.
ninestein

Would happily take a point in this one, but if we can keep things tight and nick a goal, who knows.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
WillesdenBee

jerroll wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 18:31
WillesdenBee wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 18:20 I think the term 'free hit' is causing a bit of confusion. My take is that it does not mean we are going on the pitch with no effort to win the game, it simply means if we do lose, it's not the end of the world as there has only been 4 teams to be them all season. It is 100% a free hit given their season and our injury crisis, even more so as it's our game in hand. If we lose, we are still second, if we win then it is a bonus 3 points.

too many people seem to want to question every word Dean says, just take some of it with a pinch of salt at times.
Yup! People think that pre and post match interviews are the be all and end all. It’s almost like we’re a professional football team and not everything that goes in at the club is said in every interview!
Shmulib100

3 points and we'll be just 17 points behind. Dare to dream??