Eastleigh FC (THTS) The Return Flight to Sunderland Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Re: Eastleigh FC (THTS) The Return Flight to Sunderland Thread

John Hunt wrote:Coker - Ageing diabetic who struggles to complete two games a week

Good man playing professional sport with this condition. It must take a lot of dedication and self control.
A modern day Gary MAbbutt. I hope his efforts inspire any younger supporters we have who are diabetic to enjoy sport.
Yes full credit to him.

My comment was a reflection of the practicalities of managing an older player with an underlying health condition sometimes it can be managed with rotation and selection as was done yesterday and sometimes as is the case with the moose they have to step down a level.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Nudger70

Watching highlights their first goal looks even worse than I remember from last night.
Beeboardwarrior

Nudger70 wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 16:54 Watching highlights their first goal looks even worse than I remember from last night.
I don't think we give Eastleigh enough credit. Quigley is a decent player at this level. He chests the ball down in his own area, takes one look and plays a pass that splits our defence, beats the offside trap and falls right at the feet of Maguire, who finished calmly. It wasn't great from our perspective, but when you play a high line without a really rapid covering defender it can happen.
Nudger70

Beeboardwarrior wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 18:12
Nudger70 wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 16:54 Watching highlights their first goal looks even worse than I remember from last night.
I don't think we give Eastleigh enough credit. Quigley is a decent player at this level. He chests the ball down in his own area, takes one look and plays a pass that splits our defence, beats the offside trap and falls right at the feet of Maguire, who finished calmly. It wasn't great from our perspective, but when you play a high line without a really rapid covering defender it can happen.
He didn’t split anything just ran into open field. We were 2 up at the time which makes it stranger
Beeboardwarrior

Nudger70 wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 18:23
He didn’t split anything just ran into open field. We were 2 up at the time which makes it stranger
Did the ball hit one of our backtracking defenders or did it go right between them? I get the argument that we overcommit defensively, but pushing lots of bodies forwards does work in our favour sometimes.
pgbee

ETBee wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 10:16 Yet again we only used one ineffective tactic - get the ball to the left wing every time and try to cross into the box. Just like at Woking. We must have tried this 25+ times and always without success. I don't think either of our goals came as a result of a cross from the left wing. So often Coker received the ball and was joined by Brunt plus AN Other and they just got bogged down in the corner. Even when a player had the ball in a central position just outside the box with a great chance to shoot they passed out to the wing. RHJ was completely ignored by the mid-field when he had bags of room. In the end we were lucky to win the game.

As for JMD, he was a disaster.

Great to see the classy players returning which is terrific as long as DB uses them effectively.
First goal came from a cross from the left headed out and Gorman smashed in,.....
11bee717

Aside form that I thought we were very very lucky that they had Quigley up top. He was awful.
pletch99

EastBarnetFan wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 10:13 Feels odd at the lack of excitement despite being second. Maybe it's the inconsistent run since November which has dampened the spirits and/or the poor home crowd and atmosphere that doesn't quite give it the feel of a team so high up. Would there be more good vibes if this was all happening at South Underhill? Potentially.
All of the above is true, but I think the main reason there isn't that much excitement is that we haven't made the most of our start to the season and Chesterfield have been realistically home and dry for promotion for about two months. Add that on to the fact that a significant proportion of the fanbase is terrified we're going to somehow mess it all up and not get a home semi final or even not make the play offs (we will!)
JWTBee

pletch99 wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 19:06
EastBarnetFan wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 10:13 Feels odd at the lack of excitement despite being second. Maybe it's the inconsistent run since November which has dampened the spirits and/or the poor home crowd and atmosphere that doesn't quite give it the feel of a team so high up. Would there be more good vibes if this was all happening at South Underhill? Potentially.
All of the above is true, but I think the main reason there isn't that much excitement is that we haven't made the most of our start to the season and Chesterfield have been realistically home and dry for promotion for about two months. Add that on to the fact that a significant proportion of the fan base is terrified we're going to somehow mess it all up and not get a home semi final or even not make the play offs (we will!)
Sadly having supported the Bees for very many years I am in that camp! But I am trying to remain positive & hoping for 3 more points on Saturday! But I'm sure that it won't be that easy! It never is!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
barnet_pls

JWTBee wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 19:49
pletch99 wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 19:06
All of the above is true, but I think the main reason there isn't that much excitement is that we haven't made the most of our start to the season and Chesterfield have been realistically home and dry for promotion for about two months. Add that on to the fact that a significant proportion of the fan base is terrified we're going to somehow mess it all up and not get a home semi final or even not make the play offs (we will!)
Sadly having supported the Bees for very many years I am in that camp! But I am trying to remain positive & hoping for 3 more points on Saturday! But I'm sure that it won't be that easy! It never is!
Same ! been a Barnet supporter too long ! you know they'll be great ups & down, it's just even after 40 years, l still don't know which to expect at any time !!!!
Sam_BFC

Halifax 3-1 up at HT vs champions elect.

Suddenly they emerge as strong playoff contenders and will have won 7 from 8 if they can see this one through.

Betting folks a half time bet now on the away side might be a good gamble.
letchbee94

Title dream still alive lol.

I guess in way Chesterfield fans might be happier to win title at home (They got Borehamwoon at home Saturday)
Sam_BFC

4-1.

Shay's pitch is horrendous.
ninestein

A bit like when we could have won the title in 2005 away to Northwich Victoria. In the end we lost 2-0 and had the chance to seal it the next Saturday at home. It felt much more right.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!