Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
11bee717

Re: Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

First goal is 3 awful errors, Coker misses first contact, man at the near post just doesn’t move and LW was completely rooted.
BeesKnees99

Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

BigBee wrote:
KneesBees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:26
John Hunt wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:23
Mem Beespod wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:21
BeesKnees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 17:18
Hence why I said it was disappointing, and not disastrous.

Semantics aside, it’s becoming increasingly apparent our failure to beat the league’s better sides will be our undoing.

It’s all well and good beating Dorking 6-0 and enjoying lofty 2nd place, but I just don’t see enough character about this team to go that one step further. We are going to need all the luck in the world in the playoffs.
Sadly I’m beginning to agree. We’ve done brilliantly despatching all the lower teams but that goes out the window in the play offs
I would be happy if we only beat two teams in the top 7. On Apr 27th or 28th and May 5th.
Sorry but that’s a tinpot mentality. Has to be said. I know these thing's
OK I’ll bite. :?: :?:

Tinpot statements from a Tinpot supporter.
Check the username. A particularly sad and obsessed individual by the name of Spodothebee has renamed himself to parody me.

It would be quite flattering if it wasn’t quite so pathetic Image
John Hunt

is Nicke's goal too late to qualify as goal of the season?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
beew

john dockers shorts wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 20:16
Berlinbee wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:53 I think we controlled lots of the game today. Some nice passing at times. Thought the subs were odd but perhaps it’s about getting minutes in the tank and match fitness up.

I think it’s safe to say that 3rd is all but secured. Hopefully we can get Kanu back and raring to go. Any body else think Freeman seems a but flat? For a player who has consistently played League One and Championship only last season, I honestly expected more. I agree with what others have said, we’ll need some luck in the playoffs. Only teams I’m nervous facing in the play-offs are Gateshead and Alty with Chris Conn Clarke. He’s absolute quality and ran rings round us a few weeks back.
Freeman looks like he's running in glue most of the time. Not fit. Shouldn't be playing imo. Like watching a slug
His hair is always immaculate though.
DerekRocholl

Itsmeerc wrote:
BeesKnees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 17:02
rudebwoyben wrote:
Yes, a draw at the 5th placed team is utterly disastrous.
Tinpot mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can be both disappointed whilst also acknowledging the result was far from disastrous.
Hence why I said it was disappointing, and not disastrous.

Semantics aside, it’s becoming increasingly apparent our failure to beat the league’s better sides will be our undoing.

It’s all well and good beating Dorking 6-0 and enjoying lofty 2nd place, but I just don’t see enough character about this team to go that one step further. We are going to need all the luck in the world in the playoffs.
Sadly I’m beginning to agree. We’ve done brilliantly despatching all the lower teams but that goes out the window in the play offs
Against the teams currently in play off positions we beat Altrincham and Aldershot at home, beat Bromley away and drew home and away with Solihull. The only one we haven’t taken points off is Gateshead.

The notion that we are unable to perform against the league’s better sides isn’t borne out by the facts.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 29 Mar 2024, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Sam_BFC

BeesKnees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 21:49
BigBee wrote:
KneesBees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:26
John Hunt wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:23

I would be happy if we only beat two teams in the top 7. On Apr 27th or 28th and May 5th.
Sorry but that’s a tinpot mentality. Has to be said. I know these thing's
OK I’ll bite. :?: :?:

Tinpot statements from a Tinpot supporter.
Check the username. A particularly sad and obsessed individual by the name of Spodothebee has renamed himself to parody me.

It would be quite flattering if it wasn’t quite so pathetic Image
Yep noticed straight away and surprised others didn’t in this and other threads.

Spodo I’m fully behind the manager and team and do find the real BeesKnees negative at times but sir don’t bother coming around here if all you’re gonna do is mess around in response to points of view you can’t handle or bother to properly engage with.
Roy57

jonbonbaby wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 21:14 Walker - 5 both goals pretty poor , although defence could of helped on the first a bit more
RHJ-6 did ok but just not firing the minute
Collinge - 6 still coming back to fitness and a bit rusty with some passes but great ball for kabamba’s goal
Thompson -7 good to have him back
Okimo -6.5 seemed slow today and too many aimless balls
Coker -5 too slow too negative
Hartigan -6.5 some good balls but didn’t control as he normally does
Gorman- 6.5 some good balls
Brunt 5 - not nearly enough effort again , got done big time for second goal after not closing down quick enough
Stead -7 plenty of running and battling seemed to be doing his job and some of the midfielders jobs
Kabamba - 7 great strike for his goal maybe could of got one more with a blocked shot

Subs
Freeman - really doesn’t look fit but not enough time to properly judge
Cropper - not enough time
GOD- didn’t do much
I agree with your marks for players, funny when I lost anything negative regarding Mr Brunt there are a couple who pounce straight away, but maybe there was no argument today, I said at half time I hope we don't sit back on our lead, but that is what we did, and having Brunt in midfield without the ball is not going to fight and win possession back, or even win any 50/50 tackles, but that's not his fault as he is not the kind of player who will win back possession and DB must know this by now. He does have good vision and can pass and thread balls through which is his big benifit, which was why I hoped we would start second half and go for the third, then make changes and sit back. It worries me how we seem more concerned in how Solihull have so many players who can hurt us, instead of the attacking threat we have, if we have this mentality in the play offs we could struggle and that would be such a shame, please Dean let the players you have put together of the leash and cause others to worry about us.
Sam_BFC

Mem, assuming this were the case what do you put it down to or what would you do to address it ?
DSM

Our home form against the current play off teams is won 2, drawn 1, lost 1 and 1 to play, our away form is much worse won 1, drawn 1, lost 3 which emphasises further the importance of finishing top 3.

Not overly fussed if we finish 2nd or 3rd slight preference is 2nd given it means in all likelihood we’ll avoid Gateshead until the final, they are the in form team at the moment and showed at the Hive how damaging they can be when they are on song

Think yesterday proved the importance of getting Kanu and Pritch back, Coker needs a rest but no idea who could replace him on Monday and Pritch’s legs in midfield will be key

As for the result, a good point, the kind of game we’d have lost recently, just need to capitalise now with a win on Monday and hopefully we get a favour from Fylde or Woking.
b4life

DSM wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 04:53 Our home form against the current play off teams is won 2, drawn 1, lost 1 and 1 to play, our away form is much worse won 1, drawn 1, lost 3 which emphasises further the importance of finishing top 3.

Not overly fussed if we finish 2nd or 3rd slight preference is 2nd given it means in all likelihood we’ll avoid Gateshead until the final, they are the in form team at the moment and showed at the Hive how damaging they can be when they are on song

Think yesterday proved the importance of getting Kanu and Pritch back, Coker needs a rest but no idea who could replace him on Monday and Pritch’s legs in midfield will be key

As for the result, a good point, the kind of game we’d have lost recently, just need to capitalise now with a win on Monday and hopefully we get a favour from Fylde or Woking.
I think you'll find that we're actually top of the form table over the last 6 matches.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
WillesdenBee

Top of the form table over the last 6 games, a very winnable game on Monday. Picking up 4 points over the Easter weekend is always a positive so need to go and achieve that on Monday.

In regard to yesterday, my thoughts are that in the first half we were worthy of the lead at the break. We conceded the sloppiest goal I’ve seen for a while. Smallest bloke on the pitch getting a head on a poor corner and scoring from a ridiculous angle. Looked odd at the time and looks even more odd on the replays. We have to do better with the marking, the desire to clear the ball and Laurie cannot be beaten from that angle from a header. We kept the ball very well without penetrating too much but 2 bits of quality (Collinge and Kabamba) got us level before a typical Gorman quality delivery allowed us to in front. We should’ve had another from RHJ as well but 2-1 was deserved.

Second half Solihull pressed us a lot better and were finding far more spaces on the wings which is credit to them. We changed to a back 4 to cover this and they didn’t really create anything other than some long shots which we comfortably dealt with. Annoyingly, having seen out most of the game, we conceded a really really sloppy goal. We lost a 50/50 in midfield, the ball was transferred out wide at which point Brunt and Coker should’ve been instantly tight to Warburton. Instead, Coker held his position and Brunt with no real intensity pressed warburton who skined him too easily. Coker should then read the phase better and press the shot but was too far off. And I also believe Laurie has to do better. It’s not right in the corner and it’s the only real place he could’ve scored. As I said, annoying, but I don’t think we played the game incorrectly at all. If they didn’t score that we’d be saying we managed the game really well. My ratings:

Walker - 5 - made some decent enough saves but nothing that extraordinary. Most were comfortable long shots. Had a role in both goals of their goals.
RHJ- 4 - Frustrating again. Negative passing and some real lack of focus in some of his play. The piece of play when he nearly scored is what he should be doing every time he gets it.
Collinge - 7 - He’s getting there. Still slightly rusty but he just oozes quality as shown by his assist.
Thompson - 5 - Love him as a player but think he had his worst game so far, despite scoring! Campbell was causing him a lot of difficulty and wasn’t as comfortable on the ball today.
Okimo - 5 - Off the pace a little and the aimless channel balls are sometimes quite frustrating.
Coker - 4 - Had a role in both their goals as well. He’s been great last few weeks but needs a rest.
Hartigan - 6 - Best player in the first half, not as great second half. Still think he’s under appreciated by our fans.
Gorman - 7 - Superb again. On and off the ball, quality. The yellow card and him beginning to tire meant he had to come off.
Brunt - 5 - Didn’t have a bad game but their second goal is just so poor from him.
Stead - 5 - Maybe a little harsh but didn’t influence the game enough for me and his recent standards. Thought he should’ve come off sooner.
Kabamba - 6 - Quality goal despite a poor first half overall and then a superb second half. His hold up play second half was very very good.

Subs:
Odonker - 4 - Really poor influence on the game.
Freeman - 5 - didn’t really touch it but was having to play deeper due to no available midfielders on the bench.
Crooper - 5 - didn’t touch it at all.

Before the game I would’ve taken a point so I’m not too worried. The ‘we don’t beat anyone good’ argument is fair but entirely irrelevant if we have a home play off game. Our record at home speaks for itself. We need to win Monday and go and get a result at Maidenhead and top 3 should be almost confirmed. Id expect 4/5 changes on Monday with the likes of Odonker, freeman, cropper, kanu and wynter (if fit) all potentially starting. A point away at 5th place is a good result, annoying the way it came though!
ETBee

Looking at the highlights, for the first goal Hartigan and Brunt were trotting up towards the corner just before the kick was taken both looking towards the dug out presumably getting instructions from DB. They were therefore offering no defence at all as this left a huge space for the cross and an easy goal.
WillesdenBee

ETBee wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 10:51 Looking at the highlights, for the first goal Hartigan and Brunt were trotting up towards the corner just before the kick was taken both looking towards the dug out presumably getting instructions from DB. They were therefore offering no defence at all as this left a huge space for the cross and an easy goal.
That’s normal for defensive set ups when the attacking team drag a player short. Was a well worked routine to be fair to them.
pgbee

"Walker - 5 both goals pretty poor , although defence could of helped on the first a bit more"

But made a great save from Campbell point blank and decent tip over from long range. Second goal should never have been allowed a shot. Brunts pirouette and salco with twist was pathetic.
jonbonbaby

Wasn’t the point blank save offside anyway - still a good ave though