Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Re: Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

BeesKnees99 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 15:35
John Hunt wrote:Maybe DB didn't call out JK in the interview but he certainly did in his half time rant that a passer by recorded for posterity.

Along with everyone else to be fair.

He sent them out very early for the second half hoping for a reaction.

He got one . We conceded a second.

But our substitutes came and made a difference and we left the historic stadium rather happy.

What a lovely ground!
Where’s the recording?!

People sharing it on what's app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
#Beebot

John Hunt wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 16:13
BeesKnees99 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 15:35
John Hunt wrote:Maybe DB didn't call out JK in the interview but he certainly did in his half time rant that a passer by recorded for posterity.

Along with everyone else to be fair.
He sent them out very early for the second half hoping for a reaction.

He got one . We conceded a second.

But our substitutes came and made a difference and we left the historic stadium rather happy.

What a lovely ground!
Where’s the recording?!

People sharing it on what's app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can hear the entire team talk at York Road if the gaffer is loud enough as both dressing rooms back on to communal areas for fans
DerekRocholl

jerroll wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 15:52
letchbee94 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 14:28 Bad error from Keeley and if that was Walker I reckon he would be dropped for next name.
Personally I would prefer Walker especially for play offs but if DB sticks with Kelley then fair enough.

Credit to Maidenhead but also credit to our players (especially the subs) for coming from behind and not giving up.
At time I could not see it and having seen it again I can't see how we got the penalty but will take as we have had blatant ones NOT given to us as well.

If my maths is right I think just 1 point needed now to secure top 3.
nope we have 79, Bromley can get 86 and Gateshead 84 but play each other so 83 at least required. Beat Bromley and that will give us 82 which would be sufficient as Bromley and Gateshead would not both be able to get that!
If we can beat Bromley does anyone really mind whether we come 2nd or 3rd as far as our potential opponents in the play off semis are concerned. Given Gateshead’s run in I can’t say any of them particularly concern me as opponents if we go into the game with our strongest line up.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 07 Apr 2024, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
letchbee94

letchbee94 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 14:28 Bad error from Keeley and if that was Walker I reckon he would be dropped for next name.
Personally I would prefer Walker especially for play offs but if DB sticks with Kelley then fair enough.

Credit to Maidenhead but also credit to our players (especially the subs) for coming from behind and not giving up.
At time I could not see it and having seen it again I can't see how we got the penalty but will take as we have had blatant ones NOT given to us as well.

nope we have 79, Bromley can get 86 and Gateshead 84 but play each other so 83 at least required. Beat Bromley and that will give us 82 which would be sufficient as Bromley and Gateshead would not both be able to get that!
Cheers John.
jerroll

DerekRocholl wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 16:41

If we can beat Bromley does anyone really mind whether we come 2nd or 3rd as far as our potential opponents in the play off semis are concerned. Given Gateshead’s run in I can’t say of them particularly concern me as opponents if we go into the game with our strongest line up.
Agree Derek, main objective is to have a home semi regardless of 2nd or 3rd . Whoever we play will be a difficult game for sure but none of those teams we could face are unbeatable!
letchbee94

Agree with you both Derek and John.

I guess some might prefer 2nd or 3rd in regards to the days they are now on (2nd is Saturday and 3rd be on the Sunday)
jerroll

If NLD is on Saturday which could still happen if Arsenal play in CL on following Tuesday then Sunday would be a much bigger crowd looking at our crowd last Monday including those fans who can't attend on Saturdays for religious reasons.
letchbee94

Yep good points.
Mikel Bee

#Beebot wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 16:27 You can hear the entire team talk at York Road if the gaffer is loud enough as both dressing rooms back on to communal areas for fans
A good 20/30 people were in earshot of it until the changing room window was closed. I'm certain I never want to be the end of the Deano Hairdryer treatment. :shock: :laugh:
Sam_BFC

And there I was thinking that the hairdryer treatment is out of fashion these days.
PBBee

Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

jerroll wrote:
BeesKnees99 wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 22:08 Not enough credit being given to Maidenhead. They were excellent. Worked so hard, moved the ball with pace and purpose and looked dangerous every time they went forward.

We couldn’t cope, and the first goal was a complete calamity. Laurie will be back next game for sure.

Thankfully our subs changed the game, especially as the part-time team began to tire. Pritchard and Kanu were absolutely superb when they came on. Cropper also made a positive impact. Huge testament to our character.

Agree that Coker & RHJ were terrible. Do either start in the playoffs? If Kanu is fit, based on today’s evidence, he has to play.

Fans were brilliant today, despite the momentary in-fighting between a couple of our supporters (I did see them hug it out in the end, so all’s well that ends well).

Win Tuesday and it’s surely in the bag. Come on Bees.
Agree re Maidenhead, they fought hard for every ball. Sometimes the opposition raises their game and on that performance they deserve another season at this level for sure. Coker looks to be running on empty and I can see Pritchard when fully fit playing that lwb role especially if Steady keeps on scoring and Gormo stays fit.
Forgot about Pritch playing there a few times & it’s actually a great idea - I’m starting to feel the 3/5 at the back is becoming too predictable & actually quite negative sometimes (depends on opponents). Playing Pritch and/or Kanu as the Wing backs turns it into an attacking team & both of them can actually track back so well.

Within 5 minutes they had 2 on Kanu which no other player gets - not ideal for him but creates space elsewhere.
Last edited by PBBee on 07 Apr 2024, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

Did they really have 2 on Kanu? Neither stopped him, he was on fire.
ETBee

becbee wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 20:19 Did they really have 2 on Kanu? Neither stopped him, he was on fire.
Really?
John Hunt

I would prefer us to be second.

Better achievement to be runners up or best of the rest over a full season.
DerekRocholl wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 16:41

If we can beat Bromley does anyone really mind whether we come 2nd or 3rd as far as our potential opponents in the play off semis are concerned. Given Gateshead’s run in I can’t say any of them particularly concern me as opponents if we go into the game with our strongest line up.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
b4life

Let's just win the next 5 games in a row and it won't matter. Excepting Oluwo, we now have pretty much a full squad to choose from. Loads of options. We're good enough to win all 5 but this is Barnet after all, so we won't make it easy, expect a roller-coaster!
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926