Bring Barnet Back - campaign thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Re: Bring Barnet Back - campaign thread

Tuesds wrote: 05 Jul 2024, 23:00 Remarkably there is now not a single EFL ground in a Conservative-held constituency. Even more remarkably, we are not only in a Tory seat but the second safest Tory seat in the country, in Harrow East.

I find all this talk of green belt and planning strange, when the land is owned by the council and we don’t seem to have them on board as landowners. Feels like the bigger issue. Unless we have that landowner agreement, any planning matters are irrelevant.
Newly promoted Bromley’s ground is in a Conservative constituency.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
DerekRocholl

hoofer2 wrote: 01 Jul 2024, 14:52 The classification of Greyfield really annoys me. Just because the land has not been landscaped with flowers, concrete paths and manicured grass ( dewilding ) or managed. Scrubland is an essential wildlife habitat and provides the green corridors required for wildlife to roam.
Surely “Greyfield” is more about parts of the “green belt” that have previously been developed and have derelict buildings and concreted areas on them, there are loads of areas like this around.
rudebwoyben

Tuesds wrote: 05 Jul 2024, 23:00 Remarkably there is now not a single EFL ground in a Conservative-held constituency. Even more remarkably, we are not only in a Tory seat but the second safest Tory seat in the country, in Harrow East.

I find all this talk of green belt and planning strange, when the land is owned by the council and we don’t seem to have them on board as landowners. Feels like the bigger issue. Unless we have that landowner agreement, any planning matters are irrelevant.
Bob Blackman’s slavishly pro-Modhi stance paid off.
Being in such a safe seat, perhaps he ought to stand in the campaign to elect the new Tory leader?
DerekRocholl

rudebwoyben wrote: 06 Jul 2024, 12:25

Bob Blackman’s slavishly pro-Modhi stance paid off.
Being in such a safe seat, perhaps he ought to stand in the campaign to elect the new Tory leader?
Given how few Tory MPs are left I'm sure Bob would be happy to be the leader of the opposition at the same time as taking on half the shadow cabinet roles, as long as he gets paid for each of them. He didn't earn the moniker "5 Jobs Bob" for nothing.