Ten games

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Kjt1630

Ten games

I decided I'd give it 10 games before making any comment hereon, in view that it would take that long to see any real gelling of the team/squad and/or progress.
Exeter was the 10th game, obviously.
Defensively we look ok. Stephens and Pearce are about as good as any centre back pairing we've had for a while IMO, apart from last seasons loanees maybe.
Fuller improves with each game and possibly our best player the last couple of home games (IMO again).
Brown is ok going forward but defensive capabilities are seriously lacking.
Midfield; Oster looks good but is our only really creative midfielder. Rest of the midfield is woefully lacking. Ollie Lee has not yet adapted to the pace and rigors of league two football and looks totally inadequate. Abdullah works hard but with little end result and is ultimately out of his depth. I love Clovis to bits but he isn't good enough for this level.
Byrne is great on his day. Yiadom is very promising. Jamal Lowe looks good too. None of them are going to set our season alight however.
Up front we have shag all. Hyde is more bothered about how he looks rather than how he plays. Nurse is past his best.
As for Ricky Holmes, Robson has to take blame for playing him in a central role against Exeter. A ridiculous decision. Holmes best position is out wide. Pretty much everyone knows that, but MR needs to be convinced it would seem.
The fancy passing game is great until we get over the half-way line, when we seem to lose all idea and ultimately lose possession.
Other than that, everything is bang on!
I do honestly believe that we will be relegated this season as things stand, because the overall standard of the squad is so woeful, with a few exceptions.
How the Chairman intends to deal with the current situation is down to him of course. He most certainly does not have relegation on the agenda so he needs to think long and hard about where we go from here. I don't know whether Robson should stay or go, only because I'm not certain a new manager / coach will help.
I will never give up on this team/club because i love it so much, but right now things are looking pretty poor. I console myself by thinking relegation to the Southern League Division 1 North (yes, I was there) was as bad as it gets, but that's not really the point.
Robson has to turn this shit around a bit sharpish or will have to accept the consequences. I sincerely hope he succeeds. COYB.