Football Manager 2014 research

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
JoshBee

Football Manager 2014 research

Hi guys,

I am the Barnet researcher for Football Manager 2014. Is there anyone on here who was a regular at youth-team games last season to fill me in on some of our starlets. Anyone who knows who is in next season's youth-team; accurate knowledge of first-team players' contracts and wages of first-team, this would also be brilliant.

This would help to make the game as accurate as possible, and any help would be much appreciated. If interested in helping me, please private message (forum) or tweet/direct message me (Twitter: @JoshIlan_BFC) me to get my email address to discuss this further.

Many thanks.
Beesting

Re: Football Manager 2014 research

As long as you do a better job than whoever has done the last few games! Underrate a lot of our players.
Jimbokav1971

It's been a while since I was in the know but it certainly used to be the case that the PA of lower reputation players was set to random no matter how the researcher rated them. I remember that Josh Wright for example was rated more highly in real life than within the game when he was with us. I have a feeling that this was changed in one of the patches, (but not 100% sure). Similarly NB and Punch were never rated as potential Premiership players.

In contrast, the likes of Tony Taggert regularly performed far better in the game than he ever did in real life, (belters against Liverpool aside).
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
JoshBee

Will try to do a good job of this: is giving Jon Nurse a '0' for every attribute fair? :)

Is there anyone who knows who will be in next season's youth-team?
lemming3k

Jimbokav1971 wrote:It's been a while since I was in the know but it certainly used to be the case that the PA of lower reputation players was set to random no matter how the researcher rated them. I remember that Josh Wright for example was rated more highly in real life than within the game when he was with us. I have a feeling that this was changed in one of the patches, (but not 100% sure). Similarly NB and Punch were never rated as potential Premiership players.

In contrast, the likes of Tony Taggert regularly performed far better in the game than he ever did in real life, (belters against Liverpool aside).
I'm pretty sure back when Taggart played for us the FM game mechanics allowed you to train lower league players into top players if they were young enough.
Now the games been expanded and the way potential works it's pretty much set what league a player will play in, and the players are aware of their own potential so you'll almost never see potential premiership players signing for lower league teams.
BeeArmyFC

Make sure that the ratings for the training and youth facilities are fair. I think FM13 had 'adequate' for training and 'poor' or something similar for youth, despite the Hive being operational. They should be good atleast.
Jimbokav1971

JoshBee wrote:Is there anyone who knows who will be in next season's youth-team?
@OscChamberlain is waiting for some info before updating the website. He would probably be the person to ask.
antbfc wrote:
lichfieldbee

Jimbokav1971 wrote:It's been a while since I was in the know but it certainly used to be the case that the PA of lower reputation players was set to random no matter how the researcher rated them. I remember that Josh Wright for example was rated more highly in real life than within the game when he was with us. I have a feeling that this was changed in one of the patches, (but not 100% sure). Similarly NB and Punch were never rated as potential Premiership players.

I had Taggart and Strevens in a World Cup 2010 winning side on 03/04, ridiculous!
Mem Beespod

I managed to get Hatch to score 30 goals a season!
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Jimbokav1971

I can remember John Doolan being absolutely unstoppable in a free role back in..... God only knows whenever it was.
antbfc wrote:
spicoli

lichfieldbee wrote:

I had Taggart and Strevens in a World Cup 2010 winning side on 03/04, ridiculous!
Taggart, Yaks, Lee Roache, and to a lesser extent Bai Mass Lette-Jallow were all instrumental in my rise to managerial stardom. Now in my 49th season as Barnet manager.

Seems like a silly thing to register for, but there you go.
lichfieldbee

spicoli wrote:
lichfieldbee wrote:

Taggart, Yaks, Lee Roache, and to a lesser extent Bai Mass Lette-Jallow were all instrumental in my rise to managerial stardom. Now in my 49th season as Barnet manager.

Seems like a silly thing to register for, but there you go.
That's heroic. All these were instrumental on my way to champions league victory with the bees. Although I think I sold Yaks to Real Madrid if I remember correctly!
Moonchild_Bee

spicoli wrote: Now in my 49th season as Barnet manager.
Did PF promise you a job for life :laugh:
spicoli

Moonchild_Bee wrote:
spicoli wrote: Now in my 49th season as Barnet manager.
Did PF promise you a job for life :laugh:
Well, the Barnet I know is all about stability. Never left the borough, TK still chairman (though he's lost it a bit, keeps expanding the stadium by 736 seats every summer).