Hakeem Odofin

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Hakeem Odofin

I used to know a certain lady who got a huge amount of pleasure from a Daily Male.
Kyle19KellyBFC

Would have been nice to see him develop at Barnet but 100k is a lot of money for a scholar, that money can go into strengthening next year so can understand why the club have taken it.

I wish him the best for the future.
b4life

In three years time will the headline be

Daily Mail : Manchester United swoop on £8m Hakeen Odofin from Wolves

or

Kidderminster Shopper : Harriers sign Hakeem Odofin from Wolves on a permanent basis
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
TorME

b4life wrote:In three years time will the headline be

Daily Mail : Manchester United swoop on £8m Hakeen Odofin from Wolves

or

Kidderminster Shopper : Harriers sign Hakeem Odofin from Wolves on a permanent basis
or Hakeem Odoffin returns to Barnet after his move to Wolves didn't work out.

You never know!
kingpinfid

Good luck to him. Circa 100k is a lot for a youth player, so they must rate him highly.
X-Bumble

TorME wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:Not acording to that Daily Mail report and others I have read this morning. They all claim it has gone through.
So, who do you believe is the most accurate? The clubs + Barnet Times or "Daily Mail and others"?

The club has always had a policy not to publish anything before it is 100%.
I disbelieve all of them with equal measure. But they all do seem to be saying the same thing. Therfore I both believe them and disbelieve them at the same time. A schroedingers cat of bullshit (or not)
becbee

Having never having heard of Schroedingers Cat, I Googled it. Having read the Wiki explanation, I'm still none the wiser. Far too esoteric for me.

I am still inclined to believe that Barnet Times is better informed as regards Barnet FC than the Daily Mail and "others". Not sure how that fits in with a dead or alive cat in a box.
X-Bumble

LOL - I spend ages reading and watching Quantum lectures. The club have never always been the best for putting out news, but I'm sure they will get around to it eventually!
Tuesds

X-Bumble wrote:LOL - I spend ages reading and watching Quantum lectures. The club have never always been the best for putting out news, but I'm sure they will get around to it eventually!
Get around to reporting something that hasn't happened yet?

Have you noticed that Wolves are also involved in this cover-up? Funny that they're so reluctant to tell their fans that they've signed a promising young player...

Maybe it really is the case that it's not actually a done deal. As the Barnet Times reminds us, the agreeing of a fee is only one part of a transfer, and that's all that's been reported this far. I'd be very disappointed if the club started commenting on transfers which weren't completed. Not fair on the player, not fair on the other club involved and not fair on fans of both clubs. Not to mention the fact that it could be severely counter-productive, as it could jeopardise the transfer itself.
dawat

When I think of all the young players we have or had who are/were reported as being a transfer target, then we must have nearly had a small fortune in transfers that just evaporated.
BeesKnees

I think once you have observed the news article then it can no longer occupy the states of believed and disbelieved. Quantum theory and most people would conclude that an opinion is formed based on the observation and the likely opinion is that the newspaper reports do not contain all the facts so we are left with Occam's Razor.

Barnet FC have not announced it, Wolves have not announced it, several news articles say a price has been agreed and the local reporter with direct links to the club says personal terms are still being negotiated.

Therefore the most likely situation is that given by the local reporter and the sale has not been concluded.
ETBee

I think Hakeem is holding out for a clause in his contract that he doesn't have to learn the Wolverhampton accent.
X-Bumble

Tuesds wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:LOL - I spend ages reading and watching Quantum lectures. The club have never always been the best for putting out news, but I'm sure they will get around to it eventually!
Get around to reporting something that hasn't happened yet?

Have you noticed that Wolves are also involved in this cover-up? Funny that they're so reluctant to tell their fans that they've signed a promising young player...

Maybe it really is the case that it's not actually a done deal. As the Barnet Times reminds us, the agreeing of a fee is only one part of a transfer, and that's all that's been reported this far. I'd be very disappointed if the club started commenting on transfers which weren't completed. Not fair on the player, not fair on the other club involved and not fair on fans of both clubs. Not to mention the fact that it could be severely counter-productive, as it could jeopardise the transfer itself.
Liven up matey - it's just a joke!
Norfolkbee

I think this is turning into another Stevens style kite flying exercise launched by the Press on a quite day.
rudebwoyben

Now confirmed on the official club site...