Graham Westley

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Graham Westley

When I read that Westley had been appointed, I misread it as "Westey". For a moment I was imagining "Hi-de-hi-de-di-de-di" coming from the dugout!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
pletch99

I'm sure TK knows this will be a controversial appointment.

However, having given Mark McGee the technical director role and charged him with finding a first team coach, he can hardly then over rule his first major decision without completely undermining the structure he has just set up. It is hardly a surprise MM has appointed someone who plays football a similar way to the way he does. To be fair MM may not have been aware of how unpopular the decision would be with fans, after all he's only just arrived at the club. As far as I am concerned MM is on TK, but GW is on MM. If it doesn't work out hopefully TK will throw both of them out.
Norfolk & Chance

I don't believe this technical director role for mm for 1 second.
He was the manager appointed by TK who then said he was employed to find a new first team coach.
He really thinks we are that stupid.
Give it a few weeks and I'm confident MM will quietly disappear from the payroll leaving GW to either further destroy our season or stabilise things and give us a chance of staying up.

I think it will be the latter but not in time for the Lincoln game. That still looks to me like another bad day at the office for the Bees. Beyond that, I think we've a chance of staying up.
pgbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Beyond that, I think we've a chance of staying up.
Norfolk and Chance ? :-)
Norfolk & Chance

:-)
If we lose Saturday and FG and Chesterfield pick up points then that could well be the case. Plenty of time left though for Westley to work his magic (?).