Brentford (Hive) The Bee All and End All Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Brentford (Hive) The Bee All and End All Match Thread

So.... Monday sees the bees return to FA cup action against...... the (fake) bees.

After Barnet rested their entire starting XI versus Braintree and replaced them with pub team lookalikes the hope is that Darren's charges will be suitably motivated and charged up to put the Braintree horror show behind them.

With a cruel suspension for Adams and an idiotic suspension for Cousins, punishing him for his annual trip off his line, we will be facing Brentford shorn of two crucial first teamers and it will be interesting to see if Darren enters the loan market to replace them given he appears to have reservations about their replacements Founguck and Matrevics.

Our cup journey so far can bee described as something of a dream as Barnet fans have clocked up nectar points following the team all over the country from the Hive to Bramall Lane. There was a real buzz in the terrace after the last game and the hope is that the worker bees coming to the Hive on Monday night will be rewarded for their efforts with more Barnet progress. The key question is who the bee keeper will be.

I would go:-

-----------------------------Matrevics------------------------

--Alexander-----Sweeney-----Reynolds-----Johnson-----

-------------------Robson--J. Taylor--Fonguck--------------

--Mason-Clark--------------------------------------Elito-------

------------------------Coulthirst---------------------------------

Subs: Azaze, Tutonda, Box, Walker, Bettamer, Akinola, Shomotun

If Akinola is unfit then I guess Lord Byron gets a place on the bench for his efforts.

Looking forward to this game and to Barnet having a good crack at beating the (fake) Bees.
#Beebot

Re: Brentford (Hive) The Bee All and End All Match Thread

Agree with the starting XI though workrate is key here so I'd go with Walker over Elito on the left.

Shomotun is cup tied.

Will probably see Sparkes in the 18 - please not Byron!
Bee_Forever

Elito is neat and tidy but more importantly will defensively screen Alexander who is frequently caught out of position.

Forgot about sparkes. Says it all really.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
rudebwoyben

You need Elito (and I wouldn’t have thought that I would ever say that a couple of months ago!) for that defensive discipline. EMC on the other flank carries more forward threat but he does tend to leave Elliot Johnson unprotected and is still learning to follow his opposing full-back when the opposition are on the attack.
amberforever

Elito never really makes his presence felt to me. Sometimes I’ve never even noticed he’s playing. He seems to be winning people round so hopefully I’m wrong.
BeesKnees99

Definitely put Bettamer on the bench at least, just for some physical presence. He looks better than Byron and managed to notch a few for Braintree, who we all know are an abysmal side.

Other than that, same team as Sheffield Utd game will probably do, as long as they reach the standards they set themselves.

Could we avoid the Charlee Adams Problem by switching formation to 4-1-4-1? Use Robson as the holding mid, whack Fonguck or even Bettamer in the midfield four and leave Shaq up front.

Will be a tough game but as always we will get our chances, we’ve just got to be clinical.
Beeznizz

When we played 3-5-2, a system we played with some reward, especially away. We had our fullbacks playing as wingbacks. Something I thought was not to their strengths. When they moved forward, more often than not, play broke down,leaving them exposed!
Hence I guess why b4ever states our fullback being out of position! Not only our fullbacks, but often Taylor & Fonguck, leaving Adams having to defend an enormous space!
Now that we play the 4-2-3-1 system, it still allows our fullbacks & wide midfielders to join the lonely striker in our attack with the assurance of Adams & Robson there to cover whatever area is vacated in our play.
We are also giving time to wide players like EMC & now that Elito ( forgetting his performance Saturday & how most of the team played that day ) is doing better than he has lately & gives the team a better balance.

For Monday in Adam’s absence, I’d like to see Bettamer start with Taylor alongside Robson.
So I’d go:
......................Matrevic..............

..Alexander ...Sweeney Reynolds ..Johnson..

.....................Robson........................
......................Taylor........................

..Elito ...............................Mason-Clark.

......................Bettamer .....................

..................Coulthirst..........................
LoudmouthBFC

Beeznizz wrote:When we played 3-5-2, a system we played with some reward, especially away. We had our fullbacks playing as wingbacks. Something I thought was not to their strengths. When they moved forward, more often than not, play broke down,leaving them exposed!
Hence I guess why b4ever states our fullback being out of position! Not only our fullbacks, but often Taylor & Fonguck, leaving Adams having to defend an enormous space!
Now that we play the 4-2-3-1 system, it still allows our fullbacks & wide midfielders to join the lonely striker in our attack with the assurance of Adams & Robson there to cover whatever area is vacated in our play.
We are also giving time to wide players like EMC & now that Elito ( forgetting his performance Saturday & how most of the team played that day ) is doing better than he has lately & gives the team a better balance.

For Monday in Adam’s absence, I’d like to see Bettamer start with Taylor alongside Robson.
So I’d go:

What kinda formation is that ?
MCB

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
Beeznizz wrote:When we played 3-5-2, a system we played with some reward, especially away. We had our fullbacks playing as wingbacks. Something I thought was not to their strengths. When they moved forward, more often than not, play broke down,leaving them exposed!

So I’d go:

It literally states its a 4-1-1-2-1-1 :Pardon:
Last edited by MCB on 24 Jan 2019, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
ninestein

It looks like one of those formations you'd try on Championshio Manager, and then abandon after one game.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Bee_Forever

4-2-3-1 works. We just need to have the players to play it. If Fonguck is not trusted then the only other option I can see in the current squad is to go 3-4-3 with Tutonda on the left and Johnson CB.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
MCB

I think Currie has shown he will play his best players and not change the system

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go for:

-----------------------------New Goalie------------------------

--Alexander-----Sweeney-----Reynolds-----Johnson-----

-------------------Robson--J. Taylor--Fonguck--------------

--Mason-Clark--------------------------------------Elito-------

------------------------Coulthirst---------------------------------
LoudmouthBFC

MCB wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:

So I’d go:

:....:
LoudmouthBFC

ninestein wrote:It looks like one of those formations you'd try on Championshio Manager, and then abandon after one game.

:laugh: :laugh: I was thinking that when I saw it.
Beeznizz

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
MCB wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:

So I’d go:

:....:
Ok,ok,ok calm down. Hahahaha..
I was so tired.
I didn’t put up an explanation of how I’d like see Taylor & Bettemer play.
The formation was a 4-2-3-1 with Taylor allowed to play further forward in the 3 & and have Bettemer support Shaq when they can!
Simple really! Lol.
Next time I’ll put arrows and stuff up to signal what I’m on about!! :D