Brentford (Hive) The Bee All and End All Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
StephenM

Re: Brentford (Hive) The Bee All and End All Match Thread

rudebwoyben wrote:
They really don't. When I use them, I'm in in 10 seconds.
Correct.

I suspect anyone taking 45 seconds to get through those turnstiles is the type of person who struggles at the supermarket self scan.
Mickbee

StephenM wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Correct.

I suspect anyone taking 45 seconds to get through those turnstiles is the type of person who struggles at the supermarket self scan.
Spot on, never had a problem takes 5 seconds to get through. Turn up at 7.40 and you were asking for problems especially with a sell out. You were warned. User error.
beew

Mickbee wrote:
StephenM wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Correct.

Spot on, never had a problem takes 5 seconds to get through. Turn up at 7.40 and you were asking for problems especially with a sell out. You were warned. User error.
It's only easy when you use it regularly and are aware what exactly has to be scanned. Some people panic when presented with a task unknown to them and with pressure from people waiting behind go into meltdown. The problem lies with the design of the system, I've been to grounds where you insert the barcode into a cash machine style slot which is faultless but obviously costs more to install. Maybe the club should of had people inside the booths to scan the codes for the people?
Edd1

It wasn't just the normal problems that they have though, it was far worse than I've ever seen it. The turnstile I went through needed you to not only scan your ticket but also press a button at the same time. Never had that before. And there was just one steward trying to help with both turnstiles.

I got to the turnstiles 20 mins before kick off, a not un reasonable time to get there, and the queue was huge. I got in on the dot of kick off.

Technical problems happen, I accept that, for them to happen on a big night is most unfortunate, but the job of the club is to have the people and procedures in place for when they do.

When the scanners were having problems they should have been able to put humans on the turnstiles straight away and get things moving.
let_it_bee

Sorry to say I'm with the club's critics with regard to the turnstile issue. With my regular membership card it often takes a dozen goes before you get that reassuring bleep. With that number of people, unfamiliar with the process, and the lack of stewards it was a recipe for chaos. And there was a steward standing a few feet from the turnstiles literally doing nothing, other than getting in the way. He surely could have been helping to get people through who were struggling. I was relatively lucky in missing just the first five minutes, during which I was told we were well on top!
Let's not dwell on the one negative though. What a night! Not much I can add with regard to the performances, except that Elito hasn't had much of mention, but for me he was a candidate for MoM. Never would have dreamt I'd be standing to applaud that guy off the field after his insipid performances in the early games of the season, but I thought he was excellent - worked hard, calm on the ball, used it sensibly and always made himself available. It was nerve-wracking the way we seemed to give them open licence to attack us down the flanks, and at times it felt a bit like the 5-5 game from 1990 - every time they attacked I felt they could score, and our goal did lead a bit of charmed life. But obviously the penalty balances that out somewhat, and I don't think there's any way we could have asked any more from any of he players.
Nudger70

Was outside at 19.30 got in at 19.57. not acceptable. 2 lines were been filtered through one turnstile because the other was defective. Opened up gate far too late was obvious 20 minutes earlier there was a problem. Pyros looked good have seen worse smoke out of the burger bar in the past.
eastbarnetsupporter

The problem with the turnstiles is that people don't know how to use it.

I've seen people attempt it and it's basically human error all the time.
lemming3k

Starting to feel lucky it only took 15 minutes to get in and I only missed a couple of minutes.
I don't want to take away from an epic performance, but the queue was barely moving at times through 2 turnstiles; but then if you lot are taking 10 seconds then that explains it - That's only 12 people a minute through 2 turnstiles so 1000 people would take nearly an hour and a half to get in!
And what was pressing that feckin button for?

It's not like we have a massive nor old stadium, we should be able to handle a capacity crowd without anyone missing 20-30 minutes of a game and have processes in place for it - A minute or two missed for last minute arrivals is fair enough, but 15-20 minutes before the game? Sorry it just wasn't organised at all and I suspect we need a better system and a couple extra turnstiles to get people in promptly.

The toilets aren't adequate for a capacity crowd either (in the south at least).

Still, if lessons are learned it'll be worth it. Hoping for justice for that pen in the replay.
hoofer2

Edd1 wrote:It wasn't just the normal problems that they have though, it was far worse than I've ever seen it. The turnstile I went through needed you to not only scan your ticket but also press a button at the same time. Never had that before. And there was just one steward trying to help with both turnstiles.

I got to the turnstiles 20 mins before kick off, a not un reasonable time to get there, and the queue was huge. I got in on the dot of kick off.

Technical problems happen, I accept that, for them to happen on a big night is most unfortunate, but the job of the club is to have the people and procedures in place for when they do.

When the scanners were having problems they should have been able to put humans on the turnstiles straight away and get things moving.
Turnstiles in East Stand stopped working for 2 to 5 minutes
kingpinfid

What a terrible attitude. No wonder no one bothers to turn up to watch most of our matches.

The customer experience for anyone other than a hardcore sad sack (who would support the club no matter what) is really poor.
kingpinfid

Mickbee wrote:
StephenM wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Correct.

What a terrible attitude, but clearly one that is shared by the club.

No wonder that virtually no one bothers to turn up to 90% of our matches.
LoudmouthBFC

Barnet F.C. 3 v Brentford F.C. 3 | Blink and you missed it! | GAMEDAY! Vlog! (28/01/19)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRaCyFM--8
beew

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Barnet F.C. 3 v Brentford F.C. 3 | Blink and you missed it! | GAMEDAY! Vlog! (28/01/19)

If it’s any consolation my voice is worse than yours today. Top Vlog again.
LoudmouthBFC

beew wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Barnet F.C. 3 v Brentford F.C. 3 | Blink and you missed it! | GAMEDAY! Vlog! (28/01/19)

If it’s any consolation my voice is worse than yours today. Top Vlog again.

Cheers mate. Few days rest, and it will be back!!!!!
shankbee01

To be honest, getting into Underhill used to take a bonkers amount of time. Obviously counting the cash was tricky for the turnstile folk. Whilst it would be good for it to work seamless it doesn’t. I’ve spent half hour getting into Wembley for a 60% full match. Football is policed differently to the theatre for obvious reasons. Sure, the club could have done things better, it was always going to take ages though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk