Brentford (Hive) The Bee All and End All Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DerekRocholl

Re: Brentford (Hive) The Bee All and End All Match Thread

The fact that button pressing after bar-code scanning had to be introduced was clear evidence that all was not working properly with the turnstiles.
Rupes

IT systems break - fact. Doesn't matter if it's Barnet FC, or British Airways (for want of another large corporate name), they aren't 100% foolproof. Maybe this one didn't like the load, we'll never know if it has been load-tested in real time or not to deal with a 6k crowd.

What's of more concern is why the club didn't have a steward or someone positioned at the gates, to help newcomers with the scanning and to alert people at the club via radio if problems were starting to arise. Small details, I know, but getting those right and having contingency plans (not just "open the gates") go a long way to overall making the match experience better.
Norfolk & Chance

MCB wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote: You don't get this issue with cash on the gate..................whistle emoji......getting my coat emoji......
Well, no. You don't get cash on the gate. For a sold out game.

There was definitely an issue later on. I got in at 6.30, no queues, every gate working fine, lots of staff, first pat down I can remember to check I didn't have any flares etc... but a mate that arrived at 7.40 took 20 minutes and said people were climbing in. Thankfully there's would't have been people at The Hive who didn't have a ticket, but sounds like an investigation needed. Glad to hear the gate was open - assume tickets were checked?!
:D :hi:
Nudger70

Think it needs the club to adress the issues with the turnstiles Monday night there were definitely issues. A small apology and information on what the issue was . Luckily most of the action was after the 30mins mark so no one was feeling hard done by. Hopefully it’s sorted out for the Swansea replay.
rudebwoyben

Nudger70 wrote:Think it needs the club to adress the issues with the turnstiles Monday night there were definitely issues. A small apology and information on what the issue was . Luckily most of the action was after the 30mins mark so no one was feeling hard done by. Hopefully it’s sorted out for the Swansea replay.
No more replays in the FA Cup at the 5th round stage any more!
hoppy

rudebwoyben wrote:
Nudger70 wrote:Think it needs the club to adress the issues with the turnstiles Monday night there were definitely issues. A small apology and information on what the issue was . Luckily most of the action was after the 30mins mark so no one was feeling hard done by. Hopefully it’s sorted out for the Swansea replay.
No more replays in the FA Cup at the 5th round stage any more!
Talking of replays, will Saturday's game at Carshalton go to extra time if all is level at 90 minutes, or will there be a second game at The Hive?
GenkiDev

Rupes wrote:IT systems break - fact. Doesn't matter if it's Barnet FC, or British Airways (for want of another large corporate name).

Peskey drones :laugh:
John_c

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:
Edd1 wrote:I'd say it was well more than 300-400. I got in to the south almost on the dot of kick off and the queues at that point were up the steps and stretching well into the carpark. People were still coming in after 20 mins. On the highlights just look at the empty spaces on the south terrace when they hit the post early on and then look at it when brentford scored their first on what, 35 mins? That gives an idea of how many more people came in after kick off.

I don't care if it's on TV kick off should have been delayed.
It actually took longer than that. My friends got into the Legends stand 28 minutes in despite arriving 5 minutes before KO.

It's annoying but that's the clubs fault not BT or the FA. Would never be delayed unless you had half the ground waiting outside and even then...
If your mates arrived 5 mins before kick off to a sold game then I'm struggling to blame the club for that to be honest.

I arrived 30 mins before kick off and got in as the game kicked off. And I thought I was pushing it at 30 mins.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
pokal02

I left at 6:10 instead of my normal 6:30 but had difficulty finding a parking place and joined the queue at 7:30. Fortunately i was in by 7.38. To be honest, I hadn't expected it to be that bad as I encountered no difficulty for the Gateshead and Chesterfield games which attracted only a few hundred less. (Perhaps there were a lot more away fans coming by car to this one?)
NoMagRyan

I got into the ground at 7pm just because I've had weird issues getting into The Hive in the past - ticket not scanning properly and no steward to help, inexplicably large queue at the ticket office for a league game, etc.
becbee

We left at 6pm instead of our usual 6.45pm, we had a slight delay on A1 then the traffic on Camrose Ave was heavy but we were parked in the members car park at 7.05pm. Got into the ground at 7.25pm. I'd thought it made sense to allow more time than I thought we needed than to cut it fine then risk being late.
MCB

Hmm, Brentford have gone to Norway for a training camp for the replay :nonono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-IBUvXzqo
Norfolk & Chance

That has GOT to be an Olympic sport!
I wonder how the marking system works?
Psycho

Nearly 48 hours on and I've just about recovered!

Immensely proud of all eleven players plus the subs in an epic cup tie. Well done to Darren Currie also for tactically getting it right. It was brilliant being part of that atmosphere and after celebrating two goals in three minutes, the many pints of Guinness nearly made a reappearance! I felt cheated and still angry at Wally Watkins having to dive against a non-league side to win a penalty - absolutely pathetic but we responded and I'm so glad for Dan Sparkes that his goal was voted best in the fourth round. What a superb programme the club produced - please can we go back to a paper copy?

Getting time off and persuading my other half that next week for the replay is Barnet's biggest match in their history is a challenge. As too will be getting a ticket but a 1,600 allocation sounds about right. I can't believe Brentford are giving it the Billy Big Bollocks by not selling any general sale pay-on-the-night tickets. There was no hint of any trouble on Monday night - the £12million they got for a defender has obviously gone to their heads and can afford vast, empty seating. What a contrast to Sheffield United, who did everything class on and off the field.
MCB

If anyone doesn't think Moose from Talksport knows nothing about football listen to this...

Yes, Huffer did well, but 'man of the match by miles'???

https://soundcloud.com/talksport/will-huffer-with-moose