Downhill Second Half Returns + Podcast

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Re: Downhill Second Half Returns + Podcast

Looking forward to this 1, Someone showed me the bit about his time with Barnet from his book will be good to hear him talk about his time.
Also I noticed on his instagram that he remembered back in November when it was 20 years since his debut for us against Blackpool.
BEEGONE

Looking forward to this.

Never heard him speak about his time at Barnet!
MCB

Fair play. That's A coup!
erichitchmo

It’s out in the wild! Go ahead and enjoy.

http://downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Podcast/Podcast.aspx

That’s all for series two for now, we hope you’ve enjoyed listening as much as we did recording both with and without guests. Let’s see if 2021 brings any more...
barnetpete

Great start to a Monday, good to hear Tony's side on it. No Christmas cards shared between him and John Still then.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
adher36

erichitchmo wrote:It’s out in the wild! Go ahead and enjoy.

http://downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Podcast/Podcast.aspx

That’s all for series two for now, we hope you’ve enjoyed listening as much as we did recording both with and without guests. Let’s see if 2021 brings any more...
The sooner the better! You've had some great scoops with some people I never thought we would hear from in regards to their time at Barnet.
jerroll

Excellent listen , confirming a lot of what some of us suspected at the time - was never going to be purely down to TC and his comments about losing our top goalscorer at the time were certainly well made.
Psycho

Good work lads! Great listen. I don't hold any grudges against Tony Cottee - we took a big gamble and it didn't pay off. The one thing I think that would have saved us was if TC had remained as just a striker at Barnet with John Still managing the team from March onwards. We would have scored at places like Cardiff and Lincoln which should have ensured safety.

One thing that has to be said - we were entertaining and had some big scorelines that season. It was certainly value for money for a neutral.
MCB

Just re-iterates that 20 years ago John Still's football was still that of a dinosaur.

He says all the right things - "I'm proud to say I played for Barnet" stands out, and holds his hands up to his share of the blame.

Maybe use it show Mark Arber - "If TC can be on the pod and receive a fair hearing, so can you..."
letchbee94

That was good and interesting listen.
Must say TC comes across as a decent and down to earth bloke and can't say I blame him for not staying on and must admit if I was in his shoes I probably would have felt same way about John Still after we went down.

Good work again DHSH.
john dockers shorts

Excellent interview with Tony Cottee.
Interesting insight into how John Still had his sticky fingers involved.
Bee_Forever

erichitchmo wrote:Episode Two of the podcast is out now where we try to put together our favourite Barnet XI. It went on for so long that we had to split into two parts, so part one is out now for your enjoyment.

https://downhillsecondhalf.podbean.com/ ... 1-players/
Just started listening to the podcast and found first two very entertaining and insightful.

I would have had Clisty instead of Clovis and I was a bit surprised not to hear hatchy get more of a mention but otherwise I thought the team was pretty much spot on.

Looking forward to listening to the rest of them.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
PBBee

Great listen again guys - these really have been superb.

Shame you’re no longer regulars but many understand your reasons.
Reckless

Outstanding. I know this is just TC's side of the story and we ideally to be fair need TK and John's too, but I know from really good unbiased authority that TC had his faults but his inexperience in Managing was a massive part of the saga, he simply needed guidance and cultivation.
I do hope that some fans who I know, and they know who they are, will say sorry Reckless perhaps he isn't such a C@@T after all.

I still can recall the moment he was announced as a new signing, having Tony Cottee as No 9, what a buzz. Every player in that 2000/1 season will tell you that the squad was more than capable of staying up, there was too much talent in it.
underhillbovrilstink

Really good last 3 episodes and getting TC on is a big coup for DSH ! Great work.

Much respect to Tony for being a guest .....Would love to have asked him why he marginalised and ultimately sold our other established strikers McGleish/Charlery, when he was 35 at the time and never going to play every match? We were left with a young Wayne Purser and Tony “watch the windows” Richards for that ill fated run in.

Say what you want about Stilly, with the Bees he reached the league two playoffs twice within 3 years, took Dag & Red to League one and won the conference with Luton, would be good to hear his side of the story.

Great recommendation on the 90s football podcast too (Quicky Kevin).

Gary Breen for season 3 ?