Kings Lynn (Away) The Outer Linnets Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Kings Lynn (Away) The Outer Linnets Match Thread

So.…. Tuesday sees the bees travelling to the outer limits of English Geography as we head to the Wash to take on Kings Lynn Town in our latest Bananarama pre-season fixture.

After Barnet played like a busted flush against the cards, a long trip up to Norfolk gives the bees a chance to get back on a winning run (is it a run if you win one game in 4 months?). With a few players suffering injuries and issues around intensity it will be interesting to see how our small squad of selectable players gets on.

This would have been one of the games which would have been nailed on for an away trip with it being possible to return from Kings Lynn the same day, still, with no relegation on the cards we can look forward to it next year as long as we are not in lockdown 17.

In terms of team lineup for our latest friendly we seemed to pick up a few knocks and there was also a lack of attacking impetus in the team so I think a few changes make sense.

-----------------------------------Loach---------------------------

--Judd--------------Kefalas------------Daly---------Connors---

--Mason-Clarke----Taylor---------Wordsworth----Petrasso---

---------------------Baker-Richardson---Hooper-----------------

Subs: Azaze, McQueen, Dunne, Faal, McBurnie

I will be watching the game on stream with a celebratory zoom for Barnetjohn's birthday.

COYB's. Drink2:

--
ETBee

Re: Kings Lynn (Away) The Outer Linnets Match Thread

For the first time this season I think I'll give this one a miss.
jerroll

ETBee wrote:For the first time this season I think I'll give this one a miss.
Dangerous idea, we have earned 11 of our 12 points from midweek games!
mike_p

Same here - think I'll give this one a miss
becbee

jerroll wrote:
Dangerous idea, we have earned 11 of our 12 points from midweek games!
Agree - the one match I missed was the Tuesday night match v Dag & Red, we won that one!
John Hunt

That is one I had earmarked to actually go to. The wish I was there one. I won’t be watching online.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
gowerfan

What odds Michael Gash to score the winner? Either way cert. home win. If we can't be the part time plumbers and decorators of Woking at home and now have a list of injuries what hope can there be? This is a real 6 pointer or would have been had Covid not intervened. A great year to finish in the bottom two.
PBBee

Me too.
Roy57

If we loose against kings Lynn tomorrow then surely TK must consider it flowers is the man to take us forward, he has brought in Daly, Richards Everton. Kefalas. Judd and Baker- Richardson. Yes defense is better organised but has it improved enough. Then surely answer has to be NO. We are still conceeding stupid mistakes in defense that has led to goals, how many players has Flowers improved, has Dunne, wordswirth, Taylor or Hooper improved, again NO. Yes he has players he inherited that are poor to say the least. But he has been at the club long enough to bring out the best in players that are better than they have shown. You can add Mason Clark to that list of players flowers has not brought out there potential. That we all know is hidden there somewhere. Maybe TF is the manager we need but TK must be 100% sure before giving him a hopefully bigger budget next season. I am afraid I am not so sure. Be Intresting to see the views of others to see if they believe he is the manager to be given the chance to bring in his own players, but if TK has doubts about giving TF a hopefully bigger budget to bring in virtually complete new squad he has to big decisions over the next few months.
hoofer2

Roy57 wrote:If we loose against kings Lynn tomorrow then surely TK must consider it flowers is the man to take us forward, he has brought in Daly, Richards Everton. Kefalas. Judd and Baker- Richardson. Yes defense is better organised but has it improved enough. Then surely answer has to be NO. We are still conceeding stupid mistakes in defense that has led to goals, how many players has Flowers improved, has Dunne, wordswirth, Taylor or Hooper improved, again NO. Yes he has players he inherited that are poor to say the least. But he has been at the club long enough to bring out the best in players that are better than they have shown. You can add Mason Clark to that list of players flowers has not brought out there potential. That we all know is hidden there somewhere. Maybe TF is the manager we need but TK must be 100% sure before giving him a hopefully bigger budget next season. I am afraid I am not so sure. Be Intresting to see the views of others to see if they believe he is the manager to be given the chance to bring in his own players, but if TK has doubts about giving TF a hopefully bigger budget to bring in virtually complete new squad he has to big decisions over the next few months.
The improved result against Halifax was down to improved fitness and work rate for one match only, but hope we can give an equivalent performance tonight.

I think TF should have strengthed up front too, I think Effiong was better than recent signing. If TF was given role in Summer, would McCallum have stayed?

Petrasso creates chances out of nothing. Need Hooper to do the same. Having looked at those Brentford highlights....EMC confidence must be shot to bits.
becbee

There again, McCallum has only scored 3 league goals this season.
john dockers shorts

Roy57 wrote:If we loose against kings Lynn tomorrow then surely TK must consider it flowers is the man to take us forward, he has brought in Daly, Richards Everton. Kefalas. Judd and Baker- Richardson. Yes defense is better organised but has it improved enough. Then surely answer has to be NO. We are still conceeding stupid mistakes in defense that has led to goals, how many players has Flowers improved, has Dunne, wordswirth, Taylor or Hooper improved, again NO. Yes he has players he inherited that are poor to say the least. But he has been at the club long enough to bring out the best in players that are better than they have shown. You can add Mason Clark to that list of players flowers has not brought out there potential. That we all know is hidden there somewhere. Maybe TF is the manager we need but TK must be 100% sure before giving him a hopefully bigger budget next season. I am afraid I am not so sure. Be Intresting to see the views of others to see if they believe he is the manager to be given the chance to bring in his own players, but if TK has doubts about giving TF a hopefully bigger budget to bring in virtually complete new squad he has to big decisions over the next few months.

Our defence is so much better than previous matches. You can have the best defence and concede goals.

Our defence before was based on panic....this doesn't happen now.

TF has bought in one player up front and he's doesn't do much.

Exception of Petrasso and Wordsworth who are better than this level the rest aren't playing below their ability. All the rest can't be made to play any better....TF is not a magician. They are basic players.

So of course TF should stay.

I think my Internet connection is playing up later....
genevabee

Stupid question but do we know how seriously KL are taking this fixture? Didn't I see somewhere that they've written this season off completely?

Not that facing weakened opposition would help us any.
rudebwoyben

genevabee wrote:Stupid question but do we know how seriously KL are taking this fixture? Didn't I see somewhere that they've written this season off completely?

I think they’re not going to play any more fixtures after this one, unless something changes on the funding front.
becbee

rudebwoyben wrote:
genevabee wrote:Stupid question but do we know how seriously KL are taking this fixture? Didn't I see somewhere that they've written this season off completely?

I think they’re not going to play any more fixtures after this one, unless something changes on the funding front.
They announced that they were also playing on Saturday, home to Weymouth, before giving up. Quite possibly they'll take both matches very seriously, a last hurrah, sign off in style etc?