Injuries

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Patel89

Injuries

Just heard HK interview - not sure why he say's he's not going into details regarding injuries we are only the paying fans after all!!!

Does anyone know who the player is that's going to be out for 3 months? Marriot? Why do we always seem to have major injury issues 3 league games played we have 8 people out - Also I think the budget is gone be good to hear more from those in the know surely we have to get a busy CM in with legs and a striker!
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Injuries

I'd certainly prefer one with legs.
Norfolk & Chance

Mind you, if the budget is gone........
adher36

I can sort of understand not wanting to mention a player who has picked up a slight knock so will miss the upcoming match.

But not to say who the player is who is going to be out for 3 months is just ridiculous. It looks as though it probably is Marriott, maybe Fonguck.
Patel89

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I'd certainly prefer one with legs.
Haha sorry the rant got the better of me wasn't impressed with the interview I just don't understand why we are not told what's going on with the players!!
Norfolk & Chance

It's certainly a bit odd.
It's either a policy decision or just another symptom of a less than good comms approach from the club.
becbee

So, according to the interview:
We have 1 player who will be out for up to about 3 months,
3-4 players who will be back back end of next week'
2-3 players who are going to be back maybe Monday or Tuesday.

I can appreciate that players have setbacks in their recovery so can understand why he's not going to name players he expects back soon in case they don't make it. But surely there is no reason to be secretive about the long term injury and stop us speculating?

Very worrying if it is Marriott, the attack is too toothless to cope as it is indefinitely. But whether it is or it isn't, it would help to know.
ETBee

Don't forget that Jake Askew with his broken ankle is expected to be out for several months. If all the rest are expected to be back (whatever that means - fit to train, fit to do impact training or fit to play a game? ) then that's not too bad.

I've often thought that the less talented/successful players*, i.e. the ones we can attract, are more likely to get injured. Physically they may not be as tough and they may not be as clever at avoiding injury. Watch how Ronaldo protects himself. At the other end of the scale is Jack Wilsher. If you've ever seen him play live it is no wonder he was frequently injured although he doesn't fit into * this group.

There's also the political injury as illustrated by Walker or rather Non-Walker. Easily cured by waving wads of cash under the nose.
Modernist

I wouldn't be surprised if the long term injury is Powell. Had a knock on Saturday, carried on and went down holding his hamstring. I think with the worst kind of strain they can take 3 months to heal. He looked unfit, so must have been susceptible to strains.
jerroll

ETBee wrote:Don't forget that Jake Askew with his broken ankle is expected to be out for several months. If all the rest are expected to be back (whatever that means - fit to train, fit to do impact training or fit to play a game? ) then that's not too bad.

I've often thought that the less talented/successful players*, i.e. the ones we can attract, are more likely to get injured. Physically they may not be as tough and they may not be as clever at avoiding injury. Watch how Ronaldo protects himself. At the other end of the scale is Jack Wilsher. If you've ever seen him play live it is no wonder he was frequently injured although he doesn't fit into * this group.

There's also the political injury as illustrated by Walker or rather Non-Walker. Easily cured by waving wads of cash under the nose.
Good point well made abut Askew, lets hope he is the one Mr Kewell was talking about.
becbee

I didn't even know that Askew had broken his ankle. All I knew was that he'd had been injured in a pre match warm up. How did he manage to break his ankle in a pre-match warm up? Although of course that would be far better than ligament damage, which I'd have thought more likely?
WhetstoneBee

Seriously, what is going on with this club? Every single season it's the same story. We are 3 games into a new season and have EIGHT players out injured?!
Sporting Barnet

Image if Klopp said last year that Liverpool had got some injuries.. I'm not telling you who .... one might be long term and I won't tell you who is going to play in which positions. The reply from the board would be pack your bags Jurgen your off. HK do me a favour you're not picking a CL final starting XI this is non-league. For supporters to invest in the club we need to feel part of it, which as a minimum would be knowing slightly more about are players than the opposition. If we lose we lose just be honest and stop the cloak and dagger news releases please!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
becbee

Sporting Barnet wrote:Image if Klopp said last year that Liverpool had got some injuries.. I'm not telling you who .... one might be long term and I won't tell you who is going to play in which positions. The reply from the board would be pack your bags Jurgen your off. HK do me a favour you're not picking a CL final starting XI this is non-league. For supporters to invest in the club we need to feel part of it, which as a minimum would be knowing slightly more about are players than the opposition. If we lose we lose just be honest and stop the cloak and dagger news releases please!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Unfortunately this is correct. Except that there is one difference. Liverpool's opponents would at least know who these injured players were. HK is being secretive about players who the Grimsby manager (along with the rest of the NL managers ) most probably has never heard of. The absence of these injured players won't be affecting our opponents team planning.
Norfolk & Chance

Are we certain HK knows who they are?