Community Involvement

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
b4life

Community Involvement

In case you haven't seen this. This link was originally posted on the BFCS1926 area by Mikel Bee but thought it was worth putting here.

Some really good work going on via the Hive Foundation, managed by Daniel Martin. This is a long term strategy NOT just giving out free tickets. Exactly the right approach. Watch out for the podcast on Beespod featuring Daniel Martin, coming soon.

https://barnetfc.com/barnet-fc-players- ... cal-schools
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Mem Beespod

Re: Community Involvement

b4life wrote:In case you haven't seen this. This link was originally posted on the BFCS1926 area by Mikel Bee but thought it was worth putting here.

Some really good work going on via the Hive Foundation, managed by Daniel Martin. This is a long term strategy NOT just giving out free tickets. Exactly the right approach. Watch out for the podcast on Beespod featuring Daniel Martin, coming soon.

https://barnetfc.com/barnet-fc-players- ... cal-schools
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/b ... 0542143216

Podcast is now up!
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
LeftSideRun

Thanks for highlighting this great initiative. Hopefully the team can put on good performances and win new fans. Glad to hear they will also be going to Barnet schools in future.

Will have a listen to the podcast, cheers.
b4life

Everyone needs to listen to the podcast especially anyone who believes (quite) rightly that we need to retain links to the Borough and town of Barnet. Daniel says in the podcast that we're talking to Barnet Council and hoping to work with Barnet schools as well as schools more local to the Hive. It really is excellent work that's being done by Daniel and Hive Foundation.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
MCB

Just want to emphasise that it's lovely to reminisce with old players, but if you have any concerns about what directions the club is taking to move forward, to grow crowds, to ensure links to Barnet are maintained (which is probably everyone) then this is an absolute must listen. I really struggle to hear people saying 'not enough is being done' or 'the club is not communicating' unless you've listened to what is being done, or what the club is communicating. Criticism of it then is fair enough.

LeftSideRun

Good listen.

Sounds like he knows what he is doing and has passion for it. Also sounds like he will need support soon, as projects develop and grow.
lm1589

I work in a school near Underhill. Sadly they have zero presence in schools Barnet schools.

- No tickets offered to schools since move as far as I 'm aware.
- Tournaments stopped about 5 years ago - were pretty badly organised when they were.
- No offers of coming in etc

Getting kids in surely a no brainer?! Get the kids, you get paying adults + you can sell extra merchandise.
Also the fanbase seems to be getting increasingly older (and bitter!)

So making an effort in and around the area (finally) a start I guess.....
b4life

lm1589 wrote:I work in a school near Underhill. Sadly they have zero presence in schools Barnet schools.

- Tournaments stopped about 5 years ago - were pretty badly organised when they were.

Getting kids in surely a no brainer?! Get the kids, you get paying adults + you can sell extra merchandise.

Have you even listened to the podcast? Daniel Martin clearly states that he's talking to Barnet council AND looking at extending the affiliate scheme to Barnet schools. Give him a chance for goodness sake. It's the best and more forward looking programme we've ever had.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
fordybarnet

MCB wrote:Just want to emphasise that it's lovely to reminisce with old players, but if you have any concerns about what directions the club is taking to move forward, to grow crowds, to ensure links to Barnet are maintained (which is probably everyone) then this is an absolute must listen. I really struggle to hear people saying 'not enough is being done' or 'the club is not communicating' unless you've listened to what is being done, or what the club is communicating. Criticism of it then is fair enough.

Brilliant listen, very impressed, sounds like Dan is the Man to push the club forward especially with our young fan base.
Well done to TK as well, good luck with all the good intentions.
Shame Figgy's visit is cancelled, but that will happen along with other Legends hopefully.
John Hunt

To be fair Dan is keeping in a good tradition of fine community teams at Barnet that if given the scope will have great success.

I rememberthis good work going back to the days of Geoff Cooper and Janet Matthewson among others.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
lm1589

b4life wrote:
lm1589 wrote:I work in a school near Underhill. Sadly they have zero presence in schools Barnet schools.

Have you even listened to the podcast? Daniel Martin clearly states that he's talking to Barnet council AND looking at extending the affiliate scheme to Barnet schools. Give him a chance for goodness sake. It's the best and more forward looking programme we've ever had.
Simply giving context to the community involvement since the move i.e. poor / none

As I said , now making an effort in and around the area a start
beew

Just listened.

Absolutely fascinating and where in the past we've got some appointments seriously wrong, I feel this guy is a real asset. I love his passion and confidence.

Great interview.
hoppy

Lots and lots of youngsters at The Hive today. If that was down to Dan Martin and his team a massive WELL DONE.
Let's have even more at the next home game.
chesbee

Wonder if the club will have a stall at Barnet Christmas Fair on the 5 th December
hoppy

I have only just read yesterday's Match Programme, it gives details of the various groups of children attending the game.

There were children from Grange Primary School (they were the flag bearers), St Bernadettes Primary School, West Lodge Primary School, Stanburn Primary School, Whitchurch Primary School and Nursery, St John Fisher Catholic Primary School, Belmont Bees Youth FC, Elite FC, St Joseph's Youth 88 FC as well as participants and parents from the Saturday Soccer Schools.

No wonder the main stand seemed fuller than usual
Well, they had an entertaining game of football and a Bees win as well.

A superb initiative from the Club. We need this Community engagement at EVERY home league match. These children are our future fans.