South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrawleyBee

Re: South Stand

Scandalous decision to get rid of the terrace, ground looks so tin pot with nothing going on behind the goal. Why bloody change it, keep the terrace and use the money to improve match day experience. The silence is deafening. I also haven’t received the minutes, joined the WhatsApp group too late I guess.
Formerly Watfordbee
moortownbee

CrawleyBee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 19:24 Scandalous decision to get rid of the terrace, ground looks so tin pot with nothing going on behind the goal. Why bloody change it, keep the terrace and use the money to improve match day experience. The silence is deafening. I also haven’t received the minutes, joined the WhatsApp group too late I guess.
The minutes was sent to group this morning. Happy to repost if required
CrawleyBee

Thanks Moortown
Formerly Watfordbee
HertsBee

ANPR makes TK money, a scoreboard costs him money. A seated Stand can generate TK more money than a Terrace. It has nothing to do with a fans matchday experience, only about how TK can make himself more money. A decent electronic scoreboard(we only need one) can cost from as little as 5K. So why do people now have to join a WhatsApp group to find out info about their club, which originally was for SA members but now seems it isn't.
CrawleyBee

HertsBee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 19:48 ANPR makes TK money, a scoreboard costs him money. A seated Stand can generate TK more money than a Terrace. It has nothing to do with a fans matchday experience, only about how TK can make himself more money. A decent electronic scoreboard(we only need one) can cost from as little as 5K. So why do people now have to join a WhatsApp group to find out info about their club, which originally was for SA members but now seems it isn't.

Having read the report there’s not an awful lot in it! No stand for the foreseeable and no scoreboard.
Formerly Watfordbee
DerekRocholl

b4life wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 17:04
HertsBee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 08:01 Why do you have to give details by email? Surely an open post on here where everyone can see it, or is the new stand going to be exclusively for SA members only and not open to all supporters. It's all this cloak & dagger treatment that pisses fans off.
This a public forum. I don't think it would be right or professional of us to post it on here, that's one reason why we have a supporters association. It's free to join, why not do so yourself, if you haven't done it yet? If, after we've sent to supporters, individuals decide to discuss on here, then that's their choice.
I’m not a member and don’t intend to be a member but this is a very odd response from a Supporters Association. Especially since it has a website that it used to post meeting minutes on and has a separate section of this forum to engage with supporters and uses this forum to solicit opinion for the committee to use when framing questions to the Club’s owner.

Since when did openess and transparency become unprofessional ?
BeesKnees99

Incredibly disappointing set of minutes, but not in the least bit surprising. Was considering buying my first ever membership next season but won’t be bothering on this basis. Well done Tony, you’ve learned absolutely nothing.
BeesKnees99

DerekRocholl wrote:
b4life wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 17:04
HertsBee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 08:01 Why do you have to give details by email? Surely an open post on here where everyone can see it, or is the new stand going to be exclusively for SA members only and not open to all supporters. It's all this cloak & dagger treatment that pisses fans off.
This a public forum. I don't think it would be right or professional of us to post it on here, that's one reason why we have a supporters association. It's free to join, why not do so yourself, if you haven't done it yet? If, after we've sent to supporters, individuals decide to discuss on here, then that's their choice.
I’m not a member and don’t intend to be a member but this is a very odd response from a Supporters Association. Especially since it has a website that it used to post meeting minutes on and has a separate section of this forum to engage with supporters and uses this forum to solicit opinion for the committee to use when framing questions to the Club’s owner.

Since when did openess and transparency become unprofessional ?
Completely agree with this. That Dom Rosso ‘update’ has proven to be complete bullshit, and the message needs to be spread far and wide.

Is the SA worried that TK won’t engage with them anymore if his lies are exposed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underhill Glory

Can a fellow fan in the group please post the information here?
foxy

Been to Horsham a few times, decent club down there.
[/quote]

Did it have a theatre Ollie?
North Finchley Bee

Not sure about going to China, get one made in Britain. Other clubs of a similar and bigger size seem happy to use them.

https://scoreboards.uk/products/simple-scoreboards/
Last edited by North Finchley Bee on 23 Apr 2023, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
CrawleyBee

foxy wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 20:33 Been to Horsham a few times, decent club down there.
Did it have a theatre Ollie?
[/quote]

Yes
Formerly Watfordbee
DerekRocholl

North Finchley Bee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 20:46 Not sure about going to China, get one made in Britain. Other clubs of a similar and bigger size seem happy to use them.

Looking at this picture on that website I think he might have been there before

https://scoreboards.uk/wp-content/uploa ... eboard.jpg
beew

DerekRocholl wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 20:52
North Finchley Bee wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 20:46 Not sure about going to China, get one made in Britain. Other clubs of a similar and bigger size seem happy to use them.

Looking at this picture on that website I think he might have been there before

https://scoreboards.uk/wp-content/uploa ... eboard.jpg
I don't understand why we can't get the ones we purchased from this company fixed. How can both of them be broken and unrepairable?
HertsBee

How about the SA setting up a crowd-funding page. I am sure the Supporters will all chip in to buy one. If Chesterfield can do it to buy pitch covers, i am sure we can.