South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: South Stand

Roy57 wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 17:54
I cannot remember if it was Bromley away, but there terrace prices were the same as seating, £22
And pretty sure this is the case in a few other clubs, but as stated the cost would not be overly important, but would be nice for supporters to stand if wished, don't believe supporters who are in favour of safe standing are saying so just they believe they might save a couple of quid on admittance.
Bromley don't give away supporters any seating. We all have to stand on an uncovered terrace and hope the weather isn't inclement.
AmberBattalion

We will be standing at the back behind the goal no matter if there is safe standing or not, as im sure many others would aswell, however obviously safe standing rails would really get the numbers up behind the goal.
Tuesds

AmberBattalion wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 21:16 … however obviously safe standing rails would really get the numbers up behind the goal.
And this is the counterpoint to the suggestion that there is no incentive for the club to put it in because it doesn’t increase capacity. It likely would increase demand to at least some degree, and we damn well need to find every way we can to do that.
amberforever

Does anyone know if Reg who used to stand at the back of south stand along with John and Mick still go to the Hive? Lost touch with them after it was closed.
bfc_mo

Any update?
WillesdenBee

As stated in the BFCSA What’s App group, minutes will be of our latest meeting with Tony K will be released in the coming days, with an update on the new stand.
thebeekeeper

WillesdenBee wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 07:17 As stated in the BFCSA What’s App group, minutes will be of our latest meeting with Tony K will be released in the coming days, with an update on the new stand.
Good to know there's an update on the way. I was watching the Notts County game on NLTV and was thinking what a shame it is that we're no longer looking at turning the East Stand into a terrace (which I believe was under consideration at one stage).

I fully understand the logic if that stand is ultimately going to be knocked down and rebuilt (though do we need another large stand?!), but for me it would be the perfect opportunity to recreate a kind of 'Underhill East Terrace' vibe at The Hive. Because it's only a few rows, you'd probably get quite a good atmosphere there too.

That's all assuming we're not going to have a standing section in the new South Stand, of course.
bfc_mo

WillesdenBee wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 07:17 As stated in the BFCSA What’s App group, minutes will be of our latest meeting with Tony K will be released in the coming days, with an update on the new stand.
Can you add me back as I was kicked out
thefootballtrimmings

The year is 2034 and the grass patch behind the old Bees Terrace has grown into a giant bush. Barnet are now called the Harrow Bees and Martin Allen is back for one more crack at promotion to the Football League.
Check out my football blog (which includes a fair amount of Barnet FC!) https://www.thefootballtrimmings.com
thefootballtrimmings

[/quote]

I fully understand the logic if that stand is ultimately going to be knocked down and rebuilt (though do we need another large stand?!), but for me it would be the perfect opportunity to recreate a kind of 'Underhill East Terrace' vibe at The Hive. Because it's only a few rows, you'd probably get quite a good atmosphere there too.

That's all assuming we're not going to have a standing section in the new South Stand, of course.
[/quote]

This. Rip out the seats and give us a shallow terrace please. Old East Terrace vibes on the side of the pitch.
Check out my football blog (which includes a fair amount of Barnet FC!) https://www.thefootballtrimmings.com
hoofer2

thefootballtrimmings wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 17:36

[/quote]

This. Rip out the seats and give us a shallow terrace please. Old East Terrace vibes on the side of the pitch.
[/quote]

It'll be more like the North West frontier IMO... not enough rows / absence of roof to make it worth the while.

One thing that no one ever seems to mention is railed seating means in theory you have to stand in a designated spot anyway - so am not free to roam. We'll still hear the groans "can't stand with mates"!
thebeekeeper

hoofer2 wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 17:48
thefootballtrimmings wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 17:36

[/quote]

It'll be more like the North West frontier IMO... not enough rows / absence of roof to make it worth the while.

One thing that no one ever seems to mention is railed seating means in theory you have to stand in a designated spot anyway - so am not free to roam. We'll still hear the groans "can't stand with mates"!
[/quote]

Agree about safe standing - it's only a significant benefit if it is unreserved seating / standing. I don't see why that couldn't be the case though.
Last edited by thebeekeeper on 20 Mar 2023, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
BEEGONE

thebeekeeper wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 17:36
Tuesds wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 13:30
rudebwoyben wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 13:05 According to the notes of the recent meeting between the club and the bfcsa, the stand is going to be all-seater as any installation of rail-standing would have to be replicated for the away fans.
Is this a league rule? Can anyone cite any examples/a source for this rule?

I see that the government announcement about licences for safe standing at Premier League and Championship clubs refers to home and away fans (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/safe ... ext-season), but there’s no sign on the pitch that we’re planning for the Championship.

As far as I can tell League One Shrewsbury’s popular and successful safe standing accommodation is home fans only (https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... -standing/).
Why do I get the feeling this is typical Barnet FC bulls**t? My suspicion is that the stand will be seated simply because TK wants it to be - though the grants available may be a significant factor in that.

Frankly, I'm not sure the supporter experience is any more than a passing thought inside the club, whatever they may say.
Anyone actually reckon Maidstone built there end without a grant… :roll:
JWTBee

Agree about safe standing - it's only a significant benefit if it is unreserved seating / standing. I don't see why that couldn't be the case though.
This is what we had at Maidstone & very good it was too! So,in theory(& practice),not a problem!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Anthony

Have I missed this update, or is it still to be sent out?